+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you CHMOD? ?????!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
how do u CHMOD in winSCP cuz for the LIGHTS OUT app, u gotta chmod +x "/Applications/Lights Off.app/LightsOff .........? please! i installed PUTTY and goto the top and go to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Arrow How do you CHMOD? ?????!
    how do u CHMOD in winSCP
    cuz for the LIGHTS OUT app, u gotta

chmod +x "/Applications/Lights Off.app/LightsOff

.........? please!

i installed PUTTY and goto the top and go to putty but nothing comes up when i go into it, i think its cuz i have to chmod it or '666' it i need help w/ that please! its just a black screen when i click lights out lol

this response will help with almost every app i bet so please help a brothaaaa thx

iPhoned Home
    Thanks

You installed this putty or you just have the exe on your desktop ?

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/...-installer.exe

In SCP , you right click the file you wanna change the permissions on and goto Properties , then at the bottom change 0644 to 0755.

Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-20-2007 at 05:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what the ****, when i goto COMMANDS at the top of SCP, and then OPEN IN PUTTY *is that what im supposed to do to do??* it comes up but it doesn't let me TYPE when it asks for a passoword. when im supposed to type DOTTIE in that dos looking box i can't physically type anything.

do i goto commands and then TERMINAL and type that? ( chmod +x "/Applications/Lights Off.app/LightsOff )

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    what the ****, when i goto COMMANDS at the top of SCP, and then OPEN IN PUTTY *is that what im supposed to do to do??* it comes up but it doesn't let me TYPE when it asks for a passoword. when im supposed to type DOTTIE in that dos looking box i can't physically type anything.

do i goto commands and then TERMINAL and type that? ( chmod +x "/Applications/Lights Off.app/LightsOff )
    Dude, just calm down, get your phone out your ***.....

In Linux and Unix, when typing an password the cursor stays in the same spot, just type dottie and hit enter your done. A little reading around would have told you this.

Also, if you have Terminal.app installed and running, then yes...you can type that, but it might not all fit on the scree... soooo

do this...

cd /Applications/
    cd /Applications/Lights Off.app/
    chmod +x LightsOff or chmod 0775 LightsOff

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d View Post
    You installed this putty or you just have the exe on your desktop ?

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/...-installer.exe

In SCP , you right click the file you wanna change the permissions on and goto Properties , then at the bottom change 0644 to 0755.

You know I chased that little bug on my screen for 20-30 seconds before I realized, it was where your Photo/Logo goes to the left of your group handle name...

You had me wondering, how in the hell, that little bugger got inside of my laptop's LCD...