+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Calendar app with working icon; Gmail app

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Made a couple quick apps for myself and thought others might find them useful: Gcal app - simply opens Safari to google.com/m#calendar .....better than a webclip because it uses the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Google Calendar app with working icon; Gmail app
    Made a couple quick apps for myself and thought others might find them useful:

Gcal app - simply opens Safari to google.com/m#calendar .....better than a webclip because it uses the default icon and taps the MobileCal.app in order to display the day/date on the icon.

Gmail app - simply opens Safari to google.com/m#gmail .....better than a webclip if you want to replace the dock mail link with a link to the web-based version (I don't think you can move a webclip into the dock, at least not yet?). Uses an icon with the Gmail logo and the same styling effects as a webclip.

If anyone comes up with some better icons for these (particularly one that integrates the day/date overlaid on a google calendar icon), please share.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kforeman; 01-31-2008 at 02:39 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kforeman For This Useful Post:

msevestre (02-01-2008), PKKid (07-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This thread is old, but I found no answer but yours by google searching this.

Anyway, icons for Gmail, Reader, Talk, and Calendar all work if you point iPhone Safari to m.google.com/calendar etc. instead of the usual google.com.