Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Help] How to update Installer.app

Question [Help] How to update Installer.app
    Hi all,

I baught a US Iphone version 1.0.2 that has been updated to 1.1.2.
    I wanted to update the installer.app but how?

thxs
    Last edited by beukhof1; 01-03-2008 at 08:11 AM.

does it have installer? if so it should come up in the updates at the bottom if you don't have installer than you will need to follow one of the jailbreaking guides in the jailbreaking section

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    does it have installer? if so it should come up in the updates at the bottom if you don't have installer than you will need to follow one of the jailbreaking guides in the jailbreaking section
    Yeah installer is already installed but its an older version. And it doesnt auto update?!

i had that problem when i used idemocracy2 to jailbreak i couldn't update it so i used a different method of jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    i had that problem when i used idemocracy2 to jailbreak i couldn't update it so i used a different method of jailbreak.
    I dont know how i didnt jailbreak it. but it had installer 3.0beta8 is there no way of upgrading it?

plz someone help me out.
    Last edited by beukhof1; 01-03-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have Installer v3.0b8, is this the latest? I know that if there was an update to the Installer app, it would tell you when you ran installer. Just wondering if v3.0.b8 is the latest.
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

thats the version that i have. can other people verify that this is the newest version? just go into installer and click "about" on the top right. thanx

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    thats the version that i have. can other people verify that this is the newest version? just go into installer and click "about" on the top right. thanx
    I thought there was a version 3.1 out. But has anyone everhad an auto update of installer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beukhof1 View Post
    I thought there was a version 3.1 out. But has anyone everhad an auto update of installer?
    Ya, Installer does its own Auto-Update. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Installer 3.1 is for older iPhone firmwares (1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2), and v3.0b8 is the latest for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Here's the Installer website (http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta).

NOTE: I downloaded Installer v3.1, unzipped it, and then launched it. It only gives you choices for FW 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2, which confirms what I thought. As of 1.1.1, its installed through the Jailbreak process.

Cheers,
    e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -installer-v3.1.jpg  
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)