+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my take on the springboard and settings space issue

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
For springboard, I believe that an interface similar to that of "Weather" should be developed. Specifically the method of having multiple screen able to be scrolled horizontally. I am not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my take on the springboard and settings space issue
    For springboard, I believe that an interface similar to that of "Weather" should be developed. Specifically the method of having multiple screen able to be scrolled horizontally. I am not sure how this can be accomplished. Editing springboard would probably be very tricky. So a secondary app that would somehow be linked to the home button would probably work best. One that replaces springboard, instead of trying to improve it. In the process of making this super springboard, the ability to more easily skin the home screen could be added.

Also, I'm not sure how 3rd party apps are implementing settings menus. But in this post http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2455 (comment #9) the user was able to add items to the existing settings menu. Not sure about the new springboard would turn out, but a standard for adding items to the settings menu would be good.

Just my $.02.

-Matt

was in the chat room and the idea was proposed to try in load finder in the springboard folder. rename the app, and load all the other files in there as well. I'm not sure what files are needed with finder, and not too sure about how integrated springboard is. But someone with some more experience could try this, or tell someone else how to so it. I don't think the phone needs springboard to boot, so a restore should fix any damage this would cause, right?
    Last edited by mattjp88; 08-20-2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I agree about having an interface that resembles Weather.app. That would be pretty sick.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks, I was that guy. And I agree that someone with more experience should be involved. I got stuck on making the buttons initiate any type of application. But using the settings or the weather menu would make for endless possibilities. I may try later. Will someone please help us?

Green Apple
    Thanks

that is probably the best idea i have ever heard ever.