+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Connect to the iPhone via SSH

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm having difficulty connecting to the iPhone via SSH. I have already jailbreaked the iphone and used the sshify script successfully. When I try to connect to the iPhone via
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't Connect to the iPhone via SSH
    I'm having difficulty connecting to the iPhone via SSH. I have already jailbreaked the iphone and used the sshify script successfully. When I try to connect to the iPhone via WinSCP, I get a message saying that the connection timed out. I have SCP checked as the file protocol when connecting.

I have used the ip address found in the iPhone settings. I have also gone to whatismyipaddress.com on my iPhone several times and it has given a different ip address each time. I have tried each of them unsuccessfully.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong or what I have to do to get it to work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

are you connected to your wifi network from both the computer and iphone, do you have a software firewall on your computer, is your phone one?

user name is root and password is dottie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My computer is attached to the router and network through a wired connection. It is not on Wifi.

I have turned off the firewall, so it can't be causing the problem and I have entered the user name and password correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You have to have a wireless router for WinSCP to communicate and transfer files wireless to your phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

howd you get your IP Address on your phone if you dont have and Wireless Connection?
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If your only internet connection on your phone is via the EDGE network, you won't be able to SSH. The best way is for your computer and phone to both be on the same wireless network so that they can talk directly.

Otherwise, you'll need to remain tethered, and use iPhuc to talk to the phone.