+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSIM already out on Installer

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Guys, just check my installer this morning and i found out this new application by makamaya... its iSIM; - you can copy one by one all your contacts to sim
    iPhone? More like MyPhone smokepsp32's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up iSIM already out on Installer
    Guys, just check my installer this morning and i found out this new application by makamaya...

its iSIM;
    - you can copy one by one all your contacts to sim
    - you can copy one by one all your contacts from sim
    - make calls from sim phonebook

this was nice...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iSIM = iSPY?
    Doe anyone know if this software still talks to their server like their other program CameraPRO? Cause if it does....no THANKS!
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sony311 View Post
    Doe anyone know if this software still talks to their server like their other program CameraPRO? Cause if it does....no THANKS!
    Hi Sony311,

Please don't spread misinformation. Neither this app nor CameraPro talks to any server (READ the thread in CameraPro OR the FAQ's in the "Help" section of CameraPro; the only time it connects to the internet is when you first buy, register, or access the "Help" page).

regards,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (01-04-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Great app. Works like stated, and has been a much needed help. Thanks. -fin

Thanks

Okay, I don't get it. I sync all of my contacts with my Mac. Why would I want to put them on the SIM? I must be missing some great utility here, since they are charging for this??? Just asking out of ignorance.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Hi Sony311,

Please don't spread misinformation. Neither this app nor CameraPro talks to any server (READ the thread in CameraPro OR the FAQ's in the "Help" section of CameraPro; the only time it connects to the internet is when you first buy, register, or access the "Help" page).

regards,
    e
    Where am I giving misinformation? You just stated what I was asking? :P So when it connects to the internet smart-pants....where do you think it connects to? It sure doesn't connect to Apple! Or maybe...

BTW ECHO...you know what? that's twice now that you've tried to belittle me in a forum when all I did was ask a question...You think you know it all? Please provide the FAQ link from the Developers site as well as the link in the forum that backs you up...Hell you must be a genius huh? Damn Easterner...Maple Leafs Suck! hahaha lol j/k

I am not talking about the SAVE animation, I am talking about the communications that the program makes to check to see if the program had been registered or not. I understand that it will check once, but my question is how do you know that it doesn't check other times? I can't remember which forum I read (hackint0sh perhaps) but someone did mention that the program does "ping" the server more than a few times....The reason I ask is because I would rather not have a program that will drain my battery just because it was programmed to check it's server RANDOMLY...get me now?
    Last edited by Sony311; 01-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Okay, I don't get it. I sync all of my contacts with my Mac. Why would I want to put them on the SIM? I must be missing some great utility here, since they are charging for this??? Just asking out of ignorance.
    all my contact info is on my sim. when i first put it in my iphone, there was no way to transfer from sim to iphone. i had to enter every contact manually on my iphone ( i have over 100 contacts ). this took a long time to do. with this handy little app, i can easily transfer all my contacts from my sim to my iphone in no time...sorry, i don't use mac or like itunes to sync...my sim contacts are different than my outlook contacts list....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Well, from using a Motorola Razr before my iPhone, I used to store all my contacts on my SIM to save space on the phone. That's the main reason someone would want to use iSIM (IMHO) since you can dial from the SIM card directly (registered version I believe only). Thus you save some room on your iPhone..PLUS, you can drop that SIM into any phone and voila instant contacts!

It's just another good way to backup those oh-so hard to ever get back if you ever lose them Names and numbers....

Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    all my contact info is on my sim. when i first put it in my iphone, there was no way to transfer from sim to iphone. i had to enter every contact manually on my iphone ( i have over 100 contacts ). this took a long time to do. with this handy little app, i can easily transfer all my contacts from my sim to my iphone in no time...sorry, i don't use mac or like itunes to sync...my sim contacts are different than my outlook contacts list....
    If you just wanted to move your contacts to your iPhone *ONLY* I would have suggested a free app called SIMPort. That's all it does....Imports FROM your SIM to your iPhone ONLY.....but hey if that's all you ever need to do, I say use it for sure (did I mention it's FREE? )...I was more curious about iSIM cause I like the idea that I can actually put ALL my contacts onto my SIM and even dial the numbers from there....Pretty cool feature for me since I have 3 Cellphones and sometimes I would rather use an older beatup phone when I am doing more perilous journeys! Just drop my SIM into another phone and all my contacts are there.
    Last edited by Sony311; 01-04-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

ahhhh i hate seeing people starting to commercially make and sell iphone apps

free pls.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

I vote for Simport. It's free. After all, for those using Windows, Outlook support is being worked on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    ahhhh i hate seeing people starting to commercially make and sell iphone apps

free pls.
    I'm playing devil's advocate here...half of me wants to see all apps free, too. The other half of me understands perfectly well why they're charging. It's iShareware 2008.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

is there any limit to the number of Contacts that can safely be stored on the SIM card using this app? By this, I mean will things get mucked up somehow if you have, say, 500 contacts? 700? 1000?