+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe for iPhone - Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, notes

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Heres the response i got from Goosync about the 1hr time difference when i sync from the ipod to GCal quote: "I've checked the sync logs and they show that
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Heres the response i got from Goosync about the 1hr time difference when i sync from the ipod to GCal

quote:
    "I've checked the sync logs and they show that your device is sending the time incorrectly during the sync process.

Your device did not convert the time of the event into UTC before it was sent to GooSync (it also failed to take into consideration any DST settings)".

going from GCal to the Ipod is ok, its just one way and it only seems to have started since i updated to 1.0.3 so hoepfully the developers will see this and have some ideas

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone, wireless sync with SyncML servers
    Sorry for my lack of response lately, I've been having a tougher than normal time with the forum loading....

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Is anyone else getting Goosync errors since updating to firmware 1.1.3 - my settings are same as they were before (that always worked) - but since 113 update, it goes from'Authenticating' as status, straight to 'Alert command was not accepted'.
    Usually alert command not accepted is due to a folder being incorrect. You may be able to narrow it down by switching all but one sync item off until you see which one is causing it. That being said, if you had it working before, I am not sure why the firmware upgrade would cause an issue all of a sudden.

I have had reports of it working fine with 1.1.3, but I do not recall the servers used, so goosync may not be one of them.

Will look into it...

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    this app was workin fine for me, but since i installed the latest update im getting that 1hour time difference thing happening. events that i add on the ipod show up 1 hour later in GCal and vice versa. Both GCAl and the Ipod are set on the same time zone. any ideas?

Edited: actually its only one way. things i add on GCal show up on the Ipod correctly. Its the stuff i add on teh Ipod that show up an hour later on Google. oh, and the sync jkeeps telling me its receiving about 3 events when i only put 1 in there

Edited Again: and im still on 1.1.2 firmware
    You get around marko heh... I am not ignoring you, can you do me a favor and stick to one thread, it is quite confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    As of now, SyncJe DOES NOT work on a Jailbroken 1.1.3 (via Dev Release method). Their (Nexthaus's) site claims functionality with all versions 1.0+. No stated functionality issues with 1.1.3 mentioned on their site, so end user is to assume it will work.

Symptoms: Installation of the application works, but when you try in execute the application, it will open then immediately close. I've tried uninstallating, restarting, (3 times) all with the same resolve.

Previous to the 1.1.3/Jailbroken update.. I also had some little issues of which I sent Nexthaus, and have yet to get a response. I believe somewhere during the change of ownership that occurred within Nexthaus, their Customer Service has fallen down the drain. The Online Customer support is absolutely useless, and very slow. Their phone customer service is below par, rude, impatient support "techs".. This is not only a support issue for the iPhone, it has been for the BlackBerry SyncJe also...

One of the bugs I had (when using SyncJe on 1.1.2 jailbroken) was that after a successful sync between the oracle server and the iphone, and successful population of the iPhones calendar there is no way to sync the iPhones calendar with Mac's iCal. Nexthaus claims that your able too, but it just isnt the case. For some reason (whether is be iTunes or iCal) the calendar entries created on the iPhone are not recognizable by iTunes or iCal, thus the calendar does not sync to your desktop.

Along with the above issue, things like attendees of events do not show up in the events sync to the iPhone.

All of the above bugs, I've sent to Nexthaus, and have received nothing beside the automated response.

Help is appreciated for a application your now charging for!

Sull
    The 1.1.3 jailbreak is days old, and folks have had success with SyncJe on it. I have not seen other reports of instant crashing when attempting to run the app. I will look into it though, and any information you could provide that would help me in replicating your issue is appreciated. I may not reply in detail to every single issue reported here, but they are all investigated.

I'm sorry to hear about your customer service experience. If you can PM me with all of your issues, I will look into them. The iPhone and jailbreaking technology can be pretty bleeding edge, which makes it hard for the support folks to keep up to date with their training. I am helping them, and posting here, because we realize this, and are making every effort to support all of our customers as best as we can. We are working through issues as quickly as possible, and releasing updates almost weekly. All that being said, not receiving any sort of response from support is unacceptable, and I can assure you, not the norm.

We offer fully functional, 15 day trials with all of our SyncJe applications. I encourage you, and everyone else, to try out the app for the 15 day trial before paying for it. What is one person's minor annoyance, could be another's dealbreaker. If you are not happy with the app, or it does not meet your needs, it will not cost you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dss View Post
    Hi Loun, Nice to see some updates. But I was hoping for some fix for scheduleworld SyncMl server, as this is the best so far for me with sync from Outlook free with funambol client. If i try to run your program on Iphone, its says that its initiating slow connection, sent 4 calendar events, and then a status command 27 that it cant find. In the same time i receive a standard mail from scheduleworld that possible reasons for the sync faillure could be wrong URI, but i have tried scal and cal, and the one i have most luck with is cal as this send 4 events. The other 2 options that the email suggest is: 1) You are over your Google quota limit. Google has set a small limit to the number of items you may syncin one day. If you exeed this limit all add/update/remove operationsfor your Google account will fail. Google has been asked repeatedlyto increase this limit but Google has (as far as I know as ofSept 30, 2006) refused to increase the limit. 2) You are using the Funambol encryption option. This is not currently supported.

Can you verify one of these problems in your program? Thanks in advance, for the hard work.
    We are aware of the issue. Please ignore the email, none of those are the cause. We are working on it....

Thanks to everyone for their patience...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LouN View Post
    Usually alert command not accepted is due to a folder being incorrect. You may be able to narrow it down by switching all but one sync item off until you see which one is causing it. That being said, if you had it working before, I am not sure why the firmware upgrade would cause an issue all of a sudden.

I have had reports of it working fine with 1.1.3, but I do not recall the servers used, so goosync may not be one of them.

Will look into it...

Thanks Lou - I saw earlier comments of yours mentioning the folder spelling and reinstall stuff. I am only syncing one folder - Calendar - so I have checked and double-checked spelling, and all other folders are off. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with no change in the 'alert command' error thus far. Appreciate your further thoughts when you have looked into it.

Thanks

Sorry Lou, was just trying to get max exposure cos i use this app so much. is here the best place to post?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Lou,

I truly appreciate your response and I feel most my frustration is most likely beyond your control, and stems from the BlackBerry/SyncJe and lack of support. Either way, I'll will forward along in PM a list off issues that I'm experiencing. Again I do appreciate the response and by no mean was my statement above directed toward you.

Regards,
    Sull

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I also get 'Alert command was not accepted' and configuration is ok because i use previously without problem.

System: 1.1.2 otb with goosync account.

And I have a license and I get license number invalid, contact support.

I think that all this is related with software restore. I did a restore because i tried 1.1.3 and regret it and restore back to 1.1.2

I send an email to support but i dind't receive any replu in the last 5 days.

Thank you
    Last edited by hormigo; 02-01-2008 at 02:06 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lou,

Quick question, same issues as the above, it seems that everytime the unit is restored the registration license locks out. With the frequency of Apples updates, will you all be looking other types of device registrations? As of now, everytime we restore, we have to email nexthaus support and have the license reset.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to fix this problem (the "Alert Command Not Accepted" problem), you need to remove your iPhone as your device in GooSync and then add it back again. I had the same problem and that was how I solved it.

to fix the license # problem, you need to email [email protected] with your license name and license number and ask them to reset it for you.
    Last edited by newrazr; 01-31-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated info & doublepost

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone, wireless sync of calendar, contacts, and notes with SyncML servers
    Quote Originally Posted by newrazr View Post
    to fix this problem (the "Alert Command Not Accepted" problem), you need to remove your iPhone as your device in GooSync and then add it back again. I had the same problem and that was how I solved it.

to fix the license # problem, you need to email [email protected] with your license name and license number and ask them to reset it for you.
    I haven't had a chance to confirm the goosync solution, but I suspect that it is accurate.

Email [email protected] for the reset, info goes to a wider distribution list who does not necessarily need to see the email.

Lou,

Quick question, same issues as the above, it seems that everytime the unit is restored the registration license locks out. With the frequency of Apples updates, will you all be looking other types of device registrations? As of now, everytime we restore, we have to email nexthaus support and have the license reset.

Thanks!
    I know that it is a pain right now. It is tough for us to plan a good solution for it while we are dealing with jailbreaks. Once apple nails down the sdk, the upgrade process will be standardized and documented, so we will be able to better plan for it.

Hi Lou,

I truly appreciate your response and I feel most my frustration is most likely beyond your control, and stems from the BlackBerry/SyncJe and lack of support. Either way, I'll will forward along in PM a list off issues that I'm experiencing. Again I do appreciate the response and by no mean was my statement above directed toward you.

Regards,
    Sull
    No worries, I don't take it personally.

Thanks for the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    Sorry Lou, was just trying to get max exposure cos i use this app so much. is here the best place to post?
    Sure you can post here. One thread is easier to reply to than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by hormigo View Post
    I also get 'Alert command was not accepted' and configuration is ok because i use previously without problem.

System: 1.1.2 otb with goosync account.

And I have a license and I get license number invalid, contact support.

I think that all this is related with software restore. I did a restore because i tried 1.1.3 and regret it and restore back to 1.1.2

I send an email to support but i dind't receive any replu in the last 5 days.

Loun, if you red this please contact me at hormigo(AT)hostea.com

Thank you
    Please check above for the solutions....

Thanks Lou - I saw earlier comments of yours mentioning the folder spelling and reinstall stuff. I am only syncing one folder - Calendar - so I have checked and double-checked spelling, and all other folders are off. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with no change in the 'alert command' error thus far. Appreciate your further thoughts when you have looked into it.
    Can you please try the suggested solution above?

Thanks

appreciate the updates Lou. ill stick to just this one post then. looking forward to getting my hour back! if its a problem with the updated version i dont suppose theres anyway to go back down to the original?

thanks

Thanks

You can try mobical.net, it does cal/contacts/notes, but not with google. We are working with them on current known bugz.
    I went there and saw that they offer basically as same service as zyb.com offers. As I'm with zyb.com for quite some time, and as they offer a wider range of supported devices I decided not to create mobical.net account, but instead try to sync my iPhone with zyb.com.

They have a HOWTO for manual entering of settings for every phone (in case that the configurational SMS fails) and there I saw what's the server address, and that folders are "calendar" and "contacts", but when I try syncing through SyncJE, I don't pass authenticating...the same you said happens for some other site you tested.

Does it means that you people at NH should cooperate with every single site of this kind in order to have SyncJE working with them? It would be a pain in the neck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Using SyncJE with 1.1.3
    Recently upgraded to 1.1.3, but after I installed SyncJE, now it just opens and immediately closes without any error given. On another site, I saw Lou had said that it should work with 1.1.3 so I thought it may have to do with permissions so I went through and used chmod 775 on Info.plist and SyncJE application and folder. This didn't help either. The only thing I can think is maybe it still "knows" my phone and that I've used it before and the license is not there anymore since the upgrade of firmware?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm running 1.1.3 (Nates method).
    Running SyncJe alng with Goosync and sync'ing bothe contacts and calendar.
    Calendar syncs fine. Contacts sync, but I have a problem with the resulting sync. Phone numbers in the contacs are not recognized by the Caller ID feature of the phone.
    i.e. I'll get a phone call and it will display the number only, even though its a number in my contact book.
    My solution to resolve this was to resync via iTunes with the option to override existing iphone contacts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can you please try the suggested solution above?
    Yup, that works - cool ...

Thanks

noone else getting that 1 hour time thing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Did you find a solution for this yet?? I'm on the same boat I'm almost thinking about going back to 1.2

I give up SyncJe/Nexthaus is a waste of time, regardless of their lame postings. Stay away from that app.
    Last edited by apples2apples; 02-04-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone post a 'working' notes sync solution for SyncJE?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem as well. SyncJe opens and closes on 1.1.3 fw. Upgrade to 1.1.3 was done through installer (Dev Team). SyncJe was installed AFTER the upgrade. Contacted SyncJe's tech support about this problem and they asked me to reset bunch of things but that didn't fix it either...oh, well!

Thanks

Default wireless iphone sync
    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    I went there and saw that they offer basically as same service as zyb.com offers. As I'm with zyb.com for quite some time, and as they offer a wider range of supported devices I decided not to create mobical.net account, but instead try to sync my iPhone with zyb.com.

They have a HOWTO for manual entering of settings for every phone (in case that the configurational SMS fails) and there I saw what's the server address, and that folders are "calendar" and "contacts", but when I try syncing through SyncJE, I don't pass authenticating...the same you said happens for some other site you tested.

Does it means that you people at NH should cooperate with every single site of this kind in order to have SyncJE working with them? It would be a pain in the neck
    In an ideal world, when someone says they have a "SyncML Server" it should work perfectly with every "SyncML Client." Unfortunately that is not always the case. We have looked at the case of zyb, and it looks like there are some problems with the way they have their server setup. We could code in a workaround, but then, it's not really syncml anymore, and if they do decide to fix it (which they will, eventually), our workaround no longer works.

As an FYI as to why someone would purposely deviate from the standard... It could be with the best of intentions in mind. For example, some email programs do not meet the RFC for email, which all mail clients are supposed to follow. An example is that some will try to "cheat" to speed up the user experience by requesting from the mailserver multiple queries at the same time, instead of issuing one, waiting for a response, then issuing another. Then again, it could also be that they are incompletely following the standard Think of your browsers also, you would think that it's all just webpages, the browser shouldn't matter, but as anyone who has done some site development can attest to, IE and FF can show a very different page if you aren't careful to account for both.

I would give mobical a shot, as far as I know, the only current issue with them is that notes partially sync (one or two lines).

Quote Originally Posted by gwarf420 View Post
    Recently upgraded to 1.1.3, but after I installed SyncJE, now it just opens and immediately closes without any error given. On another site, I saw Lou had said that it should work with 1.1.3 so I thought it may have to do with permissions so I went through and used chmod 775 on Info.plist and SyncJE application and folder. This didn't help either. The only thing I can think is maybe it still "knows" my phone and that I've used it before and the license is not there anymore since the upgrade of firmware?
    It seems to depend on which of the upgrade methods you used to get to 1.1.3. We are looking at why and if it is something we are doing wrong, fix it. Kwan below used Nates method, which may work for you if you downgrade then upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    I'm running 1.1.3 (Nates method).
    Running SyncJe alng with Goosync and sync'ing bothe contacts and calendar.
    Calendar syncs fine. Contacts sync, but I have a problem with the resulting sync. Phone numbers in the contacs are not recognized by the Caller ID feature of the phone.
    i.e. I'll get a phone call and it will display the number only, even though its a number in my contact book.
    My solution to resolve this was to resync via iTunes with the option to override existing iphone contacts.
    Odd. Do the contacts appear in your address book any differently than those from iTunes? Will look into this regardless.

Yup, that works - cool ...
    Good to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by apples2apples View Post
    Did you find a solution for this yet?? I'm on the same boat I'm almost thinking about going back to 1.2

I give up SyncJe/Nexthaus is a waste of time, regardless of their lame postings. Stay away from that app.
    Nates app seems to work when upgrading for 1.1.3, if you are considering downgrading and attempting an upgrade again.

We try to make it work for everyone. Sorry to see you go, hopefully you will try us again in a few months.
    Last edited by LouN; 02-05-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Updaded with info RE deviation from standards....

Thanks

Lou, appreciate the updates. any news on the time difference problem?

thanks

Marko