Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [ANN] SwirlyMMS v0.2 has been released!

Not working for me with the ATT settings, its says sending for min after min after min and nothing gets sent,

Now I did find this solution which everyone probably knows for sending a PIC via the Iphone that works but I would rather have this MMS program work too

Text messaging pictures from the iPhone:

Try this:

1. Open any picture on your iPhone
    2. Click on the SEND photo link (pretend you are sending by email)
    3. Click on the email photo command
    4. Fill out the TO this way:

[email protected]

But replace 2125551212 with their numbers of course….

They’ll get it! Great for sending to multiple text message recipients. However you can’t do this to send TO an iPhone – I don’t know why – but you can send FROM an iPhone in this way

Service Provider Addresses:
    AT&T Cingular: mms.att.net
    T-Mobile: tmomail.net
    Verizon: vzwpix.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

For people who got this to work, how long did it take to send the message because it just sends minute after minute after minute for me.

for those of you on t-mobile, make sure you have mms messaging enabled on your plan for this app to work

The Network Reported: service denied

i have att
    all the settings and crap are typed in..... what does that means???

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile USA settings
    Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    what was your settings in mms?
    T-MO setting
    mmsc: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    username: (blank)
    password: (blank)

i have the blackberry internet plan so that allows me to send MMS and use safari/youtube/maps
    Last edited by aglitch; 01-01-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aglitch View Post
    T-MO setting
    usernameblank)
    passwordblank)

i have the blackberry internet plan so that allows me to send MMS and use safari/youtube/maps
    Same as aglitch... However, as far as I'm concerned, TZONES and Blackberry internet plans are the same since they both use the wap.voicestream.com. The only difference is the accessibility to blackberry BIS/BES servers which we don't really need.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Consistently getting the EDGE is not available ... yet i do have edge available. Any suggestions?

I'm giving up on this. There seems to be no support for these 3rd party apps from the developers. I mean I know they are free and all but it's is frustrating to see a new app, spend hours trying to make it work right and end up with nothing.

I still can't get pictures to show up in my camera roll when using the camerapro app and that guy wants me to buy it!

Nobody has answered my other question about what types of phones are receiving these confirmed sent MMSs. Are we talking Treos or Razrs? What? WinMo? I've sent to ATT palm 650 - nothing. I've sent to Sprint Treo 755 - nothing. WHAT PHONES WORK?

What specific additions to your calling plan did you make to enable this to work. Don't just say nothing. Call and check. Be diligent for the community. I had a business account for years and didn't know it until I got an iPhone and couldn't activate....

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Consistently getting the EDGE is not available ... yet i do have edge available. Any suggestions?
    I got this once. Does the iPhone have an icon for regular GPRS? Maybe when you think you are on EDGE you are actually on GPRS? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotfunny View Post
    The Network Reported: service denied

i have att
    all the settings and crap are typed in..... what does that means???
    same here brotha...preach.
    Last edited by drock999; 01-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just installed MMs v0.2 on my 1.1.2 phone for the first time, and after installing, "Installer" is asking me to Update to 0.1. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm also constantly getting the "Failed to send MMS" pop up "EDGE is not available". Does the EDGE APN still need to be changed in this version?

I'm on China Mobile, I have MMS enabled, and my settings are as follows:

APN: cmwap
    Proxy: 10.0.0.172
    MMSC: mmsc.monternet.com

Just confirmed the above settings with China Mobile.

Any help would be appreciated.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

Thanks

I was able to send an mms on my unlocked iphone FW 1.1.1 on Tmobile USA settings, but does anyone know if we are able to receive mms as well?
    Last edited by Cassy; 01-02-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aglitch View Post
    T-MO setting
    username: (blank)
    password: (blank)

these are the settings I used on my tmobile 1.1.2 phone. Works great!!
    sent mms after about 10 secs. Make sure you don't set pic resolution to Max. It wont be received.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
    I was able to send an mms on my unlocked iphone FW 1.1.1 on Tmobile USA settings, but does anyone know if we are able to receive mms as well?
    As stated on swirlyspace.com you will be able to receive MMSs in v0.3, due out within a few weeks.

/Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    I just installed MMs v0.2 on my 1.1.2 phone for the first time, and after installing, "Installer" is asking me to Update to 0.1. Anyone else have this problem?
    I guess this is due to the fact that we changed the app's name from MMS to SwirlyMMS. I hope it doesn't cause any trouble, except for being annoying...

I'm also constantly getting the "Failed to send MMS" pop up "EDGE is not available". Does the EDGE APN still need to be changed in this version?
    Strange, unfortunately I cannot tell why

/Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by drock999 View Post
    I'm giving up on this. There seems to be no support for these 3rd party apps from the developers.
    Really? Too bad...

I mean I know they are free and all but it's is frustrating to see a new app, spend hours trying to make it work right and end up with nothing.
    I understand your frustration.

Nobody has answered my other question about what types of phones are receiving these confirmed sent MMSs. WHAT PHONES WORK?
    I have successfully received iPhone originated MMSs with Nokia and Sony-Ericsson phones.

I got this once. Does the iPhone have an icon for regular GPRS? Maybe when you think you are on EDGE you are actually on GPRS? Just a thought.
    It really doesn't matter whether you are on EDGE or GPRS. Someone modded the E-icon to instead show a G for people who are on GPRS-networks only (like myself). I don't remember the link for that mod though...

/Tommy
    Last edited by tommysson; 01-02-2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tommysson For This Useful Post:

jkfox121 (01-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by tommysson View Post
    As stated on swirlyspace.com you will be able to receive MMSs in v0.3, due out within a few weeks.

/Tommy

I guess this is due to the fact that we changed the app's name from MMS to SwirlyMMS. I hope it doesn't cause any trouble, except for being annoying...

Strange, unfortunately I cannot tell why

/Tommy
    After rebooting the phone, waiting, trying over and over, still no luck.

Where I live the EDGE coverage is not so good, but GPRS does work great. Does the app require a true EDGE connection, or will it also work with GPRS?

Also, while the app was installed on my phone, "Installer" indicated "EDGE connection failed". Once I removed the MMS app, everything went back to normal.

I don't understand why people are attacking the developers of this app... It's a brand new application, it's not the final release, and they are obviously working out the bugs. It's really easy to complain about not having MMS capabilities, but then when someone takes the time to write an app giving us what we've all asked for, I don't think they deserve critisism... Should sound something more like "Thank You! How can I help?"
    Last edited by jkfox121; 01-02-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

Yes, please make it works with gprs !
    I'm french and i use wap with sfr, i can't get a true edge connection...
    All apps are working with gprs (stocks, weather, clock...) why not the mms sending ?

I think if we could skip the edge avaibility checking the mms will be sent

Good work
    Last edited by trebog911; 01-02-2008 at 03:58 AM.

@tommy; ive installed it today and gud for it already detects the settings for my carrier...

Ive set also my APN, but unlucky for me, still cannot send MMS, it appears to be failed sending...

For those of you asking for GPRS support, the application does not care whether you are using GPRS or EDGE! It works with both - if it works at all ;-)
    EDGE is "just" an enhanced GPRS.

I have two different subscriptions with two different Service providers where one only offers GPRS while the other offers EDGE. SwirlyMMS works like a charm with both :-)

/Tommy

After rebooting the phone, waiting, trying over and over, still no luck.

Where I live the EDGE coverage is not so good, but GPRS does work great. Does the app require a true EDGE connection, or will it also work with GPRS?
    It works with GPRS too (if it works at all that is...)
    Please verify that your settings are correct and that MMS is enabled with your service plan!

Also, while the app was installed on my phone, "Installer" indicated "EDGE connection failed". Once I removed the MMS app, everything went back to normal.
    I don't understand this. A temporary network failure?

I don't understand why people are attacking the developers of this app... It's a brand new application, it's not the final release, and they are obviously working out the bugs. It's really easy to complain about not having MMS capabilities, but then when someone takes the time to write an app giving us what we've all asked for, I don't think they deserve critisism... Should sound something more like "Thank You! How can I help?"
    Thank you!

/Tommy
    Last edited by tommysson; 01-02-2008 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've modified my edge settings to connect via gprs instead of edge.
    So the iphone think that edge is not connected, however safari and others apps are ok.

When I try to send a mms : "mms cannot be sent right now since edge is not avaible!"

Any idea ?
    Last edited by trebog911; 01-02-2008 at 04:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im on Tmobil USA and i tried it twice and it says FAILED TO SEND MSS CONNECTION FAILED!!! AND IM ON THE TZONE HACK! so??? can someone please help? thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do i need to get mms activated from the company or wat (t mobile)

Default Crash on Start
    He Guy's i am Chris from Germany. I installed the 2nd Version of the MMS App. The first Start of the Programm was fine, i changed the Settings (especially the APN) and tried to save these = crash.

Now i am not able to start the MMS App again, it allways crashes, also after restarting the iPhone.

I am on FW 1.1.2 Jailbreaked and SimFree (via anySIM) with German O2 Provider. It is an originally AT&T Modell from the USA

Can you help me or fix the problem?

Thanxx and best regards and Happy New Year!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast