Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinSCP for MACS?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Default WinSCP for MACS?
    I got ssh running and install apps on my XP machine at work. It's great. Wondering if there is a WinSCP style app, with the GUI, for Mac? I've search google and found things like Fugu, Fetch and Cyberduck. Cannot get them to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    I got ssh running and install apps on my XP machine at work. It's great. Wondering if there is a WinSCP style app, with the GUI, for Mac? I've search google and found things like Fugu, Fetch and Cyberduck. Cannot get them to connect.

I was in the exact same situation you were in, I couldn't get any of those to connect. I believe there is a way to add an shtp client to your iphone via one of the binkits available so that you could use one of those apps like fugu, but I had no idea how to do that. So I restarted my intel imac in windows xp, and used winscp to do it and it connected right away.... I know that probly of no help to you, but that was my solution, I was just lucky I got around to installing windows on my machine a while back...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Here's how to do it. SFTP on your iPhone.
    I was in the same boat as you, until I found this: use the attached sftp server. Use WinSCP to put it on your iPhone, goes is usr/libexec/ give it 0777 for permissions. Restart your iPhone and you can now connect with any sftp client - I've successfully used MacFusion, Transmit, and CyberDuck. MacFusion looks the best, integrated with the Finder, but I had trouble setting permissions with it. CyberDuck is good, and free.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks organik, I was forgetting to change the permissions to 0777 on that file. I'm sure this will help Gregg as well

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I was in the same boat as you, until I found this: use the attached sftp server. Use WinSCP to put it on your iPhone, goes is usr/libexec/ give it 0777 for permissions. Restart your iPhone and you can now connect with any sftp client - I've successfully used MacFusion, Transmit, and CyberDuck. MacFusion looks the best, integrated with the Finder, but I had trouble setting permissions with it. CyberDuck is good, and free.
    Please remove those links they are useless and confusing they are plain spam leading to paid ads!
    Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Huh?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    Please remove those links they are useless and confusing they are plain spam leading to paid ads!
    Thanks
    He didn't place those hotlinks into his thread, the Forum automatically does that when you type certain words. It's called paid advertisment, and I'm pretty sure it's what allows the owners of MMi to keep the site up and running.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Oh yah. This place eats up bandwidth like a hog at feeding time. Gotta have SOME way to cover those costs.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

fugu has built in scp support ... for "unsupported" files .. (eg: folders)
    fugu does everything ... i find it so amazing ..
    i <3 fugu
    Best Regards