+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDigger - BoulderDash for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by bklynsoulja stuck at level 7=[ Ditto. Finally got past level 3 because I didn't realize there was only a quota... I thought you had to get everything.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynsoulja View Post
    stuck at level 7=[
    Ditto. Finally got past level 3 because I didn't realize there was only a quota... I thought you had to get everything. Level 7, though... insane. It seems like its all based on luck. I've blown up the little dude to let out all the gold, but that isn't enough, which leads me to believe you need to blow him up at the very very top so that you can still roll a few rocks through and turn them to gold. However, that means you have to enter from all the way on the left, and still manage to blow him up without killing yourself, without rushing too far so that you cant push any boulders into the.... transmuter? Either way... insanely hard and borderline impossible unless I'm missing another gameplay mechanic I'm not aware of?

Either way, some tips from the developer would be appreciated!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chianti For This Useful Post:

bklynsoulja (12-26-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rashn View Post
    Oh, my God! Sorry, sorry, sorry my master!!! Please do not uninstall my programm. I will make all what you want - new interface and e.t.c. It will be free and ASAP

If you do not like this programm - do not use it...
    haha

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chianti View Post
    Ditto. Finally got past level 3 because I didn't realize there was only a quota... I thought you had to get everything. Level 7, though... insane. It seems like its all based on luck. I've blown up the little dude to let out all the gold, but that isn't enough, which leads me to believe you need to blow him up at the very very top so that you can still roll a few rocks through and turn them to gold. However, that means you have to enter from all the way on the left, and still manage to blow him up without killing yourself, without rushing too far so that you cant push any boulders into the.... transmuter? Either way... insanely hard and borderline impossible unless I'm missing another gameplay mechanic I'm not aware of?

Either way, some tips from the developer would be appreciated!!!
    man it soo hard i can prob get all of the dimonds but the freaking group of what ever they are it impossible to kill them all or run away from them lol omg there needs to be a hint button or there needs to be a gun so we can use it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here are some hints for level 7 so don't read if you don't want to know:

Make a path up just next to the vertical one and clear the path above above him from top down. Destroy him using top right boulder and blowing open the wall. Trap the top horizontal guy with the boulders to the left of the top row. Get diamonds. Don't free the bottom horizontal guy but clear around him so the escapees have a place to run. Then just make a path right of the bottom horizontal guy. Go back left and down to the bottom making the path to the right underneath the boulders. Let the boulders drop until they escape leaving 4 going crazy in the corner. Hope for the best. Straight up and to the right worked for me.

Level 8 isn't too bad. Some cat-like reflexes appear to be required for level 9.

Green Apple
    Thanks

=[ im confused how would u get 26 dimonds? i only got 24

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bklynsoulja View Post
    =[ im confused how would u get 26 dimonds? i only got 24
    It's the thing that converts boulders to diamonds.

A little comment though, the buttons are a little too sensitive. Sometimes, I accidentally die just because a put my finger a split second longer. I hope the next update fixes this.

Quote Originally Posted by psychonikeo View Post
    couldn't they make something that looks good? A game like this looks really crappy on my freaking amazing iPhone
    Use the "new sprites" interface. I find it easier on the eyes than the default.
    Last edited by toffeenut; 12-27-2007 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

planning on releasing the source ? That would be awsome

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The new sprites are much nicer. The loading of the new sprites is a bit annoying but you can set the new sprites to load as default by renaming the directories at: /Applications/iDigger.app/sprites-new to /Applications/iDigger.app/sprites

Though I recommend completing a level on your own, for 1.0 the level codes I have so far are:
    /Applications/iDigger.app/save/game.svg
    Code:
    Level 02 - 1029314
    Level 03 - 689694
    Level 04 - 397566
    Level 05 - 977783
    Level 06 - 257658
    Level 07 - 467040
    Level 08 - 625879
    Level 09 - 358334
    Just place the code in the file and nothing else. Works on my Touch at least.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol im stuck at level 9...is there any other level after that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraphy View Post
    The new sprites are much nicer. The loading of the new sprites is a bit annoying but you can set the new sprites to load as default by renaming the directories at: /Applications/iDigger.app/sprites-new to /Applications/iDigger.app/sprites

Though I recommend completing a level on your own, for 1.0 the level codes I have so far are:
    /Applications/iDigger.app/save/game.svg
    Code:
    Level 02 - 1029314
    Level 03 - 689694
    Level 04 - 397566
    Level 05 - 977783
    Level 06 - 257658
    Level 07 - 467040
    Level 08 - 625879
    Level 09 - 358334
    Just place the code in the file and nothing else. Works on my Touch at least.

Oh my God, the game was cracked

I will be change save level algorithm.

Level number #9 is very hard, but not impossible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will be change save level algorithm.
    Level number #9 is very hard, but not impossible.
    That's why I placed 1.0 in the above comment and if it was cracked I'd be on level 10. I just monitored the file on every level.

9 might not be impossible, but it is highly improbable I can't get in/out of the middle area most of the time because the controls are finicky.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh, my God! Sorry, sorry, sorry my master!!! Please do not uninstall my programm. I will make all what you want - new interface and e.t.c. It will be free and ASAP

If you do not like this programm - do not use it...
    well.. It didn't really get out the way I ment.. I like the program, but it would be even better if it could have an interface more iPhone-ic.

I didn't mean to break down the creators of this game.

but i like the way you're calling me master.. I think it fits me

Green Apple
    Thanks

stuck on level 9 for a long time now. I like the strategy levels that require thinking to collect all the diamonds, rather than split second movement controls to avoid the little Rastafarian guys. Its rough to so with the touch interface.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those playing iDigger, please check out my Rockfall game too!! You are the sort of people its aimed at...

www.pyrofersprojects.com/repos/repos.xml
    and
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=D-NwRvqWPJQ"]YouTube - iPod Touch / iPhone Rockfall game by ME![/ame]
    for a video if you dont want to install first.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    first of all, i love this game. I played the original one a very long time ago on an old eastern german home computer called KC85/3.

I remembered all the levels, so if anybody need some help ;-)
    it is so great that the game looks almost exactely like the original with only few exceptions like no "animated" diamonds and no side view of the "ghosts".

I won't complain because I'm so happy you ported the game I loved (and played) the most more than a decade ago but have to say that the controls make some levels very difficult. I still try to find a way to handle a two step action needed for level 9. You have to move so fast in the levels to come as I can remember but if you try to move quickly in to different dir (eg down-left or down-up) its like pressing the first dir the whole time.

Last for now, is there a chance in getting the original sounds too?

Anyway, wonderful job, please keep up the good work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SioSae View Post
    first of all, i love this game. I played the original one a very long time ago on an old eastern german home computer called KC85/3.

I remembered all the levels, so if anybody need some help ;-)
    it is so great that the game looks almost exactely like the original with only few exceptions like no "animated" diamonds and no side view of the "ghosts".

I won't complain because I'm so happy you ported the game I loved (and played) the most more than a decade ago but have to say that the controls make some levels very difficult. I still try to find a way to handle a two step action needed for level 9. You have to move so fast in the levels to come as I can remember but if you try to move quickly in to different dir (eg down-left or down-up) its like pressing the first dir the whole time.

Last for now, is there a chance in getting the original sounds too?

Anyway, wonderful job, please keep up the good work
    Yes, dear SioSae - i'm ported this game from DDR KC85/4 (i buy it in Jena, Thuringia 1990 year) first time for Windows (in 2001 year), now for iPhone. I glade to see you there.

About sounds - they already placed in game dir, but now i have some trouble with play sound in game. I new version all diamonds will be such in orginal game, may be and sound too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    its great to hear about a new version, rashn.
    did you thought about the profile view of the ghosts too (I always liked their big nose *g*)

Looking forward to the next release (maybe with some improvements of the controls, because I'm still stucked at level 9 ;-( )

Tried your windows version, unfortunately my MacBook Pro is far to fast for it because its not really playable.

By the way, which version do you have, there were different ones with different numbers of levels? The most common one had 30.

Keep up your good work. Still can't believe, digger made it onto my iPhone, you are Santa for me this year ;-)

two more thoughts about a new version (besides the splash screen, would be nice to see that one two ;-):
    - could you make the background of the buttons black because a custom springboard wallpaper will shine through
    - a code like possibility to get to the levels you once have passed would be nice
    Last edited by SioSae; 01-01-2008 at 07:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Level 8
    Ive been stuck on level 8 for 2 days, nobody has asked for help for this level so it seems im missing something, help.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeangtd View Post
    Ive been stuck on level 8 for 2 days, nobody has asked for help for this level so it seems im missing something, help.
    you have to stack all the rocks under the filter so no rock will fall through, then use the other filter to change the other rocks into diamonds.

The Best way to do this (or how I did it the fastest way) is to leave just one line of sand under the rocks and drop the last two on the right site. Then push one after another beginning from the left. After pushing the last one directely under the filter you can go on...
    Last edited by SioSae; 01-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply siosae, but i didnt get it, can you be a little more especific when you mencion de rocks and the filter, I mean specific in the way that you point out exactlly wich set of rocks and wich filter you are talking about.

Thank you very much

Ok I got it, Thanx
    Last edited by jeangtd; 01-01-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost