+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe for iPhone - Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, notes

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello all, As the news post says, we have just launched SyncJe for iPhone. Quick rundown: SyncJe for iPhone wirelessly synchronizes your iPhone Calendar, Contacts, and Notes with SyncML servers.
    Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone - Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, notes
    Hello all,

As the news post says, we have just launched SyncJe for iPhone.

Quick rundown:

SyncJe for iPhone wirelessly synchronizes your iPhone Calendar, Contacts, and Notes with SyncML servers.

What will SyncJe do for me?

Keep your information in sync between your iPhone and your desktop.

Keep an up to date backup of your information in case your iPhone is lost.

It has a 15 day free trial, and we are giving away free licenses until Jan 8.

Links:
    Free License Form

How to install using the installer app

Ok now that the background is out of the way... what do people who have tried it think?

Are there any feature suggestions/requests/demands?

We are working on a new GUI layout, you can take a look at it here. How does something like this look to people?

I am looking for feedback, suggestions, problems for discussion and help.

Is there any information that is missing? I am sure there is, but what? Guides for how to set up end to end syncing?

Any and all comments are appreciated...Thanks (and apologies if this is in the wrong forum, this one seemed to fit the best)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LouN For This Useful Post:

sbultez (01-06-2008)

Thanks

Pretty. You know with Erica's MiM, you can fix that Rogers logo.

Does the SyncML server run on the computer? Does it interface with iCal and Addressbook on the Mac?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it compatible with funambol ?

I tried these informations:
    URL: my.funambol.com/sync
    Username: <my funambol username>
    Password: <my funambol password>

Calendar Folder Name: cal

(informations taken from funambol website)

But it's stuck to "Authenticating"...

I hit the Sync button and the only thing I see is "info: Authenticating".

Does it support recurring events for calendar ?

Thanks

Thanks

Default What is SyncML and more....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Does the SyncML server run on the computer? Does it interface with iCal and Addressbook on the Mac?
    In a basic way, SyncML is a way of standardized way of transferring personal information across the internet. SyncML on wikipedia

Usually a syncml compatible server is a messaging server in an organization. For example, if you have one of Oracle's Calendar servers in your office, you can sync your mobile device with it using a SyncML compatible client on your mobile device or desktop.

There are also free online syncml server providers. These usually offer an online interface to manage your information, while allowing you to sync your mobile device or desktop client to it. In this, and most cases, you can think of the syncml server as the spot to store the personal information. There are many free providers of this service, some of the better ones are goosync and mobical.

The difficult part in all this is the clients. Building for a specific device can be tricky, so free ones are rare. In the case of the iPhone, ours is the first to do calendar, contacts, and notes. We also make clients for BlackBerry, Palm, and Outlook, among others.

So for the iPhone, what you would do is signup for the free license (even if you dont use it for a while, at least you will have it when you need it later). Then, signup for a free account at goosync.com or something, and begin syncing your google cal to your iphone. If you had Outlook as your desktop client, you also sync to that using SyncJe for Outlook, or some other client (there are free ones available for Outlook, depending on who you are trying to sync with).

Unfortunately right now, Nexthaus does not make a MacOS client, but what is nice about Apple is that we are going to be able to use basically the same code to make it work for the Mac... stay tuned. We just tested, and it works for the iPod Touch also (jailbroken of course). There are ways to sync with your mac currently, for ex. Spanningsync.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Havrest View Post
    Is it compatible with funambol ?

I tried these informations:
    URL: my.funambol.com/sync
    Username: <my funambol username>
    Password: <my funambol password>

Calendar Folder Name: cal

(informations taken from funambol website)

But it's stuck to "Authenticating"...

I hit the Sync button and the only thing I see is "info: Authenticating".

Does it support recurring events for calendar ?

Thanks
    Funambol is open source, and currently it does not always adhere to standards, so it takes some custom work to make it function. We will get to it, and for the immediate future I would recommend you try goosync or mobical as free alternatives.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone got a recommendation for a Notes sync medium (other than Outlook)?

Thanks

We have made a quickstart guide and updated the installation page.

Direct link: Quickstart Guide

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Anyone got a recommendation for a Notes sync medium (other than Outlook)?
    Not quite sure. If I find something I'll post..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    We have made a quickstart guide and updated the installation page.

Direct link: Quickstart Guide

Not quite sure. If I find something I'll post..
    Cool, appreciate it. I'll look too and post up here if I find something promising. Also updated my earlier post with your Quick Start URL ...

This one - http://www.o-sync.com/ - looked promising for notes, contacts, calendar all in one place, and free.
    I set it up and tried their manual setup in SyncJe, per their doc that advised as below, but no go - does not get past authenticating. I guess my next question would be can SyncJe be set to use different sources for its different information types? As in, Goosync works nice and takes care of Calendar. Funambol works for me for contacts sync. It would be nice to be able to config multpiple sources, or one source per Info type, and then keep all your OTA sync in one place.
    Anyway, here's the manual settings for O-Sync (tried with and without Port 80 being specified):
    Sync Profile Name
    O-Sync
    Host Address/Sync. Server
    http://sync.o-sync.com
    Port
    some devices do not have a port setting, you can put "http://sync.o-sync.com:80" at the Host Address/Sync. Server setting.
    User Name
    <your O-Sync ID>
    Password
    <your password>
    Contacts Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./contact
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Calendar Syncronisation Settings (for devices with combine event and task database, e.g. Nokia Series 60 device)
    Remote database
    ./calendar
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Event Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./event
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Task Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./task
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Notes Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./note
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    SMS Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./sms
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Bookmark Syncronisation Settings
    Remote database
    ./bookmark
    Syncronisation type
    Normal
    Connection Settings
    Server version
    Data bearer
    Internet
    Access Point
    <an internet access point you use for web access>
    Last edited by patrickj; 01-04-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any chance of getting this to sync with Plaxo for calendar, notes & contacts? This was the only SyncML address I could find in Google Groups for Plaxo, but can't get it work:
    https://capi.plaxo.com/axis/syncml/sync

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parterburn View Post
    any chance of getting this to sync with Plaxo for calendar, notes & contacts? This was the only SyncML address I could find in Google Groups for Plaxo, but can't get it work:
    https://capi.plaxo.com/axis/syncml/sync
    If it uses syncml it should work, I will check it out, haven't used plaxo to sync before.

To copy and paste from the other post:

Seems like people are fairly happy with SyncJe for iPhone itself, but need some guidence on how to setup end-to-end sync (iphone-server-computer). Maybe I can put together some guides/instructions on how to do that in various scenarios. Would that be helpful?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LouN For This Useful Post:

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- (01-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sure it would

Thanks

Thanks for this wonderful gesture!

I've installed it and configured (used settings I received in the email and sync address in the QuickStart PDF) but I don't get farther than

Info: Authenticating...

What could be wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been testing this with GooSync for a while and can't find the solution to one big problem:

When I create a new calendar item on my iPhone and sync, it shows up on Google calendar 1 hour early. If I create an event on Google calendar, it shows up on my iPhone an hour late.

The initial sync was done with about 50 items already in my iPhone synced from iTunes/iCal on my Mac and a few from iTunes/Outlook on my work computer. There was nothing on Google calendar. The items from my Mac made their way onto Google calendar just fine (and at the correct time), but none of the stuff from work was copied.

Any explanation for this behavior?

dss
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After a long time of testing, then i got it to work but it involved two syncML servers: goosync and scheduleworld.

This is why:

As Goosync cant sync with multiple devices (Clients) from the same account, and needs to have two account before this can be done

Iphone with Sync Je has problems with sync to

Scheduleworld, errors like showing same events multiple time and without titles etc.

Temporary solution untill its has been solved:

Iphone -> Sync Je -> GooSync -> Google Calendar

Google Calendar -> Scheduleworld -> Funabol Outlook Plugin -> Outlook

As above states then the google calendar will be the "glue" between these applications. I know its difficult, but as its for now this will be solution untill more updates on Sync Je is available or if GooSync make it possible to sync between more clients on the same account.

Find my solution here: http://www.sinnathamby.dk/wiki/index...er_med_Sync_Je

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BIG BUG HERE :

(but first, Thanks for that application, it's really awesome except from this bug)

be careful !

I have 2 calendars in Gcal

I am syncing 1 of these from iCal/Google Calendar/Plaxo to my iPhone via iTunes. (2 ways, works perfectly)
    I am syncing the other one 1 way, read only, from Gcal to iCal, and then to my iPhone via iTunes

I installed this app, set up a Goosync account.
    Problem is that the iPhone only has ONE calendar support (sortof)

PROBLEM : both my calendars were merged by Syncje, then synced back to my main Gcal via Goosync, then Plaxo synced it back to iCal ...

RESULT : 7 last days + 30 next days from my 2nd calendar were merged into my 1st calendar (these 5 weeks are a goosync limitation, luckily for me this time)

I don't know if Syncje can fix this or not, but to be safe i uninstalled it.

LouN, can you check this ?
    ie : have Syncje synchronise only the calendar user selects in options.

Thanks !
    Cheers,
    Sam
    Last edited by sbultez; 01-06-2008 at 06:44 AM.

dss
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LouN could you please make your program to work 100% with the scheduleworld (syncMl server), as GooSync seems to be the only one the Iphone works with for now? Or is it me who cant get it too work with ScheduleWorld, which supports more than just one device. This is not possible with GooSync unless you create two accounts. The new GUI seems awesome, cant wait to the next update and thanks for the free license.
    Last edited by dss; 01-06-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    Thanks for this wonderful gesture!

I've installed it and configured (used settings I received in the email and sync address in the QuickStart PDF) but I don't get farther than

Info: Authenticating...

What could be wrong?
    Not sure, trying with goosync? Make sure that you go online in your goosync account and select the iphone as your device.

Quote Originally Posted by lh99 View Post
    I've been testing this with GooSync for a while and can't find the solution to one big problem:

When I create a new calendar item on my iPhone and sync, it shows up on Google calendar 1 hour early. If I create an event on Google calendar, it shows up on my iPhone an hour late.

The initial sync was done with about 50 items already in my iPhone synced from iTunes/iCal on my Mac and a few from iTunes/Outlook on my work computer. There was nothing on Google calendar. The items from my Mac made their way onto Google calendar just fine (and at the correct time), but none of the stuff from work was copied.

Any explanation for this behavior?
    Not sure, someone else had this problem, which we could not replicate, and then it fixed itself for him. Can you provide a little more detail? Where are you located, which timezone is google cal using vs your iphone/touch?

Much appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by sbultez View Post
    BIG BUG HERE :

(but first, Thanks for that application, it's really awesome except from this bug)

be careful !

I have 2 calendars in Gcal

I am syncing 1 of these from iCal/Google Calendar/Plaxo to my iPhone via iTunes. (2 ways, works perfectly)
    I am syncing the other one 1 way, read only, from Gcal to iCal, and then to my iPhone via iTunes

I installed this app, set up a Goosync account.
    Problem is that the iPhone only has ONE calendar support (sortof)

PROBLEM : both my calendars were merged by Syncje, then synced back to my main Gcal via Goosync, then Plaxo synced it back to iCal ...

RESULT : 7 last days + 30 next days from my 2nd calendar were merged into my 1st calendar (these 5 weeks are a goosync limitation, luckily for me this time)

I don't know if Syncje can fix this or not, but to be safe i uninstalled it.

LouN, can you check this ?
    ie : have Syncje synchronise only the calendar user selects in options.

Thanks !
    Cheers,
    Sam
    Will look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by dss View Post
    LouN could you please make your program to work 100% with the scheduleworld (syncMl server), as GooSync seems to be the only one the Iphone works with for now? Or is it me who cant get it too work with ScheduleWorld, which supports more than just one device. This is not possible with GooSync unless you create two accounts. The new GUI seems awesome, cant wait to the next update and thanks for the free license.
    We are trying to make it work with all SyncML servers. Not everyone implements SyncML the same way, or strictly adheres to the standard. Funambol (the server scheduleworld is using) is an open source intiative, and may have its own "quirks" that we have to account for. Our first priority right now is Mobical, as we have already started investigating the issues there.

I already thanked you in the other thread, but thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Cool, appreciate it. I'll look too and post up here if I find something promising. Also updated my earlier post with your Quick Start URL ...

This one - http://www.o-sync.com/ - looked promising for notes, contacts, calendar all in one place, and free.
    I set it up and tried their manual setup in SyncJe, per their doc that advised as below, but no go - does not get past authenticating. I guess my next question would be can SyncJe be set to use different sources for its different information types? As in, Goosync works nice and takes care of Calendar. Funambol works for me for contacts sync. It would be nice to be able to config multpiple sources, or one source per Info type, and then keep all your OTA sync in one place.
    Not sure if I replied to this already....

The biggest challenge here would be that most people would find it too difficult to try and accomplish this. Bear with us, we will get it sorted out. Once we do you should only have to use one server (or maybe have goosync with your iphone, and mobical with desktop, to get the best of both worlds.)
    Last edited by LouN; 01-07-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Not sure if I replied to this already....

The biggest challenge here would be that most people would find it too difficult to try and accomplish this. Bear with us, we will get it sorted out. Once we do you should only have to use one server (or maybe have goosync with your iphone, and mobical with desktop, to get the best of both worlds.)
    OK, thanks for all the help - I just think it would be sweet to have just one app on the iPhone to manage OTA sync of calendars and contacts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone know of an alternative for goosync's premium features? Mainly the contact syncing and syncing with multiple google calendars?

Also, bonus points if it supports notes too...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great app

I will love to see sinc over edge
    Last edited by arielv; 01-08-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

Nice application, I use it to sync my calendar with goosync.
    The configuration was easy and it worked the first time.

Even though there is a small /bug/, it didn't sync my recurrent events in my google calendar.

The probleme is that I don't know if it is goosync that did not send the reccurent events or if it is SyncJE that doesn't handle those kind of events.

Do you have any clue?

Did anybody had the same problem that I have?

As a side note, do you forseen syncing with multiple calendar?
    (even if the other calendars are read-only)

Thanks for your time

Benjamin

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast