Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Showtime: New video recorder

Again, nothing has been stolen from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lduncan View Post
    Again, nothing has been stolen from anyone.
    He stole the code from here:

http://monsterandfriends.com/?q=node/67

no support from me.

We'll I know where the code for ShowTime came from, because I wrote every line of it.

1. I've never seen ANY code from drunknbass. Nor been told how to grab video by him or anyone else.

2. The method to capture video is not really out of the ordinary. There is enough info on idevdocs for anyone to piece it together with a bit of playing around. (There are other apps which actually capture stuff in a very similar way)

3. I through some ideas out there on IRC, on some possible methods for some different parts. Like I have done for other things, and will continue to do.

4. I don't work for anyone. I run my own iphone software company, and drunknbass has known that from the get go. If I put in some hard work to put something together, I think I should be able to release it, without people claiming it has been stolen.

5. Nothing has been stolen. Just some LONG hours spent coding a program which has some reasonably challenging aspects.

Apologies if that offends or upsets anyone.

I've not been privy to any private information from drunknbass, my name has just been sitting on his website, for what I thought was an acknowledgement of some help given on IRC (which is what it's for)... but obviously things have since have gone downhill.

Layton

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Im waiting DRUNKNBASS.....ive been *cheated* on donations so ill wait and see yours then we'll talk.
    You've been "*cheated*"?? What exactly does that mean???
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-05-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

Default Dead in the water
    Quote Originally Posted by lduncan View Post
    We'll I know where the code for ShowTime came from, because I wrote every line of it.

1. I've never seen ANY code from drunknbass. Nor been told how to grab video by him or anyone else.

2. The method to capture video is not really out of the ordinary. There is enough info on idevdocs for anyone to piece it together with a bit of playing around. (There are other apps which actually capture stuff in a very similar way)

3. I through some ideas out there on IRC, on some possible methods for some different parts. Like I have done for other things, and will continue to do.

4. I don't work for anyone. I run my own iphone software company, and drunknbass has known that from the get go. If I put in some hard work to put something together, I think I should be able to release it, without people claiming it has been stolen.

5. Nothing has been stolen. Just some LONG hours spent coding a program which has some reasonably challenging aspects.

Apologies if that offends or upsets anyone.

I've not been privy to any private information from drunknbass, my name has just been sitting on his website, for what I thought was an acknowledgement of some help given on IRC (which is what it's for)... but obviously things have since have gone downhill.

Layton
    Here's your problem: drunknbass has credibility here (and in the iPhone dev community at large). You do not.

And you're <b>selling</b> a half-baked version of the same app that drunknbass released to massive acclaim right before his announced second version...this reeks of opportunism. If you were releasing it as freeware, maybe we'd be more receptive and less skeptical about your motives . But you cannot expect people to get behind you after the revelations in this thread combined with your demands for payment. Just smells way too fishy.

Good luck...you're definitely going to need it.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 01-05-2008 at 08:51 PM.

All cleaned up!

Well it sounds like everyone is just jumping on the band wagon.

Drunknbass, maybe some proof instead of just accusations?
    And even better, release a better version and people will use yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Here's your problem: drunknbass has credibility here (and in the iPhone dev community at large). You do not.
    Well personally, I spend a lot of time helping out the community at large where I can, spending a lot of time on the major iphone uikit IRC channel, helping people with code, giving suggestions and pointers. And at the same time I also get help from others on there when I need it too. I'd like to think that PBF are creating applications which people find useful, and have been working on doing that ever since I received my iPhone.

And you're <b>selling</b> a half-baked version of the same app that drunknbass released to massive acclaim right before his announced second version...this reeks of opportunism.
    And that's great, drunknbass did some awesome work to release the first video recording application, he pioneered video recording on the iPhone. I'm not trying to take that away from him. But at the same time, i've not done anything but develop an application which records video and saves it to flash, which is quite different to drunknbass at this point. Every line of code in ShowTime was written by me from scratch, and I have not been privy to ANY sensitive information (public or private) on how drunknbass's application worked.

Layton

i told lduncan how i got video, which is an unorthedox way to do video, he was "trusted" and was supposed to be on the team contributing information to help futher my application. but instead he took my thoughts and methods and darkens thoughts and methods and chose to put them in his own package, and sell it as his own application.. there are irc logs and proof, he was added to my site 4 weeks ago as a team member,. really what else needs to be said.
    its not the fact i didnt write code for him to cut and paste, he was givin private information on a closed source app, and was trusted be be on a team to build the app, and this is not what happened.
    saying you own a software company and will release it yourself is a crock of sheit, because i also have a website with software, and im sure alot of people do at apple and other companies.. doesnt give you the right to steal the work of others and take credit.
    you should go back and say, "i am starting a software company, and will stab anyone in the back and steal what i need to, to succeed and be prosperous. "

plain and simple.. you are a thief.. dont try and bs anyone about it. its as clear as day light.
    Last edited by drunknbass; 01-05-2008 at 10:17 PM.

