Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCrossword

Default iCrossword
    I've just uploaded my latest project iCrossword to my repository. This is a native crossword puzzle client for the iphone which reads in the puz file format popular with online crossword puzzles from New York Times for example.... Here's a screenshot:

Thanks to armadillo for the SB icon...

Go to my website http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com for more info

Enjoy!

wow, awesome new game! great job!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

good-working app, clean, and what appears to be a great first crossword puzzle for the phone.
    now for the negs
    very tedious to move around to different screens all the time, and having to tap in each box to type a letter... having the entire questions list come up on the whole screen instead of just one (ie: only showing 15 across), not being able to see the whole puzzle answer (ie having to scroll around) too much work and touching on the screen IMO.
    I'll keep playing around a bit though

This looks like a great start - I'd love to have a crossword app with me wherever I go. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on the development of this one...

How come your apps never show up under recent packages?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Your apps are just awesome!. Any chance we could get crossword puzzle packs in the repo?. I know its still in development but just asking.

Great app, now if someone can come up with a word search puzzle app

Chris, iCrossword does not seem to be in your repo.xml

How do I download this?

Yeah !!! I second that, doesn't seem to be available for download :S

Quote Originally Posted by almudawi View Post
    Yeah !!! I second that, doesn't seem to be available for download :S

It's up there now!

Really good app, especially for the first release. Well polished.
    My suggestions are these:
    * when you complete a puzzle, it should congratulate you or something, and maybe mark the puzzle name in a different color.
    * don't show the file extension (.puz) in the puzzle selection menu.
    * a plug-in for the Internet. I haven't tested it, but apparently there is a download plugin for files in general already. If this technique could be adapted to download .puz files to the puzzle directory, it would be extremely cool.

Again, great app.
    JLA

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Great app so far. I wish I didn't suck so much at crossword puzzles though:-)
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

deadstick,

icrossword 0.2 will not save crossword puzzzles once i exit the app on a 1.1.4 iplus 2.0. is there a fix for this?

ira

Anyone looking for a decent source for free .puz files for the iCrossword program should check out http://www.chron.com/apps/games/xword/puzzles/ -- I think it's a Houston area newspaper or website. Their daily crossword in .puz format is hosted on that site. Great free source.

Download and copy them to /var/mobile/Library/iCrossword/puz/

Default crossword source code
    I'm new in the world of iphone developer i'd to like to learn in which way work icrossword o across software.
    Do you know if i could have source code or some example code of icrossword ?

I 've tried in internet but there is not really much about source code and nothing about icrossword, just some broken links

thanx in advance

gino

Default repo
    whats the repo url?
    is this an installer repo
    or cydia repo