+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpoofApp 3g Announcement!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
SpoofApp is "technically" free. You dont have to pay to download it, AND it comes with 5 free minutes right off the bat. What costs money is the service, and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SpoofApp is "technically" free. You dont have to pay to download it, AND it comes with 5 free minutes right off the bat. What costs money is the service, and the service is provided by SpoofCard.com (separate company).

Heres a little history on SpoofApp along with why making the whole thing free isnt possible....

I have been a customer of SpoofCard.com for a couple years. Thought the service was fun, different, good for a laugh with friends. We'll when i started programming for the iPhone i realized i could make using SpoofCard.com much simpler by eliminating the need to dial their 800 number and typing in my pin and phone number then pressing the buttons to change my voice etc... I decided to make an app that made the whole process simple, and allow you to quickly enter this info and hit the call button.

When you hit call, your phone doesnt make any phone calls. What happens is all the variables (the number you want to call, the caller id number to display, the voice you want to use, whether or not to record) is transmitted over the internet to spoofcard.com's servers. Once they receive this info, they then call you back, you answer.... your connected to your intended caller! No having to remember your pin, or having to spend a minute going through the prompts to enter everything, also the biggest benefit is that with the app you can select phone numbers in your contacts which is the biggest best thing spoofapp offers.

Ok now for why it cant be free....

Changing your caller id number is kind of complicated. You cant just write an iphone program to do this. What happens is spoofcard needs to call YOU... then when you answer, spoofcard will call your intended caller, changing the caller id because they have the ability and technology to do this. They need to use 2 phone lines to make a call happen. A call to you, and a call to the person you want to call. Throw in the fact that spoofapp at its busiest times has had 400 simultanious calls..... (400 calls x 2 phone lines needed to make it work = 800 phone lines!)

800 phones lines (and thats just spoofapp traffic!) + all the servers + all the bandwidth + the staff needed to keep it all running etc etc etc....

The average call is usually between a minute and 2 minutes, so at 2 minutes a call you can make 30 calls for $10. Its pretty cheap. Its not a replacement for your normal cell phone calls, its just a fun thing to use on your friends occasionally!

One last thing... and im not trying to spam, if you goto my website you can buy actual physical SpoofCards to sell to your friends that work on ANY phone. Now once you use spoofapp and all your friends ask how did you change your voice and caller id, you can say...for $10 ill sell you a spoofcard and you can do it too! I show people spoofapp all the time, and i always cary the cards on me. They sell like crazy. Something to think about. Thanks for listening! - AL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpoofApp For This Useful Post:

dillonsmith9147 (08-10-2008), iphonehacker123 (08-08-2008), ltjbigshot (08-10-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpoofApp View Post
    SpoofApp is "technically" free. You dont have to pay to download it, AND it comes with 5 free minutes right off the bat. What costs money is the service, and the service is provided by SpoofCard.com (separate company).

Heres a little history on SpoofApp along with why making the whole thing free isnt possible....

I have been a customer of SpoofCard.com for a couple years. Thought the service was fun, different, good for a laugh with friends. We'll when i started programming for the iPhone i realized i could make using SpoofCard.com much simpler by eliminating the need to dial their 800 number and typing in my pin and phone number then pressing the buttons to change my voice etc... I decided to make an app that made the whole process simple, and allow you to quickly enter this info and hit the call button.

When you hit call, your phone doesnt make any phone calls. What happens is all the variables (the number you want to call, the caller id number to display, the voice you want to use, whether or not to record) is transmitted over the internet to spoofcard.com's servers. Once they receive this info, they then call you back, you answer.... your connected to your intended caller! No having to remember your pin, or having to spend a minute going through the prompts to enter everything, also the biggest benefit is that with the app you can select phone numbers in your contacts which is the biggest best thing spoofapp offers.

Ok now for why it cant be free....

Changing your caller id number is kind of complicated. You cant just write an iphone program to do this. What happens is spoofcard needs to call YOU... then when you answer, spoofcard will call your intended caller, changing the caller id because they have the ability and technology to do this. They need to use 2 phone lines to make a call happen. A call to you, and a call to the person you want to call. Throw in the fact that spoofapp at its busiest times has had 400 simultanious calls..... (400 calls x 2 phone lines needed to make it work = 800 phone lines!)

800 phones lines (and thats just spoofapp traffic!) + all the servers + all the bandwidth + the staff needed to keep it all running etc etc etc....

The average call is usually between a minute and 2 minutes, so at 2 minutes a call you can make 30 calls for $10. Its pretty cheap. Its not a replacement for your normal cell phone calls, its just a fun thing to use on your friends occasionally!

One last thing... and im not trying to spam, if you goto my website you can buy actual physical SpoofCards to sell to your friends that work on ANY phone. Now once you use spoofapp and all your friends ask how did you change your voice and caller id, you can say...for $10 ill sell you a spoofcard and you can do it too! I show people spoofapp all the time, and i always cary the cards on me. They sell like crazy. Something to think about. Thanks for listening! - AL
    Very well said.... This should put a hush on all the cry baby ***** people on here who wants everything in life to be free... People complain about a service to be paid for to be used, but say nothing about the cable boxes they paying monthly for when they can get the cable service without the box... Or even the people who wine and cry about paying an deductible to do an insurance claim on an broken device that was their fault, after paying $5.99 a month for 13 months and still have to pay $50-$110 for an replacement, its an service people.... either you use it or you dont, no need to wine and cry about it.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

No complaints here, I paid, and want to pay more when my minutes run out. I just need the app! Dialing and putting in my pin every time is annoying.

So, I aint cheap.....just lazy

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, I already bought $20 of minutes on my 1.1.3 before I upgrades to 2.0 so I'm just waiting for Apple to let it out of it's cage.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12