Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Showtime: New video recorder

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Showtime: New video recorder
    Current Features:

    • 320 x 627 resolution

    • 6 frames per second capture rate

    • 5 second record limit on unlicensed version, unlimited for licensed users.

    1.

    •Raw uncompressed file format


    Please be aware that video is not captured in any standard compressed video format at this stage. We are currently working to add a post-process option, to convert the uncompressed captured video into a form playable by most media players. Contact us if you’d like information on the uncompressed file format captured by ShowTime.


    Planned Features:

    • Higher capture frame rate.

    1.
    •Post process option to transcode to a standard video format.


    FAQ:

    How do I install ShowTime?

    Firstly at the moment you must have a jailbroken iPhone (just until Apple get that SDK out). There are plenty of tutorials around on how to jailbreak. Then simply add our repository to Installer.app:

    1.

    • Open Installer, tap “Sources” at the bottom right corner
    2.

    • Tap “Edit” at the top right corner
    3.

    • Tap “Add” at the top left corner
    4.

    • Enter “http://www.polarbearfarm.com/repo/” into the popup, and tap “OK”
    5.

    • Tap “Done” at the top right corner
    6.

    • Tap “Refresh” at the top left corner.


    Then ShowTime will appear in the “Multimedia” category.


    Where are the recorded videos stored?


    Videos are recorded to /var/root/Media/PBFVideo/ you can use SSH/SFTP to transfer videos on and off the iPhone.


    http://www.polarbearfarm.com/About_P...owTime%22.html

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kee440 For This Useful Post:

    brainfood (01-06-2008), yemenprince2004 (01-05-2008)

  3. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Looks great so far. With the 5 second limitation actually being more like 3 and a half seconds, its not very useful but I guess thats one way to encourage donations...Definitely work towards a higher frame capture rate, but looks good so far, keep up the good work.

  4. #3
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    cool just given it a quick go and its not bad.. right question for you i know it says unlimited for registered users, how long record time we talking here 5 mins 10 mins or we talking as much as time as our phone memory will allow??

    also how do we get our codes. they emailed too us or are they just unlocked as soon as we gone through paypal.

    also if i donate now will that mean ill have the unlocked version for ever update you bring out. sorry for all the questions.
    thanks

  5. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    cool just given it a quick go and its not bad.. right question for you i know it says unlimited for registered users, how long record time we talking here 5 mins 10 mins or we talking as much as time as our phone memory will allow??

    also how do we get our codes. they emailed too us or are they just unlocked as soon as we gone through paypal.

    also if i donate now will that mean ill have the unlocked version for ever update you bring out. sorry for all the questions.
    thanks
    I'm not affiliated with product, sorry.

    You should just contact the developers at [email protected]

  6. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone b-ballstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    I install it and its very nice.. You can save your videos .. Its only 5 seconds but they will improve it

  7. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    i couldnt wait so i donated lol.

    as soon as i donated i recieved a email with the product code, and i can conferm that it works 100%, i just did a 3 minutes video of my little boy chasing the family dog round room, love it. be awesome if it recorded sound too...

    thanks.

  8. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I've just checked file size with free version. With 5s iphone wasted 13MB so if we record 10'...more than 1GB for just record files???

  9. #8
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    iv just checked a 40 sec video i made and its 128mb glad im messing about with it and basically deleting the vids pretty much straight after. they might be big files at the mo as its in developement. they might sort it, but for now at least we can drag them off our phone and put onto the decktop of our pc too save space..

  10. #9
    iPhoneaholic jrentzke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    iv just checked a 40 sec video i made and its 128mb glad im messing about with it and basically deleting the vids pretty much straight after. they might be big files at the mo as its in developement. they might sort it, but for now at least we can drag them off our phone and put onto the decktop of our pc too save space..
    lol, just noticed the same - not shy on size!

    mine started stuttering a bit after 20 sec, and after 24 sec it crashed back to springboard. The file was there though, all 24 sec & 77.1 meg of it.
    Tried a second time, this time started stuttering at 30sec & froze for awhile at 36 sec before I stopped it - another 128m file.

    Otherwise, loving it!

  11. #10
    the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts

    Just So Everyone Knows, Lduncan / Polerbearfarm, Stole This App, Was On My Team Of Devs, And Did This Behind Our Backs. Dont Support Theifs Like This.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drunknbass For This Useful Post:

    DoerrFan (07-05-2008), iBlade (01-05-2008)

  13. #11
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    Just So Everyone Knows, Lduncan / Polerbearfarm, Stole This App, Was On My Team Of Devs, And Did This Behind Our Backs. Dont Support Theifs Like This.

