Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [APP] Converter.app - Units Converter for iPhone

Great app and many many thanks for this, was waiting for this one. Few things though:

As pointed out, kg to pounds needs to be corrected
    As pointed out, is it possible for this app to work more like the http://meatarian.co.uk/iphone/iconvert/ (Iconvert) application in that, is it possible to have all fields showing the conversion on one page, for instance, if go to Temperature, can we not see all the different types, like:

Celsius
    Kelvin
    Farenheight
    Rankine

all with input boxes next to them, on tapping which, the keyboard comes up

and one would then only have to input in one of the input boxes to see the converted values in all others. That would make it easier to use.

All in all though, a lovely app. Thanks.

Cheers.

GREAT! Thanks for your so useful apps! Can you re-structure it to support internationalize?

that is one great app!!! Thanks x 1,000,000,000
    ui is very nice a little bit of tweeks and it is the best app ever.
    Thank you for your work, i will donate.

Here's a totally unofficial update for the app. The changes I made are:

Weight, corrected pound conversion
    1 kg = 2.204623 lbs

added Time category (thanks to Z00L, I didn't do this one, just added his):
    days
    hours
    milliseconds
    minutes
    months (30 days)
    months (avg)
    seconds
    weeks
    years

Volume:
    gallons (Imp)
    gallons (US)
    cup
    fluid ounce
    pint (US)
    tablespoon (US)
    teaspoon (US)

Length:
    league
    nautical mile
    rod

and corrected some minor errors in the labels.

I also changed the icon, which I'm sure some of you will hate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

cosmoLV (01-05-2008), IvanB (01-05-2008), ral67 (01-05-2008)

Awesome work!

I suggest you add a Money Conversion category in your next update, that would be really useful!

I'll try to answer all the questions in one post:
    1. I hope to make the releases once in 2 days or less
    2. I'll be constatnly adding new measures/units
    3. iConvert-style interface would be hopefully available in the next releases as optional UI (but it seems like a lot of work, so I don't know when that will happen...).
    4. DaveiPhone: I'll incorporate your additions/changes in the next release (hmm, not sure about the icon...); thanks for that
    5. The application is actually structured to be internationalized. When I'll finish with the main features (and measures/units), I'll translate it to Hebrew/Russian. For other translations I'll need community help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vladimirk For This Useful Post:

cosmoLV (01-05-2008)

thanks! Amazing work

Quote Originally Posted by eyallevi9 View Post
    that is one great app!!! Thanks x 1,000,000,000
    ui is very nice a little bit of tweeks and it is the best app ever.
    Thank you for your work, i will donate.
    Thanks
    Interesting statistics: I've posted the first version about 4 days ago, since then there were over 1700 downloads (and still counting). That's cool, it means that it is useful app... But, there was one single $3 donation So next time I guess I'll need to find another business model

Man, if you can swing the iConvert mode, you'd be a hero!!! Please do. You're app is really polished and with that addition, it would be the ultimate converter. Thanks so much for listening to your users.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirk View Post
    5. The application is actually structured to be internationalized. When I'll finish with the main features (and measures/units), I'll translate it to Hebrew/Russian. For other translations I'll need community help
    i can Help with Latvian Language - just give me the text PM me and thanks for app
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

great App !

how about adding a category for money conversion ?

You could start off with manual exchange rate setting and maybe letter get exchange rates from fxconverter or some other place

Also a table for converting clothing sizes like US vs. European sizes would be usefull

Any maybe a QuickConvert button that jumps to your most commonly used conversion (via settings)

keep up the good work

hi vladimirk,

i don't know if this would be a feasible request but would it be possible to keep the app's name on the springboard as "Converter"? this is only due to the fact that "VKConverter" has too many letters making it appear abbreviated into "VKCo...ter" on the springboard/dock. maybe you can simply put the name VKConverter on the app's splash screen as well as the header/title bar on its main screen.

since by doing so it would prevent any abbreviations, it would make it look cleaner as well as give you credit as it's developer IMHO. thanks a ton for this awesome app!

Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    hi vladimirk,

i don't know if this would be a feasible request but would it be possible to keep the app's name on the springboard as "Converter"? this is only due to the fact that "VKConverter" has too many letters making it appear abbreviated into "VKCo...ter" on the springboard/dock. maybe you can simply put the name VKConverter on the app's splash screen as well as the header/title bar on its main screen.

since by doing so it would prevent any abbreviations, it would make it look cleaner as well as give you credit as it's developer IMHO. thanks a ton for this awesome app!
    I don't care that much about my initials being part of the app name (I would rather prefer donations...). I just wanted to avoid possible name collisions - not sure how Installer.app handles it...
    All, do you know another application named Converter.app? Or I can safely capture that name?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vladimirk For This Useful Post:

manwayvan (01-05-2008)

Thanks

... this is only due to the fact that "VKConverter" has too many letters making it appear abbreviated into "VKCo...ter" on the springboard/dock.
    Funny, mine does not show up abbreviated. I get the full name displayed. I'm not using any custom SMB or Customise.app. The only thing I've done to my SB is to edit the .plist so I get the Touch Dock.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

All, do you know another application named Converter.app? Or I can safely capture that name?
    so far you have been the only one that was able to successfully release a converter app. i browse through several forums and yours has been the only one. and with the exposure MMi & Hackint0sh alone get amongst others, if there ever was one that came before you, it surely would have surfaced by now.

oh, and all good developers deserve all the credit they can get. money aside, you definitely deserve the recognition as well.

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Funny, mine does not show up abbreviated. I get the full name displayed. I'm not using any custom SMB or Customise.app. The only thing I've done to my SB is to edit the .plist so I get the Touch Dock.
    hmmm...that's strange. coz i also dont use any theme app at all and modify all icons manually. i put VKConverter on my dock and it spells "VKCo...ter". oh well...still a great app!
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 01-05-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I would rather prefer donations...
    Just done. Please keep up the good work.

One requests when you get a chance, please add cooking units in your volume section (cups, tablespoon, teaspoon, etc.) along with some imperial units (quart, pint, etc.)

thanks,
    e

hmmm...that's strange. coz i also dont use any theme app at all and modify all icons manually. i put VKConverter on my dock and it spells "VKCo...ter". oh well...still a great app!
    Herein lies the confusion, I don't have mine in the Dock, but just the SB. Does yours show up abbreviated in the SB?
    Last edited by echo; 01-05-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

LOL, just tested it out. moved VKConverter to SB area and yet it still is abbreviated. it's no biggie though, i just have to get used to it.

Another amazingly useful piece of software. Just awesome!

Default You Da Shitz
    This app is awsome. I love the GUI and the ease of use. A+ work. I wish I could do something like this.. Hell I have problems trying to install the tool chain. haha cant wait for the sdk. I was wondering if there could possibly be support for user add-able conversions. I have to do alot of pressure,vacuum, and other facilities and biomedical conversions and this app would be great on a daily basis. Thanks again for your time.
    If your not First, Your Last!
    -Ricky Bobby

If your Converter crash on springboard, chmod the files inside the folder to change it.
    I use WinSCP to edit the properties of the whole folder and it said 0755 but it's not true.
    Last edited by linkx; 01-06-2008 at 04:00 AM. Reason: solved it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast