+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "BigBoss" Bookmarkets incl View Flash (via Installer)

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Mild Warning: Installing this from installer will likely wipe all of your Safari bookmarks from your Iphone/Touch. (Happened to me on IPot 1.1.2) Features the new "View Some Flash" Transmoginfy
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default "BigBoss" Bookmarkets incl View Flash (via Installer)
    Mild Warning: Installing this from installer will likely wipe all of your Safari bookmarks from your Iphone/Touch. (Happened to me on IPot 1.1.2)

Features the new "View Some Flash" Transmoginfy or whatever it's called. (Incidentally, what nutcase decided Trasmognify would be a good word to describe anything? I like "View Some Flash" much better :P)

Also, Tabs, Open in New Tab, and a Find in Page feature that highlights all endurances of the word within the page.

Everything seemed to work as expected except I have yet to find any Flash content I can watch. But I'm sure some will materialize as the main news on Modmyifone.com features mention of a similar bookmarklet to view "some Flash."

PS: If you value your bookmarks, sync them to Internet Exploder or Mac Safari using ITunes. Then Export them to a file. Now install BigBosses' Bookmarklets. Emit loud sigh that all your bookmarks are gone. Sync again. Emit louder sigh that all your bookmarks are now gone from your desktop web browser too except for BigBoss's marklets. Now import the file you smartly saved off, sync ITunes again. And you're good to go.

Thanks
    It seems like a lot of work for simple things...

I'll pass

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ehcropydoc
    Subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
    iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbroken w/Invisible Shield

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I was coming to in to post the exact same thing.

Wiped out my bookmarks (luckly my history was still there and I didn't have many bookmarks).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (01-14-2008)

Thanks

I heard of this before and had actually been trying to use it and view some flash but however ive been unsuccessful, but im def going to grab it thru installer source...Makes better sense......cant wait for the major updates for this

Green Apple
    Thanks

i like that open in new window feature!!! ah i waited for that soo loong time
    serch works perfectly and View Flash is always working for youtube videos on page but not much for other flash craps

altought i dont get that tabs thing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this safari plugins is awesome! loving the new window script. works like charm.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Added through Installer but don't notice anything different and it didn't erase my bookmarks. Maybe it didn't go in right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It didn't erase my bookmarks when i installed it... although what's the flag thing for? I don't get it...

Thanks

erased all my bookmarks

Thanks

After I sync'd my IE bookmarks back onto my iPhone and installed your bookmarklets, I unchecked the box to sync IE bookmarks, but just to be safe, how do you save book marks to a file, specifically in IE?

nvm, about the exporting. That process was actually pretty easy considering it is IE. Anyway, great app, thanks for makin it...
    Last edited by ajl917; 01-14-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Developer
    Thanks

I had this posted for about an hour, found that erase bookmarks issue and reposted it "fixed". Anyone install it later in the day?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks

Awww man finally,..i tried this out with myspace.com...and boom i was able to view flash media that was on my friends page...its lovely...loving the App, BigBoss is on the move

Thanks

I did... works fine and didn't erase bookmarks... but can you explain the flag thing? I think I missed something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I had this posted for about an hour, found that erase bookmarks issue and reposted it "fixed". Anyone install it later in the day?
    Yeah it didnt erase my bookmarks, I just exported them just incase though...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Am I missing something? Which source is this on? Where do I download this app?

Thanks

Installed it 21:30 EST and works fine. No erasing of my bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by thewierdone2000 View Post
    You have to have BigBoss' source entered into Installer (sleepers.net/iphonerepo). You should find it in the "Network" folder.

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 01-14-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

thewierdone2000 (01-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response!

Developer
    Thanks

I posted it on my repo at http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo. I want to get a small amount of testing done before I ask MMi to host it on a community source. If anyone installed this later in the day and lost their bookmarks, I'd like to work with them.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi BigBoss, I had the bookmarklets on my 1.1.2 (1.1.1 OTB) and worked great. I am now on 1.1.3, I installed them again from Installer but cannot find them in the bookmarks section of Safari anymore, so I cannot use them. I assume it has to do with the changes in 1.1.3. are you planning to update this to work properly with 1.1.3 also?

Thanx in advance.
    Locked 1.1.1 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.1 --> Upgraded to 1.1.2 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.2 --> Upgraded to 1.1.3 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.3 --> Upgraded to 1.1.4 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.4 with zIphone --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 2.0.2 with QuickPwn
    Network - Vodafone GR
    Call In/Out - Working!
    Youtube - Done!
    SMS/Edge/GPRS/Wi-Fi - Working!

Thanks

I just installed this, and though it did NOT erase my bookmarks, it also did not install any new ones? I have directories in my bookmarks if it makes a difference???

EDIT: just noticed the above post, I am also on 1.1.3 (v3) so its probably related to that Can you tell us what to add to Bookmarks.plist so we can add these?

EDIT: I just found and did this and its working, its not too hard, but a bit of work...
    http://soft-use.com/2008/01/26/bookm...tly-to-iphone/
    Last edited by IvanRaide; 02-08-2008 at 02:57 PM.