Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Best Video Recorder for the iPhone so far!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tamakin View Post
    You don't indicate whether or not your app has sound. Will your final product have sound?
    do not expect to much. and not to early ...

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    ... because people choose not to read what i say ...
    if there would be something worth reading ...
    Last edited by eyecandy; 01-22-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sounds like drunknbass's app is a fair way off being completed , applaud your honest answers, 'eg: sound question' though!

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    sounds like drunknbass's app is a fair way off being completed , applaud your honest answers, 'eg: sound question' though!
    isnt too far off, but like i said.. the sound issue really depends on the codec used and right now i dont have many to choose from.. the codec i was planning to use might not support audio. but that doesnt mean the app will never have audio. it also means i could use another codec by the time im ready to release the program.. things can change very rapidly so i dont want to say yes or no to anything unless im 100% sure, that way people wont hold me to my answer, like when i said i hoped to release it by the 15th, that somehow turned into an official release date and i got shitted on for not having it ready by then.. so now ill be alittle more catious about what i say so nothing can be taken out of context.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

Zal91 (02-03-2008)

nice program... hope they add sound recording option and small format
    Last edited by NARF; 01-22-2008 at 12:35 PM.

vaporware I gather and I think he wont be the first to have a finalized product out.

All I did was question his date as he said the 18th it would be out and now he said people are shitting on him.
    He has shown a less than pleasant attitude of late.
    Last edited by canadoc; 01-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.

drunknbass, just keep up the hard work. i appreciate it atleast. I dont understand how people can wait and not have an offical video app from apple but when someone is nice enough to work on one themselves, they get sh*ted on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to akim125 For This Useful Post:

is it possible to play the .vid files on my mac?

Is this app still avalible I downloaded the source but it its not there

Thumbs down Whole lotta noise for nuthin
    Congrats to both devs for making absolutely no movement towards a fully-formed app since their first effort.

Guess it didn't matter which side we all got behind...both were non-starters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Congrats to both devs for making absolutely no movement towards a fully-formed app since their first effort.

Guess it didn't matter which side we all got behind...both were non-starters.

agreed

Question Another false alarm...I hope not!
    UPDATE

Is this a "January 15th" situation all over again? Or could there actually be someone showing up this time? Straight from Drunknbass's site:

drunknbass Says:
    January 31, 2008 - 11:39pm

im hoping to have something major to add to this post sometime this weekend.

something major = either

"coming soon"

or

EDIT: better not say that, dont want people believing me and complaining to drunknbass because its not true

Thumbs down Consistency
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    UPDATE

Is this a "January 15th" situation all over again? Or could there actually be someone showing up this time? Straight from Drunknbass's site:

drunknbass Says:
    January 31, 2008 - 11:39pm

im hoping to have something major to add to this post sometime this weekend.
    False alarm...no movement whatsoever beyond more talk.

Wouldn't it be funny if Apple released a video recorder app in the next week, thus completely making Drunknbass's project a total waste of time?

i wish apple and/or drunknbass woulod release something..... these wack little 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 updates are pathetic.... wheres all the stuff promised???

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    i wish apple and/or drunknbass woulod release something..... these wack little 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 updates are pathetic.... wheres all the stuff promised???
    The difference between the two is that Apple never said they were releasing a video recorder...and DB did.

"Promised" is a pretty strong word and I don't believe that DB ever used it. The reason people are so worked up is because he's repeatedly set dates and then failed to meet them. If he'd ONLY said, "I'll release it when it's ready", there wouldn't be so much vitriol. But he always tags it with things like "on the 15th" and "this weekend", which just sets him up for failure and serves to make him look unreliable. It also undermines his credibility each time he sets a goal and fails to meet it.

Whatever...you know we're all going to buy it if it ends up being what we want it to be.

Very good point JWCrash.

I don't get why people are all worked up about. He's spending his time to make a FREE application.. We should be supporting him and offering any kind of help we can. We're a "family" here, and should be wanting to help.

I can understand DB not wanting to "hire" anymore help after being screwed over by someone already.

DB, if you need any help with graphics (something that can be done in Photoshop) don't hesitate to ask. Sadly, I don't know how to code, but have been trying to teach myself.

For now, there is nothing else we can do except wait. Whining and telling your mom that he hasn't released the app yet will do nothing except make people upset.

Just relax and wait for the release date.

i get alot of pressure to release a day or date range when itll be done so thats why i do.. the news now is most likely be joining up with a company and the simple app will grow into something much better.. still recording video, but thats just the tip of the iceberg.
    also this means that the app is going to be free, and will eventually have a full software team running it and the whole application and desktop/internet side of it. when the time is right and everything is set in stone i will post specifics on my site..

You guys are acting like he owes you this video recorder or something.

Hop off his back and let him finish.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koompi View Post
    You guys are acting like he owes you this video recorder or something.

Hop off his back and let him finish.
    and the people who donated?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast