+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voice recognition for iphone on the way

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Voicesignal have a new voice recognition ap for the iphone in the pipeline Look here: http://www.voicesignal.com/index.php
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Voice recognition for iphone on the way
    Voicesignal have a new voice recognition ap for the iphone in the pipeline
    Look here:
    http://www.voicesignal.com/index.php

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now that is pretty cool. Its only proof of concept, I don't think it'll be released until the SDK comes out, since its such a big company like Nuance. (Makers of Dragon NaturallySpeaking).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I may be wrong but this doesn't really look like a native application. Well it does in the meaning of the term; however, it looks to me as if it takes your voice, records it, plays it on their servers, and then sends back results. I'm not sure what the vTunes plays - maybe just a random song from the Artist named? Note that the vTunes does not have the phone or Wifi enabled so it has to all be done internal. The vSearch does have both Wifi and the phone enabled and the video displays "Querying Server" - so it's probably not done all on the phone.

Regardless it's an awesome app. Wonder how we will be able to download it or buy it for ourselves. They don't seem to have much information on the website other than they created it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Voice Dial

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, that just popped up in my Installer. Trying it out now. I really don't want to pay $30 for voice dialing, its a feature that I am perfectly happy living without.

Edit> Just crashed my phone.... rebooting now...... didn't cause any erasing crash, but it is kinda annoying. $30 to see my phone crash? I think I'll pass. Mic seems to be really quiet, too.

Edit2> Works in a quiet room, guessing it won't work in a noiser enviornment, since it doesn't work terribly well now. One problem I can see... the Contacts doesn't let you choose which number to call, I have multiple numbers per contact (i.e. home and cell). Also killed my battery! 40/30%-20% low battery warning very very quickly, like 5 minutes.
    Last edited by ksong12; 01-21-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Trying the voice dial app demo for iphone and so far it is impressive. Too bad they want so much money.
    If it were say 10$ now asa beta Id buy it but not knowing what will happen when the SDK comes and if it will kill the app, I am not shelling out 28$!!!!
    That said yo can use it for voice command to launch apps as well as call contacts.......

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sweet ***** app.... What I have been waiting for... miss my Microsoft Voice Command...
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks

I've been waiting for Apple to implement something like this but VoiceSignal would be SWEEEEET! I used their Symbian version on my Nokia 6682 and it was great. It ran me through a brief initial session of repeating words and phrases so it could attune itself to my vocal idiosyncrasies but after that there was no need to assign voice tags or anything. I could just speak. And it even let me specify which number in a contact's listing to call, for example -

"Call Nancy at Mobile"

- and it would dial my wife's cellphone. No specially-recorded voice tag needed. I could dial by number when I needed to call someone who wasn't in my contact list and I could control apps within reason (provided Nokia's firmware allowed that kind of access to the app in question).

Can you tell I LOVED this app? The lack of voice dialing - along with the crippled bluetooth functionality - has probably been my biggest complaint about the iphone. (yes, yes...copy/paste, searching of contacts and all that but, really, I can survive quite nicely without those if I need to).

Green Apple
    Thanks

dont see it in my installer for some reason....? what source is it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

would be good if we could use the voice commands from the springboard without having to open the app

but other then that it works great

EDIT: anyone bought this? what does the full version have that the demo doesnt?

amf
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it expires after a few uses. Mine had already expired with a window pop up informing you about it.

Thanks

nice, but I think $30 is WAY too much...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Going to give it a whirl.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did this thread get derailed? I thought it was supposed to be about VSearch and VTunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

when will the vSearch and vTunes be availible? i want them i'd pay for them too

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, maybe iTunes won't let them sell it for so much when the SDK comes out
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.