Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: WinSCP for MACS?

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Windsor Locks, CT
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Default WinSCP for MACS?
    I got ssh running and install apps on my XP machine at work. It's great. Wondering if there is a WinSCP style app, with the GUI, for Mac? I've search google and found things like Fugu, Fetch and Cyberduck. Cannot get them to connect.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    I got ssh running and install apps on my XP machine at work. It's great. Wondering if there is a WinSCP style app, with the GUI, for Mac? I've search google and found things like Fugu, Fetch and Cyberduck. Cannot get them to connect.

    I was in the exact same situation you were in, I couldn't get any of those to connect. I believe there is a way to add an shtp client to your iphone via one of the binkits available so that you could use one of those apps like fugu, but I had no idea how to do that. So I restarted my intel imac in windows xp, and used winscp to do it and it connected right away.... I know that probly of no help to you, but that was my solution, I was just lucky I got around to installing windows on my machine a while back...

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, California, United States
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Here's how to do it. SFTP on your iPhone.
    I was in the same boat as you, until I found this: use the attached sftp server. Use WinSCP to put it on your iPhone, goes is usr/libexec/ give it 0777 for permissions. Restart your iPhone and you can now connect with any sftp client - I've successfully used MacFusion, Transmit, and CyberDuck. MacFusion looks the best, integrated with the Finder, but I had trouble setting permissions with it. CyberDuck is good, and free.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Thanks organik, I was forgetting to change the permissions to 0777 on that file. I'm sure this will help Gregg as well

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Windsor Locks, CT
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    thanks guys.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I was in the same boat as you, until I found this: use the attached sftp server. Use WinSCP to put it on your iPhone, goes is usr/libexec/ give it 0777 for permissions. Restart your iPhone and you can now connect with any sftp client - I've successfully used MacFusion, Transmit, and CyberDuck. MacFusion looks the best, integrated with the Finder, but I had trouble setting permissions with it. CyberDuck is good, and free.
    Please remove those links they are useless and confusing they are plain spam leading to paid ads!
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,482
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

    Huh?
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    Please remove those links they are useless and confusing they are plain spam leading to paid ads!
    Thanks
    He didn't place those hotlinks into his thread, the Forum automatically does that when you type certain words. It's called paid advertisment, and I'm pretty sure it's what allows the owners of MMi to keep the site up and running.

  9. #9
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,482
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

    Oh yah. This place eats up bandwidth like a hog at feeding time. Gotta have SOME way to cover those costs.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  10. #10
    fugu has built in scp support ... for "unsupported" files .. (eg: folders)
    fugu does everything ... i find it so amazing ..
    i <3 fugu
    Best Regards

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •