+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Omfg Chess !!!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Really...well, now we need some people to post chess boards!
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic HotStuff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Really...well, now we need some people to post chess boards!

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    I'll post em tonight
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  3. #23
    Green Apple ioffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    0.83 will come with 3 new boards. The app is mod friendly actually. I belive if you add your image into chessboard folder, it will give you an option to chose it (you need to restart the app). Never tested, you milage may vary
    I think I need to launch official thread on Caissa here ....

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ioffe View Post
    0.83 will come with 3 new boards. The app is mod friendly actually. I belive if you add your image into chessboard folder, it will give you an option to chose it (you need to restart the app). Never tested, you milage may vary
    I think I need to launch official thread on Caissa here ....
    Are you the author? I put 5 new boards in and they work quite fine. Can you add other sets of Chess pieces too? I find no difference between Normal and Advanced Shape.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #25
    Green Apple ioffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Are you the author? I put 5 new boards in and they work quite fine. Can you add other sets of Chess pieces too? I find no difference between Normal and Advanced Shape.
    Yes I am. I just opened official Caissa thread.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23083

    All info is kinda scattered in places and difficult to find. So let's aggregate our knowledge in one place. I need you all people to share your experience with me. Needless to say, I am aware of many problems with the app and want resolution as much as many of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I put 5 new boards in and they work quite fine. Can you add other sets of Chess pieces too? I find no difference between Normal and Advanced Shape.
    Send 'em in. I am thinking of releasing separate board pack. I have many, but I don't want to bloat the distro to megabytes. And there is no difference between Normal and Advanced Shape. I forgot to remove it for this release
    Last edited by ioffe; 12-28-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have to stay on 1.0.2 amd I have my reasons for that. I want authors and developpers to consider writting programs for 1.0.2 as well. It shouldn't be that difficult.

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic HotStuff2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve_rb View Post
    I have to stay on 1.0.2 amd I have my reasons for that. I want authors and developpers to consider writting programs for 1.0.2 as well. It shouldn't be that difficult.
    There really isn't any reason to stay on 1.0.2 as opposed to going to 1.1.1, and I'm curious as to what your "reasons" are?

    However, I disagree...the authors of these programs, who are providing their work FREE OF CHARGE, should not be supporting older firmwares, which ARE different, and CAN (and usually are) a PITA to support. You want the goodies? Upgrade the firmware. Don't wanna upgrade, for whatever reason? Learn to do without.

  8. #28
    Green Apple ioffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_rb View Post
    I have to stay on 1.0.2 amd I have my reasons for that. I want authors and developpers to consider writting programs for 1.0.2 as well. It shouldn't be that difficult.
    if you are proficient with SSH and ready to spend with me 30 min online,
    let's see what we can do to help you.

  9. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2 chess game from different sources but I think the Caissa is better than (bigger board and easy touch).

    Both of them works fine with 1.1.2

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Installed new Chess App on my iPhone tonight and is working great. Thanks again great App.

    Installed new Chess App on my iPhone tonight and is working great. Thanks again great App.
    Last edited by Sarman47; 12-30-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts