+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwap?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
ive scoured the internet and to no avail... i cannot seem ti find a solution as to how to get iswap to work. if anyone has installed iswap and had
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iSwap?
    ive scoured the internet and to no avail... i cannot seem ti find a solution as to how to get iswap to work. if anyone has installed iswap and had it show the default.png for 15 seconds then kick u back to the home screen, and uve fixed it so it works, can u post that here so me and other people can get this working. so far ive done everything correctly, it just doesnt work...

Thanks

Im not sure how to fix ur problem cause i havent even gotten my DisplayOrder.plist. if i try to copy it to my desktop using WinSCP, and i open it its all wierd and not readable.. anyone no another way to get it?

Thanks

Did you chmod the contents of the iSwap.app folder 755? Also, do you make a Screen2.plist that's modified from your DisplayOrder.plist (hiding the apps you don't want to see)? Also, have you installed the binkit so that you have the binaries called by the app? You have to have:
    bash, ps, kill, grep, sed, mv installed for it to work. Also, if you've installed them make sure their permissions are set to execute.

-KennX

4. The Following User Says Thank You to princebrand For This Useful Post:

Cial (08-16-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i figured it out last ngiht, i didnt have the bin files chmoded (winscp) with the correct permissions, works great though...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    i figured it out last ngiht, i didnt have the bin files chmoded (winscp) with the correct permissions, works great though...
    what permissions might that be, I am still having troubles... i chmoded +x them all, but still a load for 15 secs and disappear

Green Apple
    Thanks

i coppied iswap to my applications folder (using winscp) then went to properties on the folder and set permissions to 0777, i did the same with the files in the iswap folder. i then made my displayorder.plist, and screen2.plist. then installed the iphone-binkit (i dont remember where i got it, but it hink its on here somewhere) then selected all the bin files i installed and set permissions the same as i did with the iswap files, with properties and 0777.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    i coppied iswap to my applications folder (using winscp) then went to properties on the folder and set permissions to 0777, i did the same with the files in the iswap folder. i then made my displayorder.plist, and screen2.plist. then installed the iphone-binkit (i dont remember where i got it, but it hink its on here somewhere) then selected all the bin files i installed and set permissions the same as i did with the iswap files, with properties and 0777.
    I use the terminal app to chmod +x all the finles in the iswap.app directory plus all the binaries needed to run from the 0.06 binaries kit, but still no go... is chmod +x the same as the 0777 permission? My router is down, which is why I am using the terminal app on the iphone to give permissions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i honestly do not know then... try this thread,
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2513, the author pmed it to me yesterday after i figured out my problem, so i dont know if it will work or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had this issue, and after doing the chgmod 755 still had problems. It turned out that the iSwap.sh script (inside of iSwap.app) was corrupt, it had ^M characters at the end of each line. I discovered this when I tried to run the shell script directly via Terminal, and noted the error that was thrown back.

After editing the file (using vi in an ssh session to the iPhone, damn that's cool...) and taking those extra characters out, the script worked fine, and very quickly.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    rettignick,
    Seems like you had the same type of problems that I was having with the iSwap install and thought maybe you could help with the remaining one problem that I am still having.

First, I tried everything to get the windows to swap for two days and just now, I decided to reinstall everything in the Archive file into the iSwap.app directory and now I can swap screens like it is suppose to.

But one problem.

On my normal DisplayOrder screen, I normally have three rows of four icons and the fourth row only has one icon. Then of course I have my lower icon bar with four icons.

In the DisplayOrder.plist, I put the iSwap and one App icon in the hidden icons (SPECIAL) listing area.

In the Screen2.plist, I put the iSwap and one App icon in the normal icons (viewable) listing area and put all of the 13 DisplayOrder.plist viewable icons in the hidden icons (SPECIAL) listing area.

Ok, the Screen2 works great.

But on my DisplayOrder normal runup screen, I see the iSwap as icon no. 14 (fourth row, second icon) and the additional app icon as icon no. 15 (fourth row, third icon).

How do I make it so that I only see the iSwap icon on the fourth row, fourth icon and the additional App icon does not show up on my normal DisplayOrder screen?

Any help would be appreciated from you or anyone else.

Thanks,
    Art

Thanks

One thing to keep in mind is that if you don't specify anything about a program in those plist files AND they have an icon.png they will show up automatically. So, my guess is that your mystery icon is showing up because although you've tried to specify it in both plist files you may have misspelled something from the CFBundleIdentifier string. That happened to me when I was testing iSwap. Something to check, at least.

-KennX

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when I originally got iSwap to work, since I did not modify my screen2.plist it worked fine except my NESapp and Terminal showed on both desktops. After I tried modifying it with this [http://seto.gni.ch/xmlconvert/] when I swap to other desktop all icons are gone including the dock icons, which then makes it impossible to swap back or do anything with the phone. After restoring twice because Ive had no luck editing these plists on my pc i was wondering if someone could make one for me. I understand its theme and app sensitive so... let me know if anyone is willing to help.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by princebrand View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that if you don't specify anything about a program in those plist files AND they have an icon.png they will show up automatically. So, my guess is that your mystery icon is showing up because although you've tried to specify it in both plist files you may have misspelled something from the CFBundleIdentifier string. That happened to me when I was testing iSwap. Something to check, at least.

-KennX
    princebrand,
    Thanks, that was the problem. I had the wrong identifier, not for the iSwap but for an application that I installed the day before that. After I corrected it, I was able to get the correct MainPage (DisplayOrder.plist) and the SecondPage (Screen2.plist).

I have gone some steps forward and now I have made five pages with a personally made Next Page icon on the MainPage,

Then on Pages 2, 3 and 4, I have Next and Previous Page icons.