    Thats pretty messed up. Ill wait for you to provide an update. Thanks for your work..

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    That sucks. Selling a product based on stolen code. Spread the word and support drunknbass. Keep your money away from polarbearfarm.

  15. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    I support drunknbass all the way. without drunknbass we would still be only able to take pics with our iPhones. I'm counting down to the 15. keep the great work coming
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  16. #14
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    Im waiting DRUNKNBASS.....ive been *cheated* on donations so ill wait and see yours then we'll talk.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-05-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

  17. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 111 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    Just So Everyone Knows, Lduncan / Polerbearfarm, Stole This App, Was On My Team Of Devs, And Did This Behind Our Backs. Dont Support Theifs Like This.

    This is insane. Lately all the app releases are pay-for or you get a ****** free version. Look, its great that everyone wants to cash-in on their work, but the work is sub par on a lot of these quick throw together so-called apps that don't work and are basically betas the community should test free and work towards a final full release thats stable. When did this sudden rush to throw s.hit out come to make a buck? I know theres hundreds of suckers on this forum willing to throw their or their parents money away, but I worked to make my own ROMs over and graphics when I was at xda-dev and everything we worked for was free and for the better of our devices. This crap is getting annoying. Apple should be letting us know when their MMS and Video will be out and for now I'm content on waiting for the free release thru them and forego all these crap apps people wanna charge for. DrunknBass worked hard to put this code out and these a.s.sho.les stole it? That's stuff we DON'T need in the developing community even though its a sad reality of it. I'm not supporting this app for my own reasons. Waste more money people. You obviously don't care.

  18. #16
    iPhoneaholic IvanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    347
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 122 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    This is insane. Lately all the app releases are pay-for or you get a ****** free version. Look, its great that everyone wants to cash-in on their work, but the work is sub par on a lot of these quick throw together so-called apps that don't work and are basically betas the community should test free and work towards a final full release thats stable. When did this sudden rush to throw s.hit out come to make a buck? I know theres hundreds of suckers on this forum willing to throw their or their parents money away, but I worked to make my own ROMs over and graphics when I was at xda-dev and everything we worked for was free and for the better of our devices. This crap is getting annoying. Apple should be letting us know when their MMS and Video will be out and for now I'm content on waiting for the free release thru them and forego all these crap apps people wanna charge for. DrunknBass worked hard to put this code out and these a.s.sho.les stole it? That's stuff we DON'T need in the developing community even though its a sad reality of it. I'm not supporting this app for my own reasons. Waste more money people. You obviously don't care.
    Word.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

  19. #17
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Word.
    i dont usually pay for apps but as it was only £5.21 i thought why not and im happy with it, but i do feel abit of a **** knowing i paid for something that has been stolen off you guys, if i had of known i wouldnt have got it. sorry guys.

  20. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Wow, I'd just like to clarify some facts:

    1. I've never seen ANY code from drunknbass. Nor been told how to grab video by him or anyone else.

    2. The method to capture video is not really out of the ordinary. There is enough info on idevdocs for anyone to piece it together with a bit of playing around. (There are other apps which actually capture stuff in a very similar way)

    3. I through some ideas out here on IRC, on some possible methods for some different parts. Like I have done for other things, and will continue to do.

    4. I don't work for anyone. I run my own iphone software company, and drunknbass has known that from the get go. If I put in some hard work to put something together, I think I should be able to release it, without people claiming it has been stolen.

    5. Nothing has been stolen. Just some LONG hours spent coding a program which has some reasonably challenging aspects.

    Apologies if that offends or upsets anyone.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to lduncan For This Useful Post:

    jrentzke (01-06-2008)

  22. #19
    the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts

    ldunca was on my TEAM 4 weeks ago. he was given PRIVATE information... period

    he is an outright thief.

  23. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    i dont usually pay for apps but as it was only £5.21 i thought why not and im happy with it, but i do feel abit of a **** knowing i paid for something that has been stolen off you guys, if i had of known i wouldnt have got it. sorry guys.

    i agree, i just seen all the posts right now, if i knew that it was a stolen app. or even an idea i wouldn't have bought but its too late for me i already paid for it but everyone else should stay away....
    SHAME ON polarbearfarm.com

    Support drunknbass all the way

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts