Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SMSd 0.9 works great

  1. #1
    Default SMSd 0.9 works great
    SMSd 0.9 is out and works great.

    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-smsd/

    ChangeLog Dec 13. 2007: v0.09

    * New Feature : Unread SMS will be shown in red.
    * New Feature : Number of unread SMS will be shown in red circle on the icon.
    * New Feature : Character Counter
    * New Feature : Long SMS (more than 160 chars) are sent as one message and not as multiple split messages.
    * Fix : Unicode (chinese etc.) SMS are sent properly.
    * Fix : Wrong message was deleted when Message screen is changed using arrow buttons.
    * Fix : SMS send was slow/timing out.

  2. #2
    Cool. But how do u install it manually? Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by geircito View Post
    SMSd 0.9 is out and works great.

    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-smsd/

    ChangeLog Dec 13. 2007: v0.09

    * New Feature : Unread SMS will be shown in red.
    * New Feature : Number of unread SMS will be shown in red circle on the icon.
    * New Feature : Character Counter
    * New Feature : Long SMS (more than 160 chars) are sent as one message and not as multiple split messages.
    * Fix : Unicode (chinese etc.) SMS are sent properly.
    * Fix : Wrong message was deleted when Message screen is changed using arrow buttons.
    * Fix : SMS send was slow/timing out.

  3. #3
    downloded just restarting my iphone
    and installing manually through WinSCp

    man checked it working perfectly love it donation appriciated.
    Last edited by mashom; 12-13-2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    Cool. But how do u install it manually? Thanks.
    To install manually:

    Put the extracted zip dir (SMSD.app) in /Applications on iPhone. From v0.09 onwards, you will also have to copy com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons. And last but not the least, dont forget to set executable permissions for SMSD and SMSDNotifier files.

    Or

    Install it using installer.app.

    A Big Thanks to Mark Hedley and Eddie Wall for their help in testing this app.

    Donations accepted now at paypal : [email protected]

    Great app!! Apple who?!
    Later,
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

    =The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:

    vikasmal (12-14-2007)

  6. #5
    iPhoneaholic ReVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BOOTLOADER
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 526 Times in 109 Posts

    It hasn't been updated on Installer as yet!

  7. #6
    Default SMSD 0.09 in installer.app
    Hello,

    It should be available in installer.app by tomorrow.

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

    fungjoe (12-13-2007)

  9. #7
    Can you help and advise me how to install it ?

  10. #8
    The source http://install.ifon.no has v0.0.9 for download.

  11. #9
    Default Installer.app source
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    The source http://install.ifon.no has v0.0.9 for download.
    Hello,

    Use this source only if you really have to. The official repository for SMSD is and will be Ste Source. Currently Ste and I are working to make sure that SMSD is interop-ing with the other apps. It will be available in a day or two.

    Thanks,
    -Amrut!

  12. #10

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    wrong post.
    Wrong post?!

    He made this app!! You might wanna show some respect or at least thank him!!

    Later,
    RaMod!
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

    =The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

  14. #12
    wow.. great... 0.8 sms juz stuck ... now it can send out...
    Last edited by CryptXus; 12-14-2007 at 09:18 AM.

  15. #13
    I Think This App Is Really Cool And All, But It Would Be Even Great If It Served The Same Purpose As The Original Text Message For The Iphone...where Its Not Individual For Eaach Text For One Person...i Like The Setup Now Where U Are Able To Read The Whole Conversation U Have Texting With One Person...its Like Ur In An Aim Conversation.....any Chance This App Might Serve The Same Person Soon In Updates?

  16. #14
    It would be really good time to post the code to google code website.
    I see the svn repository being empty.

  17. #15
    Since WinSCp is for Windows. What can I use for Macs to install SMSd app?

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird0007 View Post
    Since WinSCp is for Windows. What can I use for Macs to install SMSd app?

    Why don't you just use the INSTALLER APP?!?? Whenever you have to manually install or change something - it just adds up to something going wrong....If you don't even know what program to use, I HIGHLY recommend you install for the Installer and the resources mentioned in this thread.

    Not being an *****...Just helping you NOT to kill your phone or some setting..

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    To install manually:

    Put the extracted zip dir (SMSD.app) in /Applications on iPhone. From v0.09 onwards, you will also have to copy com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons. And last but not the least, dont forget to set executable permissions for SMSD and SMSDNotifier files.

    Or

    Install it using installer.app.

    A Big Thanks to Mark Hedley and Eddie Wall for their help in testing this app.

    Donations accepted now at paypal : [email protected]

    Great app!! Apple who?!
    Later,

    After I extracted the zip and put the SMSD app in applications, where do I get the com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons? And also, how do I set the executable permissions for SMSD and SMSDNotifier files?

    I know, thanks. I just wanted to how as much as I can with the iphone
    Last edited by jbird0007; 12-14-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #18
    hi Amrut, sorry but unable to open smsd 0.9, keeps crashing. :-(

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    hi Amrut, sorry but unable to open smsd 0.9, keeps crashing. :-(
    Did you SSH and then chMOD to 0755 on the folder?
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  22. #20
    I have Arabic keyboard but when I'm trying to send/forward SMS, the receiver gets strange characters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •