+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP] Converter.app - Units Converter for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi Vladimir, Thanks for the update with new units and for the "Back" (Converter) button on the units page as requested. The only problem is that you have Converter.app to
    Thanks

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the update with new units and for the "Back" (Converter) button on the units page as requested. The only problem is that you have Converter.app to automatically go to the units page once the you have chosen what measurement category (volume, speed, etc.) so the Back/Converter button doesn't really work as once you go back, it automatically takes you back into the units page instead of staying on the main page.

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the update with new units and for the "Back" (Converter) button on the units page as requested. The only problem is that you have Converter.app to automatically go to the units page once the you have chosen what measurement category (volume, speed, etc.) so the Back/Converter button doesn't really work as once you go back, it automatically takes you back into the units page instead of staying on the main page.

cheers,
    e
    Thanks for your comments!
    The issue was fixed in v0.16
    Last edited by vladimirk; 01-07-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello,

I feel like a retard, but I can't seem to get this app to launch. I've checked my permissions, all set to 755, even the files within the app. It doesn't load when i launch either from mobilefinder or springboard. I also tried reinstalling v0.15 and checked the permissions as well, but I get the converter startup screen (with the logo in the middle) and nothing. Can someone please advise? Mahalo!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    vladimirk: This is a really nice app and beautifully presented to the user. Unfortunately, as I already discussed in the request thread, I find it very tedious to use converters like this. It requires way too many taps for a simply calculation. Then I saw someone posting this URL:

http://meatarian.co.uk/iphone/iconvert/

That is exactly how I would like to see it done. Please take a look at that implementation. It's not a nice app, but the concept is right. With your skills, you could easily make a screen with two colums, add the cool icons you have and have a killer converter unit.

Dude this is the best converter ever. The native app should just be this exactly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy2007 View Post
    Hello,

I feel like a retard, but I can't seem to get this app to launch. I've checked my permissions, all set to 755, even the files within the app. It doesn't load when i launch either from mobilefinder or springboard. I also tried reinstalling v0.15 and checked the permissions as well, but I get the converter startup screen (with the logo in the middle) and nothing. Can someone please advise? Mahalo!
    Did you tried to install manually or through Install.app?
    Other than wrong permissions I don't really know what can cause it... There were ~900 downloads of v0.16, and yours is the only install issue I'm aware of...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dear Vladimir,

Apps looking awesome now with the new changes, really excellent.

Would it be possible to add money conversion too? I have the Stocks Application set up to get the exchange rates over Edge/Wifi from the yahoo site so that could be incorporated in this programme. Is that possible? Would make it a killer app (not that it isnt already) IMHO.

Thanks once again for a most useful app for the iphone. Absolutely LOVE it.

Cheers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its great, but wheres the money converter? ;D

Thanks

The new update is very good, thank you.
    It's just getting more & more useful by the day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great application. Any chance of Cubic Yards, Cubic Feet &Cubic Inches added to Volume?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks
    thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Great application. Any chance of Cubic Yards, Cubic Feet &Cubic Inches added to Volume?
    Sure, I just added it. Will be available in the next release

Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    Dear Vladimir,

Apps looking awesome now with the new changes, really excellent.

Would it be possible to add money conversion too? I have the Stocks Application set up to get the exchange rates over Edge/Wifi from the yahoo site so that could be incorporated in this programme. Is that possible? Would make it a killer app (not that it isnt already) IMHO.

Thanks once again for a most useful app for the iphone. Absolutely LOVE it.

Cheers.
    I really want to add currency conversion - but for that I need to use some 3rd party webservice for getting the data... - and I'm not sure I can do it for free.
    Currently I'm checking some options, hopefully I'll come up with some solution. If you have any recommendations regarding the 3rd party providers - let me know
    Last edited by vladimirk; 01-08-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Usefull App

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirk View Post
    Sure, I just added it. Will be available in the next release

I really want to add currency conversion - but for that I need to use some 3rd party webservice for getting the data... - and I'm not sure I can do it for free.
    Currently I'm checking some options, hopefully I'll come up with some solution. If you have any recommendations regarding the 3rd party providers - let me know

Great and thanks, will keep a look out for 3rd party providers. But is it possible to use the stock application? Cause what I do for the latest currency conversion is as under, in the Stock application:

Add say, for conversion from USD to INR, I add, USDINR=X and that fetches the latest rate, similarly for Euro to INR, its EURINR=X

Can this possibly be used for the conversion data?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Developer
    Thanks

This is a really great app. We are looking this sort of stuff up on the web all the time. Having a native app that does the math for you, quickly is fantastic.

I'm not sure if it has been requested or not, but I think it would be really useful to be able to tap the 2nd column and have the conversion switch. For example, I select length, I select Miles, I select Kilometers. Now I'm converting Miles to KM. I type in 1 mile and see 1.6KM or whatever. I now wonder how many miles 1KM is, I would like to tap the KM and type a new number in and have the miles show.. without having to start all over. Hope it makes sense or is something you want to do
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I believe that if you press the little logo in between the two rows of "from" and "to" it reverses the fields and gives you the answer you're looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    Great and thanks, will keep a look out for 3rd party providers. But is it possible to use the stock application? Cause what I do for the latest currency conversion is as under, in the Stock application:

Add say, for conversion from USD to INR, I add, USDINR=X and that fetches the latest rate, similarly for Euro to INR, its EURINR=X

Can this possibly be used for the conversion data?

Thanks.

Cheers.
    I understand what you mean. The stock application is using yahoo webservice (or alike) behind the scenes. There're two issues with that:
    1. I'm not sure I'm allowed to use it without their official permission
    2. The values can be retrieved one by one only, while I would prefer to get the data for all the currencies in one shot (after all I want to save all the data, so I could use it later when disconnected).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, congratulation for that very useful app,
    about the currency converter feature, what about, in the first time, releasing a version with hard-coded values of rates, which should be pretty easy and giving you some time to find a webservice to update those rates (i don't have any clue right now, but i'm pretty sure you can find something free for that)

Thanks

Hi Vladimir,

I'm not sure if this is helpful or its what you are looking for, but have you checked the "Tools" drop down menu at xe.com (Currency converter)? They are a free web-based forex (I use xe.com for all my forex info needs). Some of the tools listed are:

- Current and Historical Rate tables
    - Email currency update service
    - currency charts
    - currency data feeds service (A professional-grade foreign exchange rate data service available in a variety of formats (including XML) and designed for commercial use in accounting systems, custom software, e-commerce sites, and more.)
    - lots more tools and features.

The best thing about it is that its free.

best,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 01-08-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

gaz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not sure if someone has pointed this out before, but the number pad on the converter is organised a bit odd...

1-2-3 is on the last row, while 7-8-9 is topmost.

This is different from how we are kinda used to. Also, if the 0 is on the last row on the right, and backspace and clear on the top, this would be more conventional.

I'm not sure how the rest feel, or is there an easy way to fix this by myself.

Thank you for your great app!

Thanks

The zero is in a funny place, but the other digits are standard calculator format.

Look at the iPhone calculator.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage