Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone DOOM now updated and playable!

Default iPhone DOOM now updated and playable!
    No way I am updating to 1.1.3 now!

Here is the page to download..

http://code.google.com/p/iphonedoom/

and a video of it in action..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bPizWvLKE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bPizWvLKE[/ame]

Thanks

Hi,

I downloaded the doom1.zip file, unstuffed it, then SSH'ed it into the applications folder on my iPhone. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to launch as each time I try I just get kicked back to the Springboard (I'm on 1.1.1). When unzipped, Doom shows up as application.

thanks,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Hi,

I downloaded the doom1.zip file, unstuffed it, then SSH'ed it into the applications folder on my iPhone. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to launch as each time I try I just get kicked back to the Springboard (I'm on 1.1.1). When unzipped, Doom shows up as application.

thanks,
    e
    Changed restrictions to 755 when you SSHed?
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Hi,

thanks,
    e
    Make sure it is name "doom1.wad" and is in the var/root/media/doom folder. The wad file needs to be spelled exactly like that or Doom will not recognize it. Also make sure permissions are set to 755.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey guys im struggling to get this too work, if i put it in private/var/root/media/doom, it doesnt show up on the summerboard, but if i put it in applications it shows up but will not run. iv set the permissions too 755 too.

if its left as defalt Doom it opens but shuts straight away, if i change the file too doom1.wad it opens up but all i get is a frozen white screen and i have to turn the iphone off and on again.

any ideas??

Thanks

sailorguido,

I did as you said...

Unzipped the file. Renamed it to doom1.wad and placed it into var/root/media. I then restarted my phone and nada. Not even the icon for doom is showing up. Previously when I installed Doom into the Applications folder, the icon was showing up in Springboard.

I noticed when I "Show Package Contents" (I'm on a Mac), I noticed there are 2 .png files, 1 .plist file and one unix executable file. Is this the file that I should have in the var/root/media? Shouldn't the Doom application be placed in the Applications folder?

Thanks for you help,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

sailorguido,

I did as you said...

Unzipped the file. Renamed it to doom1.wad and placed it into var/root/media. I then restarted my phone and nada. Not even the icon for doom is showing up. Previously when I installed Doom into the Applications folder, the icon was showing up in Springboard.

I noticed when I "Show Package Contents" (I'm on a Mac), I noticed there are 2 .png files, 1 .plist file and one unix executable file. Is this the file that I should have in the var/root/media? Shouldn't the Doom application be placed in the Applications folder?

Thanks for you help,
    e
    with mine you have too turn the iphone off then on again for it too show, but that was only because i put it in the application folder.

The doom app goes in your applications folder and the "doom1.wad" goes in your var/private/media/doom folder (you must create this folder yourself). Then make sure permissions are set to 755 for both of them. Then shut down and restart your phone and you should be good to go.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

is the wad file included in this app or do i have to get it myself?

HOLY CRAP FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MyPhone is better than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    is the wad file included in this app or do i have to get it myself?
    You must get it yourself.

cant get it to work...did everything you said and still nothing

games awesome...but i need a controller layout...like the gba and nes emulators....makes playing eazier....seems like u wouldnt have good gameplay with the current setup.....but its a step in the right direction....keep it up!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i must be doing somat really wrong here. iv followed all the instructions from differant sources and still nothing.

this is what i have done

iv put the doom.app in the application section of the phone with the files ( defalt/icon/info ) then iv gone too var/private/media/ made a doom folder and put the doom file in there, changed its name too doom1.wad and restarted the phone.

the icon shows up on summerboard and all it does then is freeze on a white screen..

does this game actually work on a 1.1.2 phone??

Thanks

whats the secret...because i've done everything said on here and still just rolls back to home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    i must be doing somat really wrong here. iv followed all the instructions from differant sources and still nothing.

this is what i have done

iv put the doom.app in the application section of the phone with the files ( defalt/icon/info ) then iv gone too var/private/media/ made a doom folder and put the doom file in there, changed its name too doom1.wad and restarted the phone.

the icon shows up on summerboard and all it does then is freeze on a white screen..

does this game actually work on a 1.1.2 phone??

I got it bro....just make sure you have doom in the var/root/Media/Doom....doom has to be capitalized.
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 01-01-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

me too , just white screen . What's this 755 setting thing ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fistikal View Post
    me too , just white screen . What's this 755 setting thing ?

READ MY PREVIOUS RESPONSE BRO...I GOT IT TO WORK...IT STILL SUCKS RIGHT NOW SO YOUR NOT MISSING NOTHING.

Yeah the controls still need tweaking and we need sound but it is running at full speed. As far as installing AGAIN, make sure everything is spelled right. The Doom folder must be spelled "Doom" with a capital D and the doom1.wad must be all lowercase.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Yeah the controls still need tweaking and we need sound but it is running at full speed. As far as installing AGAIN, make sure everything is spelled right. The Doom folder must be spelled "Doom" with a capital D and the doom1.wad must be all lowercase.
    iv tried all that mate, is your phone 1.1.2 just want too make sure.

does this game actually work on a 1.1.2 phone
    Works here on 1.1.2.
    Put Wad file into var/root/Media/Doom (set perm 0755)
    Put Doom.app to Applications folder (set perm 0755)
    Reboot phone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast