Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: BSD Subsystem

  1. #1
    Green Apple gimpymoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default BSD Subsystem
    I all ready have bsd subsystem 2.0 installed and now the installer shows an update for Bsd Subsystem 1.5 is there a way to remove that from the update icon since i all ready have 2.0 installed, i have all ready restarted the phone and the Installer app .This just showed up today for no reason that i know of .Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    I got a message to update installer and then install "to" bsd subsystems 2.0 "from" 2.0 today.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Swayside
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts

    can u give me the source bsd 2.0 is in? i seem to have 1.5

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gimpymoses View Post
    I all ready have bsd subsystem 2.0 installed and now the installer shows an update for Bsd Subsystem 1.5 is there a way to remove that from the update icon since i all ready have 2.0 installed, i have all ready restarted the phone and the Installer app .This just showed up today for no reason that i know of .Thanks for any help
    This problem occurs when programs of the same name are carried by two different sources. The only way to remove the update listing is to remove one of those sources. A bit annoying really.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Swayside
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    can u give me the source bsd 2.0 is in? i seem to have 1.5
    nvm im dumb..it wasn't installed...it was sitting there but not installed

  6. #6
    I removed the bigg boss source from installer and that solved the problem with it showing bsd 1.5 update.

    Jordan

  7. #7
    iPhoneaholic HotStuff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Not sure where I got it from before, but I saw the BSD Subsystem 2.0 from Nullriver, Inc., which is the main "official" source, so I went ahead and installed it. It's 6.6mb, rather large...Now I'm showing an update for "BSD Lite v2.0 v1.5" from Greg Meach, with a size of 917.8 KB (much, much smaller.) Don't need it, of course, since I have the "full" BSD Subsystem. I really wish installer had an option to "ignore" some updates, since I'd like to keep Greg Meach's repo, but I may have to get rif of it to remove that one. 'Course I have two others as well that I'm not updating.

    I also got yet ANOTHER update to the actual installer, and it's showing 3.0b10, from Nullriver. Says "The new AppTapp Installer, beta release." I don't see anything different from the previous update.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I also got yet ANOTHER update to the actual installer, and it's showing 3.0b10, from Nullriver. Says "The new AppTapp Installer, beta release." I don't see anything different from the previous update.
    If you didnt have any problems upgrading from b8 to b9, you shouldnt have any problems going from b9 to b10. I didnt...

  9. #9
    Green Apple gimpymoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    This problem occurs when programs of the same name are carried by two different sources. The only way to remove the update listing is to remove one of those sources. A bit annoying really.
    [/I looked and both Bsd Subsystem updates are both from Nullriver 2.0 and 1.5 which is the one that is showing new .I looked at my other sources and didn't see any other ones that had the same program Bsd subsystem or anything even close I'm i missing something or i'm i looking in the wrong place .The two are from App Tapp Offical and you can't even delete that one .

  10. #10
    What is new to the BSD update? Does it just make everything more stable?
    -Ben

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    What is new to the BSD update? Does it just make everything more stable?
    Who knows? Its a very reliable and useful app and you need it, so just upgrade to 2.0 ASAP

  12. #12
    I removed my BSD Lite package yesterday afternoon. Installer only refreshes every 24 hours. You should not see my package after today (or simply refresh your sources).


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •