Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Dial App

Default Speed Dial App
    Has anyone else tried this app? It just appeared in installer last night from Big Boss. I don't agree with the statement in the "more info" section that Apple forgot this as this is very similar to the Favorites option in the phone app. It does have some potential advantages -- ability to rename the contact using a nickname or shorter version than normally stored in your contacts (which is what Favorites uses); ability to tie a picture to the speed dial. However, it currently has some significant drawbacks as well -- inability to select the name/number from the contacts, instead you must type both the name and number in; inability to load pictures from those stored on the phone as you can with the contacts app. If these two things get corrected this would be a decent improvement over the Favorites function.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHiPhone View Post
    Has anyone else tried this app? It just appeared in installer last night from Big Boss. I don't agree with the statement in the "more info" section that Apple forgot this as this is very similar to the Favorites option in the phone app. It does have some potential advantages -- ability to rename the contact using a nickname or shorter version than normally stored in your contacts (which is what Favorites uses); ability to tie a picture to the speed dial. However, it currently has some significant drawbacks as well -- inability to select the name/number from the contacts, instead you must type both the name and number in; inability to load pictures from those stored on the phone as you can with the contacts app. If these two things get corrected this would be a decent improvement over the Favorites function.
    You are complaining!!!!!!!! What have you written!!!!!

Hats off to Big Boss. People like Big Boss are what makes this board even exist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Hats off to Big Boss. People like Big Boss are what makes this board even exist!!!
    Actually, I think that was more constructive criticism than anything. There is nothing wrong with making feature requests, AFAIK.

Thanks

Great third post!

Thumbs up A nicer way for a feature request......
    I think a nicer way to request a programmer to add features would be to say:

Big Boss,
    I like your Speed Dial App. Thanks for taking the time to share your work with others. I realize that you had said in another post you had written this for your wife and decided to share it with others. That's great.
    If you were interested in releasing another revision I have few ideas that would make this a killer app!

Is there any way to get the speed dial contact info from the existing contacts?

Is there a possibilty of using a picture already on my iPhone?

Big Boss, thanks for your apps. I proudly use them and show your great work off to my friends. I work for a medical equipment manufacturer. We design hardware and software. Adding software features can be a sensitive issue. When approached in the proper manner it's amazing what a motivated coder can achieve.
    Thanks for your great work.

I think a nicer way to request a programmer to add features would be to say:

Big Boss,
    I like your Speed Dial App. Thanks for taking the time to share your work with others. I realize that you had said in another post you had written this for your wife and decided to share it with others. That's great.
    If you were interested in releasing another revision I have few ideas that would make this a killer app!

Is there any way to get the speed dial contact info from the existing contacts?

Is there a possibilty of using a picture already on my iPhone?

Big Boss, thanks for your apps. I proudly use them and show your great work off to my friends. I work for a medical equipment manufacturer. We design hardware and software. Adding software features can be a sensitive issue. When approached in the proper manner it's amazing what a motivated coder can achieve.
    Thanks for your great work.
    Great PR !

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

cool cool but...please dont hate me...isnt this the same as favorites on your phone...?
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.