Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone Apper!

  1. #61
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 395 Times in 146 Posts

    I keep getting the same "Oops" error. Is the site not working properly?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by tdc View Post
    Instead of a internet address such as http: etc, is there an app that will support Base64 embedded data: as an URL?

    Is there an app similar to this that supports data: urls, as well as standard http?
    BUMP! I'm trying to do the same thing, so I can launch PasswordWallet directly. I'm wondering if this may be a file association issue, as I've noticed that these didn't open when double-clicked on the Mac Desktop either until I assigned them to Safari with "Always Open with". They show the extension .inetloc as opposed to a standard bookmark which is .webloc
    Unfortunately, I don't know where those associations are stored on the iPhone.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

  3. #63
    FOR iPhone Apper USE FIREFOX,DO NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS,

  4. #64
    I'm a bit confused here. When I download my app, it gives me a *.app file instead of a *.app folder. I thought I was supposed to get a zip file that contained my *.app folder. I can't figure out how to do anything with this *.app file it gives me.

    Update: I'm not sure why I'm the only one who's confused by a stuffit file carrying the extension .app, but when renamed to .sit I'm able to unzip it into the folder that it's supposed to be and everyone's happy.

    One other question I have: Is there any way to modify my shortcut so that it doesn't open a new browser window on the phone?
    Last edited by thinkfast; 11-12-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #65
    I finally got this working.

    Had to set the proper permissions.

    Nice!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    I finally got this working.

    Had to set the proper permissions.

    Nice!
    2 Questions:

    1. When using a phone number do I have to put http://tel: in from or just tel: ?

    2. What proper permissions must be set?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by blkdymond View Post
    2 Questions:

    1. When using a phone number do I have to put http://tel: in from or just tel: ?

    2. What proper permissions must be set?
    Dont make contacts with the apper online. Download Erica Sadun's app. Permissions must be 0755 for all the files...

  8. #68
    Phone numbers work fine when put into the form tel://

    I never use the web site to create these things. I simply copy the first one I got and change the relevant info (icon, appname, plist detail)

  9. #69
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
    I know this probably isnt a BeeJive app problem. But whenever I am on my Edge connection (Tzone), I cant access Beejive website. But when I connect to Wi-Fi it works perfectly. Whats the deal? Gives me an error:
    "Description: 8189 is not an allowed port for Tunnel or SSL connections."
    Is this because I have Tzones for internet?

  10. #70
    THANKS for adding ANY readme file!

    I WROTE MY OWN! FOR YOU!

    U dont know where to install?
    Applications/YourIconName/

    U dont know y u got a blackscreen?
    change the permissions of the 4 files to 775!

    Yes! iphone supports transparent png icons!

    Searchwords: Black Screen Blackscreen iphone Apper
    Last edited by bensen; 12-03-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #71
    iPhoneaholic HotStuff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    It seems a lot of people are having problems using this. It's not hard to figure out.

    1. Firstly, install openSSH on your iPhone. You'll need it for way more than this anyway.
    2. Secondly, download WinSCP for your PC. This is what you'll use to connect to openSSH on your iPhone.
    3. Create your app on the iPhone Apper website
    4. Download the .zip file
    5. Unzip the file, and you'll find a folder called [ yourAPPname ].app (where [ yourAPPname ]. is whatever you called your app.)
    6. Connect to your iPhone using WinSCP
    7. Change to the /Applications folder
    8. Copy the entire [ yourAPPname ].app folder from your PC to the iPhone (remember, it goes in the /Applications folder on the iPhone.)
    9. In WinSCP, on the right-hand side (that's your iPhone), right-mouse click on [ yourAPPname ].app folder and select PROPERTIES
    10. When the Properties comes up, at the bottom you'll see PERMISSIONS
    11. Click the first 3 boxes on the first line, and the first and third boxes on the 2nd and 3rd lines.
    12. Check the box that says "Set group, owner and permissions recursively"
    13. Click OK
    14. Restart SpringBoard on your iPhone, and you're done.


    Finally, one other thing. You can change the black launching screen that iPhone Apper creates; simply create a 320x240 image (or edit the one that came with the file iPhone Apper made for you), and it can say whatever you want it to. For example, I noticed a lot of people were asking for a BeeJive icon; I was too, and I made one myself. I think I did a good job on both the Springboard icon and the launching screen. I've attached the images so you can see for yourself, as well as the BeeJive.app file I made in case you want it on your iPhone. Just download the .zip file, and follow the steps above (skipping Step 3, of course, since it's already been made for you.)

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -default.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    It seems a lot of people are having problems using this. It's not hard to figure out.

    1. Firstly, install openSSH on your iPhone. You'll need it for way more than this anyway.
    2. Secondly, download WinSCP for your PC. This is what you'll use to connect to openSSH on your iPhone.
    3. Create your app on the iPhone Apper website
    4. Download the .zip file
    5. Unzip the file, and you'll find a folder called [ yourAPPname ].app (where [ yourAPPname ]. is whatever you called your app.)
    6. Connect to your iPhone using WinSCP
    7. Change to the /Applications folder
    8. Copy the entire [ yourAPPname ].app folder from your PC to the iPhone (remember, it goes in the /Applications folder on the iPhone.)
    9. In WinSCP, on the right-hand side (that's your iPhone), right-mouse click on [ yourAPPname ].app folder and select PROPERTIES
    10. When the Properties comes up, at the bottom you'll see PERMISSIONS
    11. Click the first 3 boxes on the first line, and the first and third boxes on the 2nd and 3rd lines.
    12. Check the box that says "Set group, owner and permissions recursively"
    13. Click OK
    14. Restart SpringBoard on your iPhone, and you're done.


    Finally, one other thing. You can change the black launching screen that iPhone Apper creates; simply create a 320x240 image (or edit the one that came with the file iPhone Apper made for you), and it can say whatever you want it to. For example, I noticed a lot of people were asking for a BeeJive icon; I was too, and I made one myself. I think I did a good job on both the Springboard icon and the launching screen. I've attached the images so you can see for yourself, as well as the BeeJive.app file I made in case you want it on your iPhone. Just download the .zip file, and follow the steps above (skipping Step 3, of course, since it's already been made for you.)

    Hi HotStuff2,

    Thanks! How is Beejive working for you, with added native icon on springboard?

  13. #73
    iPhoneaholic HotStuff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    Hi HotStuff2,

    Thanks! How is Beejive working for you, with added native icon on springboard?
    It works great, but the additon of an icon on the SpringBoard doesn't change anythingl it's just like typing in the URL or selecting a bookmark.

    I've been talking with BeeJive themselves. I've been told they ARE working on a native app, and are waiting on the iPhone developer kit (scheduled for Feb. release from Apple.)

    They've also taken my XML file and modified it, adding a different icon and loading graphic, but don't want to publicly release it yet since they are trying to find a way to check if BeeJive is already open, and re-use that window (instead of opening a new window every time the icon on the SpringBoard is clicked.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •