Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Launcher.app Questions and DisplayOrder Help

Default Launcher.app Questions and DisplayOrder Help
    Is there any way to get Installer to show up inside of Launcher? I would love for my home screen to look like this:
    -want.png

Instead of:
    -got.png

I have tried to edit my DisplayOrder.plist, but no matter what I do nothing changes. After every reset, it looks the same. I really want to be able to launch all of my installed apps from the Launcher link, instead of cluttering up my home screen with all the extra icons.

If I cant get Installer to launch from Launcher, I will just create a transparent icon above the phone key for the installer. That would give me the look I am going for, and still allow me to add update my apps when required. If I ever installed or updated an app, I can just replace my DisplayOrder.plist with my working version to get everything back the way it should be, right?

Is there any way someone can make me a pair of DisplayOrder.plist files? The first one should look like my first image, and the second should have everything the same, except Installer.app as the last icon above my phone key. If anyone can do this, it would be awesome! I would gladly do some image work for someone, if they needed help. Thanks in advance,

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Just take the two apps that are in your way and put them in the Hidden part of the DisplayOrder.plist. Also make sure ALL the apps on the homescreen are in your DisplayOrder.plist.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I tried that, but it doesnt actually hide anything. This is what I end up with:
    -screen1.png

I attached my displayorder.plist file. Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody have any insight insight in to adding apps into launcher?
    Attached Files Attached Files

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm looking for the same info, basically, how does Launcher choose which apps to display, because it seems to be independent of what's in DisplayOrder.plist.

Yeah, launcher has a separate list of what to display. DisplayOrder.plist only determines what icons and locations are displayed on the home screen. Launcher is a 3rd party app, and has a separate file that will control whats displayed inside of it.

hi
    i've managed to put the installer string bits (dunno what you properly call it) into the "special" section of my displayorder.plist so it is now hidden. so on my installer does not show in springboard. however it does not show up in launcher, so that makes a big annoyance!

@ EmoRebellion i notice that u have removed the sms/text app from your springboard, my guess is that it doesn't show up in launcher either?
    it would appear that launcher only displays third party applications (except installer)

i had a look at ur displayorder.plist file and i know why ur "installer" icon isn't hidden,

you have put this under the "special" section of displayorder.plist file:

<dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.Installer</string>
    </dict>

when it should be this:
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.nullriver.iphone.Installer</string>
    </dict>
    thats prob why its not being hidden.

here is another launcher app you may want to try:
    http://code.google.com/p/mobilelauncher/
    its made by the group who developed MobileTerminal, and it launches apps like they way u add widgets in OSX, and it shows ALL applications installed on the iphone. i tried this but then messed up doing something else, so had to restore my iphone so no screen shot yet.

hope this helps! let me know how it goes =)