The last Page (5), I have only the Previous icon.

I just took one of the App icons on the MainPage and moved it to each of the subsequent pages 3-5, hiding them on the MainPage and Subsequent pages as necessary.

It will just have to do for now but as probably many of you are already thinking and some are already programming, we need App Icons Pages that can be accessed (Next/Previous) with the swipe of your finger like all the other iPhone pages are (i.e. Photos, Mail, Phone Numbers....everything.).

Doing a Next/Previous Page which basically reboots the display to show the MainPage which has been replaced with the appropriate Page with icons is so 1970's.

I know the folks are Apple are smarter than that and are doing this on purpose so that we probably will have to BUY options.

I just need a procedure now to reflash the ROM so that I can get rid of that annoying APPLE logo and replace it with a LEMON...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abalfour View Post
    princebrand,
    Thanks, that was the problem. I had the wrong identifier, not for the iSwap but for an application that I installed the day before that. After I corrected it, I was able to get the correct MainPage (DisplayOrder.plist) and the SecondPage (Screen2.plist).

I have gone some steps forward and now I have made five pages with a personally made Next Page icon on the MainPage,

Then on Pages 2, 3 and 4, I have Next and Previous Page icons.

The last Page (5), I have only the Previous icon.

I just took one of the App icons on the MainPage and moved it to each of the subsequent pages 3-5, hiding them on the MainPage and Subsequent pages as necessary.

It will just have to do for now but as probably many of you are already thinking and some are already programming, we need App Icons Pages that can be accessed (Next/Previous) with the swipe of your finger like all the other iPhone pages are (i.e. Photos, Mail, Phone Numbers....everything.).

Doing a Next/Previous Page which basically reboots the display to show the MainPage which has been replaced with the appropriate Page with icons is so 1970's.

I know the folks are Apple are smarter than that and are doing this on purpose so that we probably will have to BUY options.

I just need a procedure now to reflash the ROM so that I can get rid of that annoying APPLE logo and replace it with a LEMON...
    My question is, how did you go about setting up multiple pages? Just creating Screen3.plist....Screen4.plist...and so on?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    My question is, how did you go about setting up multiple pages? Just creating Screen3.plist....Screen4.plist...and so on?
    The script currently at the heart of the iSwap app only handles two screens. It sounds like abalfour has made some new scripts to handle the Next and Previous functions that are allowing for additional screens.

KennX is working on a new (0.2) version that will allow for more screens, but I have no idea exactly what he has planned there.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys,
    SiLeNtKiLLa is basically correct in the assumption of the Screen3.plist...Screen4.plist...etc...

But, there are at least a few ways that it can be done...the best way using what kennx has developed here, is to use only one xxx.plist and one xxx.app directory and basically mv not only the screens but also the xxx.png and other files...it saves on space, for one...

But, at the end of the day...the kill feature, which puts the LemonPhone back to the Locked position is annoying, at best.

I am only trying to learn how the lower level stuff works for my own info.

I was waiting for kennx to come back with whatever it is, that is in the works for the next revision.

I still think, it would be better to have a "finger swipe" PAGING type of multiple icon screens. I have no idea if that is possible since I do not have the knowledge (YET) on how everything works on this Brick.

BTW...who is kennx and is that person on this modding members list?

I do not see that handle in this forum.

Hey guys,
    I have a question for any of you out there.

Is there any way that you can have a "Blank" icon place holder?

Anotherwords, like on the main DisplayOrder.plist, can you have three rows of icons and on the fourth row have BLANK-Icon-Icon-BLANK?

And the BLANKs do not activate any APP?

Can someone show me?
    Last edited by abalfour; 08-18-2007 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey all,

KennX is princebrand on this forum. My new version of iSwap will have unlimited number of screens. The app itself is ready but I'm trying to put together a 'package' that will be a little easier understood for users (theme, plist files, etc.) so that people who know more can mod away but those who are less inclined to do so will still have a base functionality.

-KennX (aka PrinceBrand )

BTW, I'm going to set up the v.2 release with 4 screens (though any number can be configured). I was thinking about categories like : Home, Games, Media, Utilities

Anyone have other/better thoughts... I've been awake nearly all weekend and NOT been at a computer to get anything done on this stuff so if you have ideas please let me know.
    Last edited by princebrand; 08-19-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    please have it update through the installer.app, that would rock my boat all week long.

Thanks

That would be great, but since its configuration depends on so many factors (apps installed, plist files, theme installed, etc.) I don't think it would be practical at this point. However, as I say the new version should be more plug-n-play as a base and hopefully I'll even have time to throw in some much needed how-to/documentation.

-KennX (aka PrinceBrand )

Sheesh! I keep posting and forgetting stuff I wanted to say... brain says "blue elf need sleep badly". Anyway, if there is anyone who would like to get the 'pre-release' iSwap v.2 with no real instructions/niceties... to give me feedback let me know. I'll make a d/l link available sometime tomorrow.

-KennX (still PrinceBrand though... )
    Last edited by princebrand; 08-19-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Pricebrand,
    I would like to see what you have so far. I have five pages now with the Previous and Next icons. Well, sort of, I actually have it where the Previous says Page1 and the Next says Page3, if on the second page...etc...etc...you get idea.

I have also made a PAGES icon on the Main Page (Page1), so that you can get a Page of Page Icons, so you don't have scroll through all of the pages to get to the higher pages, vice versa...

Let me ask you.

Is there any way that you can do a Screen Reload or Refresh after the MV Source/Destination copies. so that you don't have Unlock the DisplayOrder.plist each time. I'm just wondering if there is a Bin command or if it is even possivle to do anything lke that.