Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iPhone Apper!
10-25-2007, 01:34 PM #61
I keep getting the same "Oops" error. Is the site not working properly?
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM #62
Unfortunately, I don't know where those associations are stored on the iPhone.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM #63
FOR iPhone Apper USE FIREFOX,DO NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS,
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM #64
I'm a bit confused here. When I download my app, it gives me a *.app file instead of a *.app folder. I thought I was supposed to get a zip file that contained my *.app folder. I can't figure out how to do anything with this *.app file it gives me.
Update: I'm not sure why I'm the only one who's confused by a stuffit file carrying the extension .app, but when renamed to .sit I'm able to unzip it into the folder that it's supposed to be and everyone's happy.
One other question I have: Is there any way to modify my shortcut so that it doesn't open a new browser window on the phone?
Last edited by thinkfast; 11-12-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-14-2007, 06:35 AM #65
I finally got this working.
Had to set the proper permissions.
11-19-2007, 01:06 PM #66
11-19-2007, 01:51 PM #67
11-19-2007, 02:08 PM #68
Phone numbers work fine when put into the form tel://
I never use the web site to create these things. I simply copy the first one I got and change the relevant info (icon, appname, plist detail)
11-26-2007, 04:26 AM #69
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
I know this probably isnt a BeeJive app problem. But whenever I am on my Edge connection (Tzone), I cant access Beejive website. But when I connect to Wi-Fi it works perfectly. Whats the deal? Gives me an error:
"Description: 8189 is not an allowed port for Tunnel or SSL connections."
Is this because I have Tzones for internet?
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM #70
THANKS for adding ANY readme file!
I WROTE MY OWN! FOR YOU!
U dont know where to install?
U dont know y u got a blackscreen?
change the permissions of the 4 files to 775!
Yes! iphone supports transparent png icons!
Searchwords: Black Screen Blackscreen iphone Apper
Last edited by bensen; 12-03-2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-26-2007, 06:53 PM #71
It seems a lot of people are having problems using this. It's not hard to figure out.
- Firstly, install openSSH on your iPhone. You'll need it for way more than this anyway.
- Secondly, download WinSCP for your PC. This is what you'll use to connect to openSSH on your iPhone.
- Create your app on the iPhone Apper website
- Download the .zip file
- Unzip the file, and you'll find a folder called [ yourAPPname ].app (where [ yourAPPname ]. is whatever you called your app.)
- Connect to your iPhone using WinSCP
- Change to the /Applications folder
- Copy the entire [ yourAPPname ].app folder from your PC to the iPhone (remember, it goes in the /Applications folder on the iPhone.)
- In WinSCP, on the right-hand side (that's your iPhone), right-mouse click on [ yourAPPname ].app folder and select PROPERTIES
- When the Properties comes up, at the bottom you'll see PERMISSIONS
- Click the first 3 boxes on the first line, and the first and third boxes on the 2nd and 3rd lines.
- Check the box that says "Set group, owner and permissions recursively"
- Click OK
- Restart SpringBoard on your iPhone, and you're done.
Finally, one other thing. You can change the black launching screen that iPhone Apper creates; simply create a 320x240 image (or edit the one that came with the file iPhone Apper made for you), and it can say whatever you want it to. For example, I noticed a lot of people were asking for a BeeJive icon; I was too, and I made one myself. I think I did a good job on both the Springboard icon and the launching screen. I've attached the images so you can see for yourself, as well as the BeeJive.app file I made in case you want it on your iPhone. Just download the .zip file, and follow the steps above (skipping Step 3, of course, since it's already been made for you.)
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM #72
11-29-2007, 04:39 AM #73
I've been talking with BeeJive themselves. I've been told they ARE working on a native app, and are waiting on the iPhone developer kit (scheduled for Feb. release from Apple.)
They've also taken my XML file and modified it, adding a different icon and loading graphic, but don't want to publicly release it yet since they are trying to find a way to check if BeeJive is already open, and re-use that window (instead of opening a new window every time the icon on the SpringBoard is clicked.)