Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "mcolloquy(modded)"

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "mcolloquy(modded)"
    well since "big boss" decided to straight out steal my app I'd like to "offically" I guess release this.. Its colloquy and later ill have more info... Stay tuned...
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

what was that....thats the problem with this free software bro. There's always somebody like that. just for that i want to delete boss from my installer source. please give more detail.

I just want to jump in here and mention that I'm the one who did the mColloquy mods - the version that's on bigboss' repo (without permission). People seem to like it, so I'm going to add a few more features and bug fixes, then release it. I most likely will host it here if they're willing. The app name will be changed so as not to conflict with any previous version of mobile Colloquy.

* Huge thanks to iphonejeff and dictionary for ideas and testing! *

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    what was that....thats the problem with this free software bro. There's always somebody like that. just for that i want to delete boss from my installer source. please give more detail.
    Free software doesn't mean open source.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Sure, we'll host it. iPhoneJeff, as far as I knew this is mbrane's app, not yours, correct?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Sure, we'll host it. iPhoneJeff, as far as I knew this is mbrane's app, not yours, correct?
    we handled that already

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I'll take that as a yes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I'll take that as a yes.
    obviously we knew what were doin...

no harm no foul..

I'm impatient for new version with real slash and raw commands support

Those things are in beta right now.

Thanks

What's this program do? Same thing as Categories I'm assuming?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

It's an IRC client.

Quote Originally Posted by mbranes View Post
    Those things are in beta right now.
    How? I write "/raw help" for example, and nothing happen.

By all means, delete my repository. I write apps and post things there as a service. I dont gain from it. If you want to delete the repository out of "spite" by all means do so. You are the one that misses out in the long run.

well since "big boss" decided to straight out steal my app I'd like to "offically" I guess release this.. Its colloquy and later ill have more info... Stay tuned...
    Hey guys. I never "stole" your app nor did I ever claim it was mine. It was given to me by a friend and I asked him repeatedly to get in touch with the authors. Anyways, people are dying to run a decent version of Colloquy and yours worked. No one had access to it so I posted it on my repository. Anyone that asked was told that it was not mine.

I just want to jump in here and mention that I'm the one who did the mColloquy mods - the version that's on bigboss' repo (without permission). People seem to like it, so I'm going to add a few more features and bug fixes, then release it. I most likely will host it here if they're willing. The app name will be changed so as not to conflict with any previous version of mobile Colloquy.
    Yep I am more than happy to pull the app off my repository as soon as you request me to do so. Basically, the binary zip is being distributed anyways, people are asking for help on how to install it, so I stuck it on my repo to solve all that. I was also told that "they guy that did these mods is not going to work on it further and is scrapping it for his own IRC client". In the future, if you don't want your beta app to be distributed, don't give it out. If you want to discuss where I got it or why it's posted feel free to contact me.

I'm not exactly difficult to find. I'm in #iphone on efnet IRC, I hang in the dev channel, and I frequent here several times a day. Rather than say I stole your app etc just ask me to remove it. Sheesh. Anyways, I am very sorry if posting this caused you any problems or ruined the upcoming release. I'm happy to remove it.

EDIT: I have removed it from my source. Sorry again.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-31-2007 at 06:55 PM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

It hasn't ruined anything. I just wanted credit for the work. I distributed the beta version of the app to beta testers as is customary. One of them gave it to someone else without conveying that it was not ready for release. I was just shocked to see it on a repo.

Since it's out there now, I thought I'd clean it up a bit and make a release version. I am also working on another IRC client, as rumored, but it seems worth the time to enhance this one a bit also.

I'm not trying to create any angst. I just wanted credit for the time I put in on the app. I understand that you weren't deliberately doing anything underhanded.

Thanks

no need to delete anything.....I just jump to conclusions. all these apps are amazing, i was just stirring up SH^T.

* Huge thanks to iphonejeff and dictionary for ideas and testing! *
    And credit you deserve. You did a great job with it. If I knew who you were I would have contacted you. Anyways, it's removed. Sorry again.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Any news on the new version of Colloquy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero3K View Post
    Any news on the new version of Colloquy?
    Only that I'm working on it. My time for leisure coding is lean and scattered right now, so I don't have a projected release date. But it *will* be released, I can tell you that much. I'll post an update here.

Also, can anyone post a link to the modded Colloquy application?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast