+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Update] vWallpaper v0.92 with Video Ringtone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
vWallpaper has been updated to v0.92. This adds video ringtones. As with VideoTone, you can now choose a video ringtone to play when a call comes in. There is a
    Thanks

Default [Update] vWallpaper v0.92 now with Video Ringtone
    vWallpaper has been updated to v0.92. This adds video ringtones.
    As with VideoTone, you can now choose a video ringtone to play
    when a call comes in. There is a list of videos to download. A coming
    feature would be the ability to assign individual video ringtones to your
    contacts.

vWallpaper video ringtones do NOT vibrate when ringing if vibrate is
    switched off.

It also respects the state of the ringer mute switch.

You can get it from the repo i.danstaface.net

You need to install SkrewCommon 1.48 first, then vWallpaper v0.92.

Be sure to restart the iPhone to get it to work.

Videos are stored here:

/private/var/mobile/Media/Skrew/vRingtones

Last edited by jrentzke; 07-04-2008 at 05:21 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Upgraded both SkrewCommon and vWallpaper and now i cant make any calls. Dont know what happened. I'm on 1.1.4 and used iLiberty+ to unlock/activate/jailbreak.
    Tried to uninstall and reinstall and it didnt help. Hope i can fix this without restoring.
    Any help is appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like a great alternative to videotone... but... i'm gonna wait to install until we figure out that no-calls business.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

would be a nice option to have a feature for random VideoTones... That way your not seeing or hearing the same thing all the time.

Thanks

@raptorjr: Did you power the phone down? Sounds strange, working fine here. Maybe you need to install SUID lib fix from installer?
    I've also got the latest VideoTones (v1.2) installed, but switched off. So the two can live happily together.
    Have you got Kate, iBlacklist, Intelliscreen, iLog or anything like that installed?

Thanks

I have the SUID lib fix already installed, and i did power down the phone. Installed vWallpaper first since i knew that SkrewCommon wanted me to reboot the phone. Dont have Kate, IBlacklist, IntelliSceen or iLog. Have about 20 apps installed besides the default ones. Mostly games, but also SMSD and SwirlyMMS.
    All apps worked fine until i upgraded vWallpaper and SkrevCommon.

It's not like i get No Service. But the mobile operator text in the top left corner dont show, and i have no reception. If i scan for available operators i find two. But if i select any of them and return to SB i get a popup telling me that the operator is not available and that i can return to settings and choose another. But non works.

Dont know how i can find the problem without restoring. Tried to get a login to the Skrew forums, but never get any email with a password.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    would be a nice option to have a feature for random VideoTones... That way your not seeing or hearing the same thing all the time.
    great idea!

it's also be nice if there was a video preview built in, rather than having to go into filebrowser to see them.

(and can you make it so they disappear from the download list after you download them?)
    Last edited by billchase2; 07-04-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

@raptorjr: I've had that no service problem before, but it turned out to be a faulty sim. Maybe just try your sim in another phone & see if it works before thinking of a restore. Maybe the sim has just gone faulty?
    Also, if you have another sim try that in the iphone, as I've also had this strange problem once where one sim just stopped working on my iphone, even though it worked in any other phone.

Thanks

Works fine for me! Now if we could only designate the videos for paticular callers. <3 Hehe but great app addition none the less!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    I have the SUID lib fix already installed, and i did power down the phone. Installed vWallpaper first since i knew that SkrewCommon wanted me to reboot the phone. Dont have Kate, IBlacklist, IntelliSceen or iLog. Have about 20 apps installed besides the default ones. Mostly games, but also SMSD and SwirlyMMS.
    All apps worked fine until i upgraded vWallpaper and SkrevCommon.

It's not like i get No Service. But the mobile operator text in the top left corner dont show, and i have no reception. If i scan for available operators i find two. But if i select any of them and return to SB i get a popup telling me that the operator is not available and that i can return to settings and choose another. But non works.

Dont know how i can find the problem without restoring. Tried to get a login to the Skrew forums, but never get any email with a password.

Hi,

Don't know about your problem, sorry.
    Try uninstalling skrewcommon on reboot. If problem are still here, then you have to look away (try jrentzke suggestion)

For your mail problem, you use comcast, right ? Comcast are banned my server ip for spamming (i even don't send a mailing list!) and i already wrote 3 mails without any reply...
    iPhone 4 / iPad 2
    http://i.danstaface.net

11. The Following User Says Thank You to skrew For This Useful Post:

acaijr73 (07-04-2008)

Thanks

I'll try to install and uninstall some more times, would be sad to have to restore.
    I used a hotmail address for registration on your forum. But thanks for your help here.
    I guess i was unlucky, but sometimes it goes that way with the iPhone. I'm not the first one having problem with 3rd party software, although the first with these versions of SkrevCommon and vWallpaper.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anyone tried to create there own vringtone what length and format must they be in

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skrew View Post
    Hi,

Don't know about your problem, sorry.
    Try uninstalling skrewcommon on reboot. If problem are still here, then you have to look away (try jrentzke suggestion)

For your mail problem, you use comcast, right ? Comcast are banned my server ip for spamming (i even don't send a mailing list!) and i already wrote 3 mails without any reply...
    I dont think its the IP fault its Skrew Common thats bugging your phone.... i had vwallpaper installed and it kept freezing and i was losin my touch screen sensors my phone and it took like 6-7 times rebooting to catch itself then an update to skrew common came out and i still had the same problem this time i get my phone losing connection with the data servers on my cell provider now im sitting here rebooting my phone to get the phone to re register the my cell provider but im gotta do it 6-7 times cuz i was loosing my touch screen sensors and it took that many reboots to catch it self.... my iphone almost became a fancy paper weight a few times..... I uninstalled skrew common and the fone been running fine ever since..

Im in no way Dissing the programs that i.danstface has cuz i like the vwallpaper n rwallpaper but the skrew common coding needs to be worked and fine tuned......

I have one question though...Why do we need the skrew common becuz when rwallpaper first came out there was no need for it then an upgrade came out for rwallpaper all of a sudden its say i need skrew common
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Thanks

Length can be anything. 320x480 .mp4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acaijr73 View Post
    I dont think its the IP fault its Skrew Common thats bugging your phone.... i had vwallpaper installed and it kept freezing and i was losin my touch screen sensors my phone and it took like 6-7 times rebooting to catch itself then an update to skrew common came out and i still had the same problem this time i get my phone losing connection with the data servers on my cell provider now im sitting here rebooting my phone to get the phone to re register the my cell provider but im gotta do it 6-7 times cuz i was loosing my touch screen sensors and it took that many reboots to catch it self.... my iphone almost became a fancy paper weight a few times..... I uninstalled skrew common and the fone been running fine ever since..

Im in no way Dissing the programs that i.danstface has cuz i like the vwallpaper n rwallpaper but the skrew common coding needs to be worked and fine tuned......

I have one question though...Why do we need the skrew common becuz when rwallpaper first came out there was no need for it then an upgrade came out for rwallpaper all of a sudden its say i need skrew common
    Yes, i had some problems with the latest updates to SkrewCommon. For the last 2-3 updates my phone has completely freezed after the update. And i had to press both the powerbutton and the homebutton to turn it off. Before i never had any problem rebooting after a SkrewCommon update. Dont know if that is connected with my current problems.

Thanks

yea stay away from SkrewCommon because we all have it in 'common' that it 'skrew's up or iPhones. Simple as dat, I had to restore it at least twice because of installing that, stay away from it and just use the alternatives like "VideosTone".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am not able to download any of the video ringtones...it downloads but it doesn't appear in the selection area.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    yea stay away from SkrewCommon because we all have it in 'common' that it 'skrew's up or iPhones. Simple as dat, I had to restore it at least twice because of installing that, stay away from it and just use the alternatives like "VideosTone".
    Not had any problems with SkrewCommon but I can tell you that VideosTone does not like to be uninstalled I got a script error and now can not get it out of my setup menu.

Thanks

skrewcommon in connection with iFastSwitch does feel a bit unstable at times. It freezes up my phone sometimes when I pull the menu down.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so... is this better than videotones then?