+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [game] Labyrinth v1.0 :D

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
it looks good! great job! Available on installer
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default [game] Labyrinth v1.0 :D
    it looks good! great job!
    Available on installer
    iPhone 1.1.2 8GB
    Orange/Cosmote RO.
    Fully functional!

Favorites: Categories, ShowTime Unlimited, CameraPro + crack , iSMS, Listen

...and don't forget the thanks button

Thanks

not now ! with the new update they charge for the game now thats not good

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

True, the new version is a commercial demo, and I think there should be a warning of that in the description. But, I think it's fair to ask for payment for your work. We're getting an amazing free ride while most of these things get developed, but I don't find it realistic to expect it to continue indefinitely.

The new version is greatly improved in smoothness and stability (no more screen flashing!), the new levels look much better and there are many more of them.

I'd love to see an option to turn off the timed play, however. For those who haven't tried it, the new version has a time limit for each level, so it's a race against the clock.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 12-20-2007 at 10:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea, its fair to ask for payment but to take away a fully functional program, glitchy or not and replace it with a commercial demo without warning is very poor business and unfair to the iphone community.

iPhone? More like MyPhone runningwild's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, this is what i feared. The beginnings of commercialization of open-source third party software.

Well the first version wasn't great anyways so i guess its fine with me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, its fair to ask for payment but to take away a fully functional program, glitchy or not and replace it with a commercial demo without warning is very poor business and unfair to the iphone community.
    This is true. Let us all hope we're not getting a taste of whats to come with the February SDK. Please dear God no.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

The free demo is fun enough. It works better than the previous version and it's a great app for showing off the iPhone.

However, now that I've solved the demo level pack, I can't reset back to level 1. Is there something I can do to get back to level 1?
    Last edited by sftl99; 12-21-2007 at 10:49 AM.
    ...Insert obscenely large signature picture that takes up way too much space and nobody cares to see...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I second that

Thanks

I am actually using the calibrated level that came with this app more than the demo app.
    I have a calibrated flat table at work tht I layed the phone flat on, and hit calibrate. Its a great little tool that could be its own app. IMO much better than the other level apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skeredmobile's Avatar
    Thanks

is there a way to downgrade to the previous release?

although the other one was not as smooth, it had more levels and i didnt have to pay.....i dont mind donating but when u force me to pay.... i get turned off

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sftl99 View Post
    The free demo is fun enough. It works better than the previous version and it's a great app for showing off the iPhone.

However, now that I've solved the demo level pack, I can't reset back to level 1. Is there something I can do to get back to level 1?
    Uninstalling & redownloading from Installer should work, or you can reset the level count here:

/var/root/Media/Labyrinth/settings.plist

there are keys for CurrentLevel and MaxCompletedLevel in that plist.

I believe you can simply delete that settings.plist and it will start from scratch.

Personally, I just bought it. For $7, I think it adds a lot of fun to the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by skeredmobile View Post
    is there a way to downgrade to the previous release?

although the other one was not as smooth, it had more levels and i didnt have to pay.....i dont mind donating but when u force me to pay.... i get turned off
    For those that want the old version, it looks to be still available here:

http://iphone.exploit.org/pxl/Labyrinth-0.4.0.pxl

UPDATE:

I'm no longer supporting this developer, since he's abandoned the folks who PAID for the 1.x release.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 07-28-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skeredmobile View Post
    .....i dont mind donating but when u force me to pay.... i get turned off
    Did you donate previous to this release?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    This is true. Let us all hope we're not getting a taste of whats to come with the February SDK. Please dear God no.
    As a developer, it's disheartening to see active board members complaining about a small sum of money for the hard work of developers. I think a lot of folks underestimate that immense amount of time that goes into these applications. Especially at a stage where documentation is almost non-existant and the development community it figuring things out for it's self.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier79 View Post
    As a developer, it's disheartening to see active board members complaining about a small sum of money for the hard work of developers. I think a lot of folks underestimate that immense amount of time that goes into these applications. Especially at a stage where documentation is almost non-existant and the development community it figuring things out for it's self.
    I completely agree with you that developers should be compensated for their work. However, you neglected to mention that you (not you in particular, but you in general) basically get free beta testing and feedback from MANY people here. I think its unfair to update the program to a semi-functioning demo, without warning or thanks to the testers.

I think that if this was the intention all along, that should have been stated from the beginning. Instead the community was just used, and then burned. Its not that big of a deal, but alot of members spent a good deal of time testing and reporting bugs. Im not saying the program should be kept free, but a little recognition or discount would be nice. I really hope that this trend doesnt continue as more apps get released.
    Last edited by EmoRebellion; 12-21-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    I completely agree with you that developers should be compensated for their work. However, you neglected to mention that you (not you in particular, but you in general) basically get free beta testing and feedback from MANY people here. I think its unfair to update the program to a semi-functioning demo, without warning or thanks to the testers.
    I don't understand the attitude of all you freeloaders. You get so much for nothing that now you think it's OWED to you...for all your "beta testing". Excuse me but you are voluntarily downloading these cool apps and utilities and using them...not because you are so generous with your time to test....but because you want the apps. Who are you kidding??

I think that if this was the intention all along, that should have been stated from the beginning. Instead the community was just used, and then burned. Its not that big of a deal, but alot of members spent a good deal of time testing and reporting bugs. Im not saying the program should be kept free, but a little recognition or discount would be nice. I really hope that this trend doesnt continue as more apps get released.
    You know what? Consider the DEMO levels your discount. You are still getting a great program to play with and demo (show off) to your buddies. Stop reporting your bugs and stop feeling burned. You weren't burned. You got something which took a great deal of effort for NO EFFORT on your part. Say thank you and move on, if you're so offended. Take your $7 and go buy something you will enjoy more.

Thanks

Hey man, Ive probably donated more money to developers here than most, so figure out who you're talking to before you call someone a freeloader. What have you contributed?

Im sorry if I came off like a ****, but like I stated before I do agree that people should be compensated for their work. I am not against people charging for apps, but not without warning. If I had known, i would have probably kept my free version on, then decided if it was worth my money to upgrade. I never said I was offended, just that I hope this trend doesnt continue with all of our free apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im sorry if I came off like a ****, but like I stated before I do agree that people should be compensated for their work. I am not against people charging for apps, but not without warning. If I had known, i would have probably kept my free version on, then decided if it was worth my money to upgrade. I never said I was offended, just that I hope this trend doesnt continue with all of our free apps.
    I can totally understand that. I didn't interpret your first comment exactly the way you meant it I don't think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I am a developer (not for iPhone) and have been an active $$ contributer and beta tester for several programs including MS. From both sides of the fence it is only right to post that you are going to start charging for your program. i.e. Thanks to all the hard work of our team (if there was a team) and all the feedback we are ready to launch our program commercially. Please feel free to continue to use the beta version for free. However, our comercial release will be $7.00."
    I too have been enjoying these aps but knowing that they (most) are beta and are prepairing for their official non beta release. With that said i download the updates to both enjoy the functionality and assist the developers with feedback. What people dont see is that the feedback is important to the developers.. like the flickering problem with this one with regards to some other aps that could have caused it.

Bottom line if this is no longer a beta than yup charge and we all should pay. There is alot of work that goes into play and people should be rewarded appropriatly. What we shouldnt see is a bunch of cursing and wining on both sides of the fence. I am sure that the developers had every intention to letting people know about the charge prior to download and simply forgot. But.... They did write in a functional demo for free...

As for Dripps comment... Please watch who you are calling freeloaders! Alot of people on this site donate and your assumption is ignorant at best. Some people including myself have poured thousands supporting fellow developers through paypal. Perhaps some are upset that their donations didnt get recognized by the developer and now have to pay again... Always two sides to every story and complaint...

Now lets all support these guys and not start a hate frenzie in a place where education and the sharing of such is what we all come here for or at least thats what most of us..

Regards

Dennis

Just my $.02

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    As for Dripps comment... Please watch who you are calling freeloaders! Alot of people on this site donate and your assumption is ignorant at best. Some people including myself have poured thousands supporting fellow developers through paypal. Perhaps some are upset that their donations didnt get recognized by the developer and now have to pay again...
    QFT!

Thanks

I am all about donating and I already have to multiple apps but I will have to hold off on "purchasing" since there is no telling if this will still be functional once Apple starts blessing 3rd party apps.
    ...Insert obscenely large signature picture that takes up way too much space and nobody cares to see...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have to buy it now and its timed?!?!?! what the f*ck is that?