I support drunknbass

You know, when you are a member of a team (or a company) and you are privy to inside secrets, you can't just go out and create something based on those secrets. I've beta-tested for lots of software developers way back into old Palm Pilot days and I've had to sign NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) and agreements to not use information gleaned from the beta-testing for up to three years (an eternity in the PDA world).

I am thinking that this stinks to high heaven. No one has come out with video except Drunknbass. No one. Camera Pro sez they'll have it, but it's not out yet. And then this guy comes along and has done it. But he's been part of Drunknbass' team and rec'd a copy of a non-released version of the software?

Phew, that's just wrong.

Bad karma, dude.

Are you innocent? Okay, show me ONE other nicely done and released piece of iPhone software that you've made. Prove me wrong.

OneRing2Rule (supporting my man, Drunknbass, until proved otherwise...)
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Who cares about this stupid app? I'd rather get the ****** version for drunkenbass for free. This app is lame. And if you want money, BLO* me first!

I suport DrunknBass
    Support.A.New.JAILBREAK.Program.For.Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPete View Post
    I suport DrunknBass

I'm not taking sides but I have to admit that search is a very useful app foe the iPhone.

I am eagerly awaiting the best iPhone video solution!

i agree with j arthur this guys just wants money all these other developers when the iphone came out never said pay me they all put in a lot of hard work and sleepless nights to come out with great apps and software and never was it about money theres nothing wrong with asking for donations but this dude sound like a hossa thats a pig that cant fly straight and that aint right

it's okay you can stand under my umbrella

i couldn't agree more with this:

And you're <b>selling</b> a half-baked version of the same app that drunknbass released to massive acclaim right before his announced second version...this reeks of opportunism. If you were releasing it as freeware, maybe we'd be more receptive and less skeptical about your motives . But you cannot expect people to get behind you after the revelations in this thread combined with your demands for payment. Just smells way too fishy.

Good luck...you're definitely going to need it.

and also, i greatly disagreed with ronfin in another thread, but i think he really nailed this one on the head:

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    This is insane. Lately all the app releases are pay-for or you get a ****** free version. Look, its great that everyone wants to cash-in on their work, but the work is sub par on a lot of these quick throw together so-called apps that don't work and are basically betas the community should test free and work towards a final full release thats stable. When did this sudden rush to throw s.hit out come to make a buck? I know theres hundreds of suckers on this forum willing to throw their or their parents money away, but I worked to make my own ROMs over and graphics when I was at xda-dev and everything we worked for was free and for the better of our devices. This crap is getting annoying. Apple should be letting us know when their MMS and Video will be out and for now I'm content on waiting for the free release thru them and forego all these crap apps people wanna charge for. DrunknBass worked hard to put this code out and these a.s.sho.les stole it? That's stuff we DON'T need in the developing community even though its a sad reality of it. I'm not supporting this app for my own reasons. Waste more money people. You obviously don't care.
    i was totally ready to go donate at the start of this thread. i sure am glad i kept reading first. i'm standing by drunknbass, until someone exhibits some proof. drunknbass, can you post any of your IRC logs? or show us any other solid proof? the same goes for mr. shady business man also. you better show us some proof if you want us to pay for an app that will be free in a month... in the meantime, i know what greed can do to a person. its a classic case.

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Are you innocent? Okay, show me ONE other nicely done and released piece of iPhone software that you've made. Prove me wrong.
    Actually, that's precisely what makes me believe that lduncan is truly the author of his work! He's the author of Search, a proven, stable, and extremely useful iPhone app, which has been out for awhile now. Here's a link:

http://www.polarbearfarm.com/About_P...Search%22.html

On the other hand, while drunknbass clearly was the first to demonstrate video capture, he:

- never has publicly shown a version that can actually save or replay the video, nor a version with ANY kind of interface.

- the only other project that I've seen of his was complete vaporware. He's been collecting donations for MONTHS for this, and has never shown a single downloadable piece of software to prove it even exists! Check out these links for proof of that:

http://monsterandfriends.com/?q=node/54

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...?t=6980&page=5

I don't claim to know the inside story, but I think that everyone jumping to conclusions ought to take a deep breath and look at the actual facts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (01-06-2008)

I agree with the previous post. This guys app is legit. Some people need to do some research before assuming this app was stolen. And just because drunknbass is well known doesn't mean everything he says is true.
    Last edited by jrdan24; 01-06-2008 at 03:05 AM.

#1 lduncan was added to my "team" over 4 weeks ago.
    #2 you can see his comment about not having my IM and him talking about working on the app, http://www.monsterandfriends.com/?q=node/50&page=4
    #3 i have countless irc logs but if i pasted them you really have no reason to believe these logs are legit, eventho the logs were saved by another user and emailed to me.

its just ****** to get stabbed in the back for something so petty, if youre starting a softwre company, i dont think making enemies, stealing other peoples work, and going about business in this way would make people want to hire you... but maybe im living in topsy turvy world and morals and ethics dont mean squat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast