Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install apps on iPhone over WIFI

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Install apps on iPhone over WIFI
    Found this check it out

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta.html

that is sick dude.... sucks that it takes up one of the spaces on the home
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 08-13-2007 at 03:19 AM. Reason: language

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but with this you have more spaces try it

http://rapidshare.com/files/48416222/Installer.zip.html

Discussed here:http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2005
    ....But yeah.what a cool app.
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

this app is pretty crazy

I hang on the unpacking package. I did the chmod +x on all the files....

Any ideas?

how do you chmod+x t the files and where do u do it at?................please tell me...i have a lot of games and i dont know where to put them

Quote Originally Posted by bdotfer View Post
    how do you chmod+x t the files and where do u do it at?................please tell me...i have a lot of games and i dont know where to put them
    instead of someone telling you...maybe you should read some other threads

all the answers to your question(s) and then some are there.........

k i got this "installer" app running....but cant find a read me to this....my qstn is how can u add programs on it for it to install?

This is prob the best app because now we will have the ability to install themes to the phone . So hopefully the people who made this app can incorperate themes and icon packs into it.

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    k i got this "installer" app running....but cant find a read me to this....my qstn is how can u add programs on it for it to install?
    How did you transfer the install.app on your iphone? I use osx and used terminal to putfile in the applications fold and restarted the iphone and nothing. So I removed the app and now I can't get it to transfer back to iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    How did you transfer the install.app on your iphone? I use osx and used terminal to putfile in the applications fold and restarted the iphone and nothing. So I removed the app and now I can't get it to transfer back to iphone.

Thanks
    i use ssh and WinSCP to transfer the Installer to my iPhone, im on XP....sorry dunno bout OSX.

Installer.app hit v1.0 (you can update it from within your existing version of Installer.app), and it now auto refreshes the Springboard so you don't have to shut the phone on and off anymore!! This is really really cool...
    Last edited by dasilvetz; 08-13-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Is there any way to add apps to install, or does it only pull from their server? Is there a way to add multiple servers to download from?

I AM RUNNING OS X ON AN INTEL MAC I HAVE IFUNTASTIC 2.5 ON MY COMP I AM TRYING TO INSTALL iLauncher/Installer.app ON MY IPHONE I DONT HAVE SSH ON IT I THINK IT IS A BIT OVER MY HEAD IS THERE ANY WAY A MORON CAN INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ON MY PHONE????????????

It depends. Is there any way a moron can learn to post a message on a forum while simultaneously using proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation instead of randomly punching the keyboard with caps lock on and putting a bunch of question marks at the end?

EDIT:

Let me rephrase that so you can understand it: L3ARN 2 TYP3 D00DR!!!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!

OK, I'm not like computer illiterate. I have followed all the guides and I have SSH enabled, ableit most of it was over my head. I am just a good direction follower I suppose. However, I know nothing about ssh. I have the installer app and someone before said to do the command scp -rp Installer.app (I just dragged my installer.app from the desktop and it placed the path) root@(ipaddress)://Applications.

Now, I tried it with the IP address my iPhone gives me which is 10.0.1.195 and it says port 22: Connection Refused.
    Then I looked up my ip address online and used that ip address and little snitch informed me of an outgoing call so i allowed it but then it gave me the same error message.

I understand that a lot of this is probably simple and that I shouldn't be messing with this but I'd really like to get it to work. I've gotten this far

I would really suggest using WinSCP. It's so much easier, cause you can just drag your .app folder into the app folder and you're done. Granted you set the permissions which you can do while transferring the file.

--
    snuwoods
    Last edited by snuwoods; 08-13-2007 at 10:22 PM.

so, with WinSCP I would have to use Windows I presume? Can I use Parallels to do that or will it not be recognized? I have bootcamp but thats just such a hassle. Why oh why does it have to be easier on Windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast