+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get Apple's apps in Launcher.app?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I want a couple of them off my desktop, but still have access in Launcher.app. I haven't figured out any DisplayOrder.plist editing that will do this...is there some other file
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How do I get Apple's apps in Launcher.app?
    I want a couple of them off my desktop, but still have access in Launcher.app. I haven't figured out any DisplayOrder.plist editing that will do this...is there some other file that needs to be edited for this to happen?

I can get them off the desktop fine, but they don't show up in Launcher.

Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

THANK YOU!!! I am searching for the same thing...anyone have any ideas? is there a .plist for launcher?

Thanks

You cant add applications to launcher, but you can with iLauncher. Download iLauncher from Installer. Then make an icon called l_icon.png in every application folder that you want to show up. You can just create a copy of icon.png, then rename it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    You cant add applications to launcher, but you can with iLauncher. Download iLauncher from Installer. Then make an icon called l_icon.png in every application folder that you want to show up. You can just create a copy of icon.png, then rename it.
    If you have Terminal installed or you can SSH into your iPhone THIS WILL BE HELPFUL

adm
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have not found out how to make the Photos application available in iLauncher. I've tried cp'ing all the .pngs in MobileSlideShow to no avail.

anyone?

edit: nm, apparently icon-Photos.png wouldn't take the first few tries, but eventually linked properly.
    Last edited by adm; 09-09-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Any ideas?
    You could edit the list of applications that the Launcher excludes, using hex editor. Copy launcher using SSH (Applications/Louncher.app/launcher) to your computer and open it with hex editor. Search for application you'd like to include in the list and replace one letter, for instance replace Installer with Inztaller. Copy the launcher back.
    Last edited by Vger; 09-09-2007 at 09:08 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vger For This Useful Post:

m.o.r. (12-27-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I want a couple of them off my desktop, but still have access in Launcher.app. I haven't figured out any DisplayOrder.plist editing that will do this...is there some other file that needs to be edited for this to happen?

I can get them off the desktop fine, but they don't show up in Launcher.

Any ideas?

i realize this thread has long been inactive but i figure it's still worth posting......

hi organik,

i tried out Vger's instructions and it worked like a charm! attached here is my modified launcher file that now shows all stock apple apps except photos & camera (can't figure out how this one since it combined the 2 into mobileslideshow). i'm sure a lot of people who prefer using launcher v0.2 over other launcher apps would find this useful as well.

- first make a backup of the launcher file included in the Launcher.app directory in your phone into your computer (i like using iphonebrowser or iphonelist for this).
    - then replace the launcher file within the Launcher.app directory with the one attached here. easy as a pie

regards,
    m.o.r.
    Attached Files Attached Files