Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Awesome job on the update guys, I haven't had any trouble with version 0.1 and ive sent to numerous Verizon friends with success. Can't wait for receiving msgs, Keep up the great work!!!

Working:

VirginMobile South Africa

MMSC: mms.virginmobile.co.za
    Proxy: 196.31.116.242:8080
    APN: vmms
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

Successfully sent mms & other phone received mms.

Thanks Tommy!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drock999 View Post
    I'm giving up on this. There seems to be no support for these 3rd party apps from the developers. I mean I know they are free and all but it's is frustrating to see a new app, spend hours trying to make it work right and end up with nothing.

I still can't get pictures to show up in my camera roll when using the camerapro app and that guy wants me to buy it!

Nobody has answered my other question about what types of phones are receiving these confirmed sent MMSs. Are we talking Treos or Razrs? What? WinMo? I've sent to ATT palm 650 - nothing. I've sent to Sprint Treo 755 - nothing. WHAT PHONES WORK?

WOW! Another freakin crybaby.... LMAO! Dayum son, calm down, the update was just released and they are still working on. Update haven't even been out for 24 hours and your already bytchin. As far as the camerappro app goes, sorry they dont show up in camera roll for you, but do for everyone else. I truly hope your not crying about the fact that it doesnt show up as your most recent pic before selecting camera roll, now thats really something to cry about huh? How about you work on correcting the issue b4 you start bytchin about it.

Back to the subject......

When I use the app, it says that MMS failed and that the url should be alpha-numeric or sumthin like that.

T-Mobile US

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    do i need to get mms activated from the company or wat (t mobile)
    Not a feature that has to be activated, but I would strongly recommend that you have a picture messaging plan, phone companys hit you in the head when sending pics with no plan, I know VZW hit you 25 cents per pic.
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 01-02-2008 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't seem to make it work here in Spain with Movistar...

Hi,

here are working (tested) settings for three Slovenian operators:

Mobitel Slovenia
    EDGE (Setting > General > Network > EDGE)
    APN: internet
    Username: mobitel
    Password: internet

SwirlyMMS settings (SwirlyMMS > Settings)
    MMSC and Proxy Server Settings
    MMSC: http://mms.mobitel.si/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 213.229.249.40:8080

MMS-specific APN Settings
    APN: mms.mobitel.si
    Username: mobitel

Si.mobil - Vodafone Slovenia
    EDGE settings (Setting > General > Network > EDGE)
    APN: internet.simobil.si
    Username: simobil

MMSC: mmc
    Proxy: 80.95.224.46:9201

APN: mms.simobil.si
    Username: simobil

izimobil Slovenia
    EDGE settings (Setting > General > Network > EDGE)
    APN: izimobil
    Username: izimobil
    Password: izimobil

MMSC: http://mms.mobitel.si/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 213.229.249.40:8080

APN: mms.izimobil
    Username: izimobil
    Password: izimobil

More info and screenshots >> CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Jest; 01-02-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    The Network Reported: service denied

i have att
    all the settings and crap are typed in..... what does that means???
    Probably means you don't have MMS messaging on your cell plan .. often times if you don't specifically request it, you won't get it .. and with att, it's not included on the iPhone plans.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    The Network Reported: service denied

i have att
    all the settings and crap are typed in..... what does that means???
    I'm giving up on this. There seems to be no support for these 3rd party apps from the developers. I mean I know they are free and all but it's is frustrating to see a new app, spend hours trying to make it work right and end up with nothing.

I still can't get pictures to show up in my camera roll when using the camerapro app and that guy wants me to buy it!

Nobody has answered my other question about what types of phones are receiving these confirmed sent MMSs. Are we talking Treos or Razrs? What? WinMo? I've sent to ATT palm 650 - nothing. I've sent to Sprint Treo 755 - nothing. WHAT PHONES WORK?

What specific additions to your calling plan did you make to enable this to work. Don't just say nothing. Call and check. Be diligent for the community. I had a business account for years and didn't know it until I got an iPhone and couldn't activate....

I got this once. Does the iPhone have an icon for regular GPRS? Maybe when you think you are on EDGE you are actually on GPRS? Just a thought.

same here brotha...preach.

I have tmobile-usa .. 1500 plus plan with the total internet package included.. I have unlimited internet, sms and mms capabilities.. the settings that are on the settings page for tmobile usa on the swirly site came from me (lonnie) ..

I've sent MMS messages to people on verizon att/cingular without a hitch using v0.2

Make sure you enter everything as you see it, lowercase .. make sure you have MMS capabilities with tmobile..

If you're using tmobile and have a blackberry plan, just because it uses wap.voicestream.com doesn't mean your account is configured the same way so you may still talk to a tmobile rep .. tell them you have an unlocked motorola v360 as well (what I used to have) and want to make sure you can send MMS messages on it

Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    I just installed MMs v0.2 on my 1.1.2 phone for the first time, and after installing, "Installer" is asking me to Update to 0.1. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm also constantly getting the "Failed to send MMS" pop up "EDGE is not available". Does the EDGE APN still need to be changed in this version?

I'm on China Mobile, I have MMS enabled, and my settings are as follows:

APN: cmwap
    Proxy: 10.0.0.172
    MMSC: mmsc.monternet.com

Just confirmed the above settings with China Mobile.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe this is because they renamed the application.. the best thing to do might be to uninstall and re-install it ..

Or if you've not installed the update yet (which YOU obviously have) .. uninstall it first thing.
    Last edited by oneduality; 01-02-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    i keep on getting "Failed to send MMS : unsupported protocol" everytime -_- i'm on t-mobile and i've tried the settings on the swirly site. i've tried wap.voicestream.com and the internet3 one

EDIT::
    nvm i got it working. =D wooo finally
    the iphone had some words capitalized and the MMSC and APN addresses are case sensitive SO TYPE AS IS no caps in any part of the url

MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

Thanks for the hint on the capitalized issue; the H on http was in caps. That did the trick for me as well. Working like a charm on T-Zones.

Works great! thanks!

Anyone got this working on O2 in the UK, im not sure im using the correct settings.

I sent one yesterday and it never arrived

so the conclusion is: its only working for unlocked iPhones that are on different cariers, or unlocked AT&T. How ever if you have iPhones that are locked to AT&T and don't have mms in your plan it wont work. There are some cases where the app works on locked AT&T phones, but for most of the people it doesn't.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I did solve the EDGE not available ... after a reboot, I did not get the error message .... just the MMS service not available or something.... Time to call AT&T and see if they can understand about adding MMS to my account .... previous attempts with AT&T were somewhat unsuccessful ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Time to call AT&T and see if they can understand about adding MMS to my account .... previous attempts with AT&T were somewhat unsuccessful ...
    Same problem here...have called AT&T 5 different times trying to get someone new. They tell me it is impossible to add MMS to an iphone data plan. I have 2 other lines on this account both of which can send and receive MMS, but when trying to send from the iphone, I receive an access denied message. I even told the customer service rep that I switch the sim card between my old phone and Iphone, but they still told me they couldn't add MMS. If anyone finds the trick for this, I'd be greatful to know it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I spoke with AT&T this morning -- explained that I sometimes switch the SIM into another phone (yeah, yeah) and she said she could add multi-media messaging (which is $0.25 per message ) to my plan; but it wasn't designed for the iPhone. She couldn't guarantee it would work (with my other phone because my SIM card is assigned to the iPhone IMEI, but it might work". It now "sends" without the access denied message ... and my friend with Verizon received the picture... Success.

Swirly MMS 0.2
    Reboot the phone after install
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

APN settings: leave blank

Image size: Medium

Have to have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T

Good luck
    Last edited by rkisling; 01-02-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: adding an additional step

I'm with t-mobile usa and have the 4.99 a month with 400 messages plan. I was able to send a picture message to my g/f's t-mobile phone. It worked fine using SwirlyMMS.

Tested and working on T-Mobile UK. Sent the better half a photo from camera roll and she received fairly quickly

works fine for me on att&t

mmsc.cingular.com

jailbroken (not unlocked) 1.1.1

mine is activation broken, and on a regular (business) plan with unlimited internet, and a supplemental messaging plan.

WORKING GREAT FOR T-Mobile!

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I spoke with AT&T this morning -- explained that I sometimes switch the SIM into another phone (yeah, yeah) and she said she could add multi-media messaging (which is $0.25 per message ) to my plan; but it wasn't designed for the iPhone. She couldn't guarantee it would work (with my other phone because my SIM card is assigned to the iPhone IMEI, but it might work". It now "sends" without the access denied message ... and my friend with Verizon received the picture... Success.

Swirly MMS 0.2
    Reboot the phone after install
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

APN settings: leave blank

Image size: Medium

Have to have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T

Good luck

Great news!

I have suspected that this was the case with AT&T but have never seen any concrete information about the reasons why it haven't worked for most AT&T users.

Thanks for sharing!

/Tommy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erix18 View Post
    I think after trying this my edge does not work at all
    when you change your apn settings in the mms app, its going to change your Edge settings to whatever u changed your apn settings in the mms app. Just go to the edge network settings and change it back to the right apn settings for edge. Note that if you go to your mms app and just look at ur settings, its gonna change your apn settings for edge to the mms settings so dont go back to the settings on mms if you got the settings right

I get the service denied error as well. I got no error in the previous version. Of course nobody ever received an MMS I sent either.

Can anyone say what service and phones these MMSs are being received on?

I'm on AT&T.
    I'm with SunCom and this works great for me. It even sends it to my email and I sent to all my friends phone with different carriers and it worked!
    Last edited by dooley19; 01-02-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tommysson View Post
    We know some of you (T-Mobile-US in particular, if I count the number of emails I have received) have waited a long time on this release... Finally, it is here :-) Damn those last 10% that takes 90% of the time...

So, in this v0.2 release we have added support for a MMS-specific APN, which allows many more of you to send MMSs! Also, a few bugs have been corrected (and maybe a few added ;-)), handling of the responses from the network has been improved, we have added image resize options and enabled erasure of the sent history.

This second release is still pretty rough and can only send MMSs. But we continue to develop it further, making the GUI a bit more polished and we will add the capability to receive MMSs. In fact, we have already done enough experimentation to say that we hopefully can release a v0.3 with receiving capabilities within 3-4 weeks. For whatever our time estimations are worth...

More info is available here and here.

Available via Installer from the Ste Packaging community source.

Have fun!

Tommy and Mats
    www.swirlyspace.com
    NEVER HAS WORKED FOR ME! I'm on ATT, firm 1.1.2, settings at mmsc.cingular.com and 066.209.011.032. I also heard that you have to call att to have mms enabled however, with the iphone package they say they cannot enable mms on their side. Any suggestions? please help

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast