+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Has Anyone Got This To Work On 1.0.2 Yet It Lets Me Set Up The Folder But Doesnt Show The Icons When In It Cool Program If I Can Get
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Categories
    Has Anyone Got This To Work On 1.0.2

Yet It Lets Me Set Up The Folder But Doesnt Show The Icons When In It

Cool Program If I Can Get It Working

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trea916 View Post
    Has Anyone Got This To Work On 1.0.2

Yet It Lets Me Set Up The Folder But Doesnt Show The Icons When In It

Cool Program If I Can Get It Working
    Hello, I just downgraded a phone and got it debugged and working on 1.0.2. Man you're fast to grab it. I just posted it 2 hours ago for beta testers Anyways, I fixed it and got it all working on 1.0.2 also. (Now just to see if a iTouch user can report in).
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works great on my Touch 1.1.1.

Created three folders: Games, Utilities, PIM.

I open the folders and all the apps I put in them are there and ready to use.

Thanks.

Thanks

is there an update on installer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i wasint able to hide photos with this on my 1.1.1 touch

Thanks

markmon, this looks fantastic!

I've installed it, it opens, I can add a category. When I choose that, and click 'add', it just goes back to springboard. I restarted the phone, clicked on the new category icon, tried to add from there, but the same thing.

Now all you need to do is add 'live' reordering of the icons, as per the new 113 - then who would need the update?!

Firmware 112, upgraded, unlocked, anysim

Green Apple
    Thanks

where do i find this app?
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

Thanks

I love this! Totally what I needed. Big thanks!

Now I'll see if I can use an icon not part of the choices....

Thanks

damn, I wish I could get this to work. As soon as I try & add an app to a category, it crashes back to springboard. Permissions are all ok.

Thanks

please link us to this
    i wanna give it a go

Thanks

How can we change the icons inside the "Categories" created? They don't follow the icons set by SummerBoard.

Thanks

It's a BigBoss app on Installer under Utilities.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jrentzke For This Useful Post:

Trooper (12-30-2007)

Thanks

I've been using Greg Meach's Launchers, but this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!

Works on my 1.1.1, noticed a few things:

- Created an entry called "Fun & Games" (with spaces); the app automatically took out the spaces, but it never shows up on Springboard. Had to delete it and create one without spaces or the & character.

- Exiting the app doesn't automatically restart Springboard, so the new icons don't show up. Have to manually re-start Springboard, and they show up.

- The names for several of them seem to cut off; for example, NetServices says NetServi... (which is kinda annoying.)

- With only 4 or 5 icons (using only 1 or 2 lines), I can still scroll the screen up and down somewhat.

- Can't change the icon for the folder. Have to delete it and re-create it to do so.

Would LOVE the ability to change the background shown. Also would like to be able to choose custom icons for the launcher, instead of just what's shown.

edit: Huh...now it IS restarting Springboard....weird. Ah, got it. I can hit the "Home" button to exit before it has a chance to restart Springboard. Have to wait a couple seconds and let it do it's thing.

Noticed one last thing: the icons don't appear to be centered; they're actually more to the left.

Still, great! Exactly what I want. Much better than the Greg Meach Launchers, which I'll be uninstalling now!
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 12-30-2007 at 09:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rasbill's Avatar
    Thanks

jrentzk "I've installed it, it opens, I can add a category. When I choose that, and click 'add', it just goes back to springboard. I restarted the phone, clicked on the new category icon, tried to add from there, but the same thing."

same problem here

this aggravates me to all hell, screwed my icons all up, and wont work, people need to stop posting betas to installer or clearly label them as such so people dont **** there phones up, if you need beta testers ask people they will be glad to beta test a new program, and if it wasnt you who added it to the source who ever put it in there needs to label these things beta thank you
    Last edited by rasbill; 12-30-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It obviously works fine for many of us. Just because there's something up with YOUR iPhone doesn't mean you should rail on someone who's released an application. YOU made the decision to install it.

Thanks

i stand by my comment, if its beta it should say so, instead of letting us be blind beta testers and **** our phones up, the things hacked, if something gets messed up alot of times u gotta restore the phone and jump thru all the hoops install all ur programs again, put ur themes back, change the icons around, enter all my email info, ect, and basically risk bricking a 400 (or more) dollar phone, when it could simply say beta beside it, so i know to come here and look for war stories, i think its funny that you think the developer should just let us all mess up our phones to beta test his product, i think its great people are developing but they should have beta testers or something before just unleashing a program out there, its not like its a simple uninstall to fix these things, and you know apple doesnt care, why shouldnt the developer care?

i dont mean to come across as an *******, but somebody gotta look out for stuff like this, it should say beta if its beta and it should state if it has the potential to brick ur phone if it doesnt work right.

and if you consider asking people to put the label beta on a beta product is "railing" on someone, im willing to bet you get offended easily, that is all

and yes i am aggravated i have like 100 icons on my home screen i gotta rearrange and hide now, would i want to punch the developer in the face, hardly, im just asking to simply label things as potential hazards if they are
    Last edited by rasbill; 12-30-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    jrentzk "I've installed it, it opens, I can add a category. When I choose that, and click 'add', it just goes back to springboard. I restarted the phone, clicked on the new category icon, tried to add from there, but the same thing."

same problem here

this aggravates me to all hell, screwed my icons all up, and wont work, people need to stop posting betas to installer or clearly label them as such so people dont **** there phones up, if you need beta testers ask people they will be glad to beta test a new program, and if it wasnt you who added it to the source who ever put it in there needs to label these things beta thank you

sorry to hear about your problems. This actually is a beta, and was posted for beta testers. Someone just happened to post about it here. I have no access to what goes onto Installer or not. I was just helping someone who wanted to know where to find it.

for what it's worth, it did not screw anything up for me - I just can't get it to add any apps to the categories created.

This app has so much potential, I'm just waiting until a new version comes out that will work for me.

Thanks

well i also asked that people posting apps to there repositories should label them as beta if they are beta, i downloaded it in installer, thru bigboss , didnt say beta on it, i clicked on more info, didnt say beta or anything, actually has a nice layout of how it works. If its not ur program, and your not asking the developer, dont add it to your repository as it just makes us all wonder what the last version (or working version) was, messes with our installer to look like we have to do a million program updates, and installs beta programs that arent labeled as such, or ment to be in installer yet.

im not trying to diss flame argue whateva the kids are saying now adays, i just think maybe developers should just be a little responsible when labeling apps in installer, i really dont see that being an issue, if you know ur app is messing with somethin that has potential to brick the phone, label it as such, if its a 1st version or a beta version, label it as such, it will save us all alot of aggrivation, if i know im installing something that is a beta program i know i will be taking a risk, if i belive its a program that has been tested to work, i wont worry and install it, like i said apple doesnt care about your phone, i cannot see why the developers cant take that extra tiny tiny tiny step to make life easier for all of us.
    Last edited by rasbill; 12-30-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks

Default love it
    works great on 1.0.2 now thank you so much

only bug i can see is that when in a folder some icons dont line up with there label now

Green Apple
    Thanks

It works on my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone. I was able to make different categories like apps, games and personal(1 click dialing shortcuts). Everything worked perfect. But I decided its not what I wanted. Didnt like the extra folder and then going into my apps. I was used to just having everything on the springboard. So I decided to get rid of the categories by deleting them out of the categories folders first and then I got rid of the folders. Exited out of categories and thats when the fun started. I didnt have any icons at all. Didnt have my edge icon up top or my wifi indicator. Nothing, just my wallpaper. Phone would still take calls, but I didnt have any icons when I got out of the phone. I started to get upset so I searched for "missing icons" on the website and found a posting, http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...+icons+missing that had the original M68AP.plist and I used iphonelist to copy it back over and restarted the iphone and everything was back to normal. So if this happens to you, this should fix it. I did have to rearrange all my icons back to how I originally had them, but thats better than restoring the phone. Hopefully none has the same problem I did, but I am sure I wont be the only.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast