Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: psx4iphone v0.1.0 - PS1 emulator for iPhone+iTouch.

Help some help guys!!!!

I attempted installation of psx4all via installer, dowloading process went through but as soon as installing process kick in, it force me out. As far as i know, some controller images downloaded, but since then, I won't be able to install anything through installer, and now I can't even connect my iphone to my computer by using SSH. Please advise. I appreciate for any help!!!!!!

I put the bios in the psx4all folder using ibrickr but when i try to load a game it says bios not found and then it says unable to load.

Im trying to run Alundra which i ripped using magic iso to an .iso

Now Im trying Final Fantasy Chronicles: Chrono Trigger .bin

Anyone have any ideas why its not working? Oh and i used the installer version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

Default any help??
    so can someone plezz help

i dont know where to put bios file

i think i have the right one

the bios goes in /applications/psx4all/
    also, the thing that hung me up, its case sensitive! the bios name must be in all lower case, like this:
    scph1001.bin
    i had uppercase and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load...

also to everyone else i've learned a VERY usefull trick. if you've been having your saved games just boot you back to springboard when you try to load them, this will get them to work. open psx4all, and start a NEW game of whatever the ISO in question is. you don't even really have to let it load up all the way. just let it load for a second (sometimes i wait for the splash screen to come up so i know its working, but i don't really think you have to) then click menu and wait for it to close the game and ask you if you want to save, click no, and then load up your corresponding save state and it should work every time.
    Last edited by b3nny; 12-27-2007 at 12:09 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

bo3ddha (03-14-2008), stlcaddie (12-27-2007)

Default sweet
    I uploaded some psx roms but for some reason i dont get any sound

how i get the overclock option on emulator? r2+l2? i cant find it =/

there are quite a few games which dont have sound (yet)

@b3nny
    sort of works.. anyone else tried this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    also, the thing that hung me up, its case sensitive! the bios name must be in all lower case, like this:
    scph1001.bin

also to everyone else i've learned a VERY usefull trick. if you've been having your saved games just boot you back to springboard when you try to load them, this will get them to work. open psx4all, and start a NEW game of whatever the ISO in question is. you don't even really have to let it load up all the way. just let it load for a second (sometimes i wait for the splash screen to come up so i know its working, but i don't really think you have to) then click menu and wait for it to close the game and ask you if you want to save, click no, and then load up your corresponding save state and it should work every time.

NIICE TRICK....THANKS

Thanks

im not enjoying this program, co'z i dont know how to get games for this app
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

any further development with this?.. I downloaded a "Resident Evil" rom which has come with a file extension of ".7z"

Is this the normal format? Do i simply drop this into the PSX folder?
    So many apps.. so little time!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

.7zip is just another format of a zipped file... just unzip it or unrar it... i believe you can use winrar to unrar it...

Posted today by the powers that be...

Hello from ZodTTD!

As I had said in the beginning of the psx4iphone project, I would be working on another Sony Playstation 1 emulator alongside it. This upcoming emulator should increase performance quite a lot over the current psx4iphone. This upcoming emulator is being lead by Hlide, a very talented programmer. He even contributed some of the generator of the psx4all project’s dynamic recompiler!

Now it’s time for me to return the favor and help him bring his project to ARM platforms such as the iPhone. Hlide’s project is titled yapse4all (YAPSE- Yet Another PlayStation Emulator) and though in it’s early stages, it shows so much promise that I would like to bring some of his framework and dynarec over to psx4all. Since yapse4all currently lacks important device emulation such as the Graphics Processing Unit, Sound Processing Unit, and etc., I am able to extend yapse4all into psx4iphone. It would help Hlide by getting the ARM implementation completed, and help me by improving the core of psx4iphone. Eventually yapse4all will be in a more complete state, and could then maintain his own, more advanced, ARM arch which could take advantage of things currently not possible in psx4all such as threaded devices.

So basically if Hlide doesn’t mind this being done, soon psx4iphone could get a very large update due to his excellent work and my extension of it.

Lots of work to be done, but piece by piece it’s getting there!
    So many apps.. so little time!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hopefully this new update will speed it up a bit... hehe...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Looking forward to the update....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jedinight View Post
    i found that the psx.app calls for a all lowercase scph1001.bin....or at least mine did!!
    my scph1001.bin is in lowercase and in the app package but psx4all still gives me the cannot find bios errors...any suggestions? thanks

vince

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    scph1001.bin

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It worked for me and im so happy to finally play my ff7 game now. I tried doing other things that i read from other forums but none of it worked for me. THANK YOU!!! =D

No prob. to anyone else having issues, go check zodttd.com; in the forums there's a wealth of info. plus if you donate just a buck or two, you get access to even more info and early release betas of all of zod's great emulators: gba, nes, snes, psx, and soon to be genesis as well (any day now i think).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

has anyone had any success with version 0.2.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

NO!!! Keeps crashing and have pretty much given up on it.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123