Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing 3rd party apps

Default Installing 3rd party apps
    When i SCP into my iphone the guide tells me to upload the files into the apps directory. I have searched every folder on my iphone and there isn't an Applications folder. Am I supposed to make one somewhere? And if so how do i do it since mkdir doesn't seem to exsist.

Thanks!

lol, I'm pretty sure it exists...

try doing this

cd ../../Applications

if that doesn't work try

cd ../../../Applications

In SCP keep clicking the folder shown in the picture till you get to the top directory. Or click the drop down box and put it on /<root> .

Now that I think about this more , sounds like you haven't successfully jail broke your phone.
    Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-13-2007 at 09:46 AM.

HEY THERE I AM TRYING TO PUT iLauncher/Installer.app ON MY IPHONE I AM USING AN INTEL MAC AND I HAVE IFUNTASTIC 2.5 ON MY COMP
    I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW 2 PUT IT ON MY IPHONE CAN ANY1 TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO T HANX

Hi Casey,

iFuntastic can't be used to install applications, unfortunately. It can only be used to modify some of the graphics and ringtones.

At this time, installing the Installer.app does require you to use Terminal and command-line tools. Once that's done, however, then you'll have a great UI for installing 3rd party apps.

I recommend checking out the Wiki's Getting Started guides:
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...iPhone_Modding

I've also posted a consolidated guide on my own site:
    mercurious.com/iphone-guide