+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SyncJe for iPhone - Wireless sync of contacts, calendar, notes

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by thewierdone2000 Anyone know of an alternative for goosync's premium features? Mainly the contact syncing and syncing with multiple google calendars? Also, bonus points if it supports notes
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thewierdone2000 View Post
    Anyone know of an alternative for goosync's premium features? Mainly the contact syncing and syncing with multiple google calendars?

Also, bonus points if it supports notes too...
    There are some, but right now we are still having some problems. We are working with the developers at several of them directly, and hope to have it sorted out early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bbeirnaert View Post
    Hello,

Nice application, I use it to sync my calendar with goosync.
    The configuration was easy and it worked the first time.

Even though there is a small /bug/, it didn't sync my recurrent events in my google calendar.

The probleme is that I don't know if it is goosync that did not send the reccurent events or if it is SyncJE that doesn't handle those kind of events.

Do you have any clue?

Did anybody had the same problem that I have?

As a side note, do you forseen syncing with multiple calendar?
    (even if the other calendars are read-only)

Thanks for your time

Benjamin
    Have you tried upgrading to the latest version? Fixed some bugz in it.

SyncML does not account for multiple calendars, it is not really anything to do with SyncJe for iPhone. There is nothing within the framework to let you specify which calendar you are syncing... it just syncs all "events" it can see. It may be possible in a future version of the SyncML framework.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excelent, I've just upgrade syncje and now recursive event are synced.

Thanks a lots for this application, it is pretty nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    i've installed funambol and synced with outlook. Trying to sync with my iPhone doesn't works. Is there aother (free) product I can use right now to sync both iPhone and Outlook with Contacts, Calendar and Notes ?

Thanks

Thanks

I've created Goosync account, connected it to Google account, updated SyncJe to a newest version (didn't work with the old vrsion either) and this is now the error I get.

Any help?

What does "Alert command was not accepted" mean? Running 1.1.1, if it matters

Thanks

Default SyncJe for iPhone, wireless iPhone sync of contacts, calendar, notes
    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    I've created Goosync account, connected it to Google account, updated SyncJe to a newest version (didn't work with the old vrsion either) and this is now the error I get.

Any help?

What does "Alert command was not accepted" mean? Running 1.1.1, if it matters

Please confirm that you have typed the folder names correctly. Some servers may be case sensitive.

Thanks

My mistake. I overlooked that there is no service on Goosync for syncing Contacts and Notes..last night I read instructions on Nexthaus site and saw the remark regarding Goosync. Also, set calendar folder to "Calendar".

Works now Thanks LouN.

One thing is funny...if there is no folder path set but the syncing is set to On, the app crashes.

Is there any other free service that will allow syncing Contacts and Notes?

hal
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed and used SyncJe (latest version), with Goosync perfectly for a week or so, but then when I cleared the calendar on my Mac so that I could just use the SyncJe sync, it stopped working altogether.

What happens is that it "authenticates", then "initiating 2 way sync", confirms "0" sent, then when it says "syncing server --->client" it crashes back to the home screen, whereas previously it would receive lots of entries.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to force a resync? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Help please!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Has anyone successfully sync'ed contacts via goosync. I upgraded to premium in order to do this without success

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

this is a great app. if something could be done about the google contacts too that would be fantastic

(note, am currently using the 15day free trial but will then register. does the full version do contacts?)

Thanks

Default iPhone sync calendar, contacts, and notes
    Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    this is a great app. if something could be done about the google contacts too that would be fantastic

(note, am currently using the 15day free trial but will then register. does the full version do contacts?)
    My understanding of syncing google contacts is that it works only one way, from google to you. If someone could confirm or correct me on this that would be great. Right now google does give the ability to sync calendars fairly easily, but contacts "sync" has to be done in a more roundabout way, which results in it being only one way.

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    Has anyone successfully sync'ed contacts via goosync. I upgraded to premium in order to do this without success
    Please see above. If you are having problems syncing from google to iphone, can you give a little more detail on what your are seeing, any errors?

Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    My mistake. I overlooked that there is no service on Goosync for syncing Contacts and Notes..last night I read instructions on Nexthaus site and saw the remark regarding Goosync. Also, set calendar folder to "Calendar".

Works now Thanks LouN.

One thing is funny...if there is no folder path set but the syncing is set to On, the app crashes.

Is there any other free service that will allow syncing Contacts and Notes?
    Crashing is bad, will check it out.

You can try mobical.net, it does cal/contacts/notes, but not with google. We are working with them on current known bugz.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LouN For This Useful Post:

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- (02-02-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here's my setup:
    Goosync premium account, setup for iphone calendar and contacts.
    SyncJe settings- Contacts on; Folder name: Contacts; Calendar on; Folder name: Calendar

I get this error on SynJe
    Server did not accept sync for this folder

On the goosync side, I get this:
    01/24/2008 7:09:26 AM 7:09:56 AM Success Calendar: Two way sync.
    Contacts: Slow sync.
    Sync completed.

However my new contacts from google are not on my iphone.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there a way to make goosync work on the iPod touch? It says I need SMS which I don't have on the touch.

Thanks

Thumbs up SyncJe for iPhone, wireless sync
    SyncJe for iPhone 1.0.3 is LIVE

We have just released an update to SyncJe for iPhone.

Version 1.0.3 includes many bugfixes, and greatly increases compatibility with popular free SyncML servers.

Version 1.0.3 Change Log:
    - Lots of bugfixes
    - UI improvements
    - Improved compatibility with Goosync, Mobical, Scheduleworld, and others...

Upgrading is highly recommended, and free. The installer app should notify you within 24 hours that there is an update available.

There have been some site updates also:

- A new FAQ
    - For those installing for the first time, visit the Installation Page
    - A Quickstart Guide is also available in PDF format. This guide includes configuration settings for a free SyncML server. Other options include Mobical, and Scheduleworld.

If you have comments, questions, suggestions, please reply.

We are still hard at work on bugs, autosync, and more... stay tuned...

---------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    Is there a way to make goosync work on the iPod touch? It says I need SMS which I don't have on the touch.
    It should work the same way as for the iPhone. I had my touch setup with goosync earlier. You don't need SMS, just make sure to set your device in goosync to be the iPhone and use the settings provided.

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    Here's my setup:
    Goosync premium account, setup for iphone calendar and contacts.
    SyncJe settings- Contacts on; Folder name: Contacts; Calendar on; Folder name: Calendar

I get this error on SynJe
    Server did not accept sync for this folder

On the goosync side, I get this:
    01/24/2008 7:09:26 AM 7:09:56 AM Success Calendar: Two way sync.
    Contacts: Slow sync.
    Sync completed.

However my new contacts from google are not on my iphone.

Thanks
    I was playing with this earlier, their contacts syncing seems to be unreliable. I'm not sure how much we can do about it, but we are looking at it...
    Last edited by LouN; 01-24-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dss
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Loun, Nice to see some updates. But I was hoping for some fix for scheduleworld SyncMl server, as this is the best so far for me with sync from Outlook free with funambol client. If i try to run your program on Iphone, its says that its initiating slow connection, sent 4 calendar events, and then a status command 27 that it cant find. In the same time i receive a standard mail from scheduleworld that possible reasons for the sync faillure could be wrong URI, but i have tried scal and cal, and the one i have most luck with is cal as this send 4 events. The other 2 options that the email suggest is: 1) You are over your Google quota limit. Google has set a small limit to the number of items you may syncin one day. If you exeed this limit all add/update/remove operationsfor your Google account will fail. Google has been asked repeatedlyto increase this limit but Google has (as far as I know as ofSept 30, 2006) refused to increase the limit. 2) You are using the Funambol encryption option. This is not currently supported.

Can you verify one of these problems in your program? Thanks in advance, for the hard work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    yeah it works on the touch. just follow the same installation instructions from the FAQ and installation guide in the above post

Thanks

Is anyone else getting Goosync errors since updating to firmware 1.1.3 - my settings are same as they were before (that always worked) - but since 113 update, it goes from'Authenticating' as status, straight to 'Alert command was not accepted'.

Thanks

this app was workin fine for me, but since i installed the latest update im getting that 1hour time difference thing happening. events that i add on the ipod show up 1 hour later in GCal and vice versa. Both GCAl and the Ipod are set on the same time zone. any ideas?

Edited: actually its only one way. things i add on GCal show up on the Ipod correctly. Its the stuff i add on teh Ipod that show up an hour later on Google. oh, and the sync jkeeps telling me its receiving about 3 events when i only put 1 in there

Edited Again: and im still on 1.1.2 firmware
    Last edited by marko111; 01-29-2008 at 01:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    Is anyone else getting Goosync errors since updating to firmware 1.1.3 - my settings are same as they were before (that always worked) - but since 113 update, it goes from'Authenticating' as status, straight to 'Alert command was not accepted'.
    They just fixed (like 2 minutes ago) this problem with an update at GooSync. I believe the problem had to do with not recognizing the 1.1.3 iPhone as an actual iPhone because it had a different IEM code. I would encourage you to hit "Sync" again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As of now, SyncJe DOES NOT work on a Jailbroken 1.1.3 (via Dev Release method). Their (Nexthaus's) site claims functionality with all versions 1.0+. No stated functionality issues with 1.1.3 mentioned on their site, so end user is to assume it will work.

Symptoms: Installation of the application works, but when you try in execute the application, it will open then immediately close. I've tried uninstallating, restarting, (3 times) all with the same resolve.

Previous to the 1.1.3/Jailbroken update.. I also had some little issues of which I sent Nexthaus, and have yet to get a response. I believe somewhere during the change of ownership that occurred within Nexthaus, their Customer Service has fallen down the drain. The Online Customer support is absolutely useless, and very slow. Their phone customer service is below par, rude, impatient support "techs".. This is not only a support issue for the iPhone, it has been for the BlackBerry SyncJe also...

One of the bugs I had (when using SyncJe on 1.1.2 jailbroken) was that after a successful sync between the oracle server and the iphone, and successful population of the iPhones calendar there is no way to sync the iPhones calendar with Mac's iCal. Nexthaus claims that your able too, but it just isnt the case. For some reason (whether is be iTunes or iCal) the calendar entries created on the iPhone are not recognizable by iTunes or iCal, thus the calendar does not sync to your desktop.

Along with the above issue, things like attendees of events do not show up in the events sync to the iPhone.

All of the above bugs, I've sent to Nexthaus, and have received nothing beside the automated response.

Help is appreciated for a application your now charging for!

Sull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parterburn View Post
    They just fixed (like 2 minutes ago) this problem with an update at GooSync. I believe the problem had to do with not recognizing the 1.1.3 iPhone as an actual iPhone because it had a different IEM code. I would encourage you to hit "Sync" again.
    Hmmm, just tried a few times now and get the same error still, on a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone ...