+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Poll] - FLIPSILENT for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default [Poll] - FLIPSILENT for iPhone
    Hi guys

I think you know that many nokia cell phones operating symbian have a cool feature called flipsilent, wich means you only need to flip the cell phone with its face down and the call gets "automagically" disconnected.
    Well, iPhone users will have this pretty soon, cause ive managed to make it work nicely on mine.
    So im planning to put it as an Extra feature on my software (iBlacklist). Please tell me how nice it would be for you to have this feature, or if it sucks

Please check this video on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3Pn38B-8A]YouTube - FlipToSilent for iPhone[/ame]

Thanks to all iBlacklist users !!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I would love this feature, but I would rather see it as a stand-alone app, than integrated in iBlacklist, which I don't use or need.

Thanks

iPhone has a similar function built in not many people know about or pay attention to. On an incoming call, pressing the sleep button once will silence the ringer, pressing it twice will disconnect the call.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

redwolf (09-09-2009), stocis (06-27-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    iPhone has a similar function built in not many people know about or pay attention to. On an incoming call, pressing the sleep button once will silence the ringer, pressing it twice will disconnect the call.
    How is this similar? Every mobile phone can silence the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, but we are talking about doing that by turning the phone over instead.

And I think that turning it over should just silence the ringer, not disconnect the call.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, this video is just a little demo of its potential uses. Ill manage to let the user do nice things by configuring it, so it will be possible to switch ring off, disconnect the call, and many other things. Thats the reason of this poll, im interest in your opinions guys !!!

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    How is this similar? Every mobile phone can silence the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, but we are talking about doing that by turning the phone over instead.
    Similar as in performing the same function, using a different action. There's a really cool App called WeDict you may want to try out.

@spektro: An excellent idea on the surface, my only fear is flipping the phone over with the front panel being glass. Not everyone would be a gentle turning the phone over as you are in your video.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

nice but what if ur iPhone already was faced down
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Thanks
    Similar as in performing the same function, using a different action. There's a really cool App called WeDict you may want to try out.
    Wow, sarcasm.. and so witty too...

Sure, by the definition of the word, you are correct, but you are completely ignoring the context. Like I said, every single phone can mute the ringer or disconnect the call by pressing a button, and by your logic, every phone has a similar function to the accelerometer based function. Yeah...

My old Sony ericsson T60 has a similar internet browser to the one in the iPhone.

@spektro: An excellent idea on the surface, my only fear is flipping the phone over with the front panel being glass. Not everyone would be a gentle turning the phone over as you are in your video.
    I actually think that the glass is more resistant to scratches than the back. Or at least, I hope so.

This is probably one of those things you will only have the chance to use once or twice, but when you do, it's almost gonna be a rush..
    Last edited by scsi; 06-27-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks

Great idea, go for it!
    Last edited by jrentzke; 06-29-2008 at 01:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

GREAT looks nice. Though a quicker hang up response would seem a necessity if Im in a meeting or at the movies and forget the silent switch.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. About a faster response, it takes 1 second to act. Ill try to tune up for a faster action.

Also, yes, it works on lock state too, and if the phone is down, it still accept the call and the user needs to face up the phone and then face down again to perform the block. I think a setup to tell if the cell phone is face down, to act instantly or need to face up and down again for it to act will be added, along with the silent ring or disconnect action.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree with couple of the above suggestions: turn over to silence/send to voicemail not disconnect and make as a stand alone app. Other than that pretty cool!

Thanks
    I really look forward to trying this.

Thanks

How bout shaking it to send a call to voicemail?
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

My iPhone is a Part of Me stocis's Avatar
    Thanks

shaking will be nice yes.. but let me just comment on something.. why on earth should i put my iphone face down on any surface? i'd like my screen clean and unmarked thank u very much.

i'm perfectly fine using the left volume bar or press the hangup button rather than flipping my iphone

i'm not being harsh, just logical
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Thanks

Although its cool in theory... its not very practical. It seems kind of pointless really when you think about it. It seems that it would be easier to just tap the IGNORE button with your finger to send it to voicemail instead of having to grab the phone and flip it over...

I think a better approach would be to make it function in a way that when the phone was face down you wouldnt receive any calls(not even a vibration), it would in essence blacklist everyone! except for the people on your favorites list...

Now that would be a cool function. What do you think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifini's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting idea

But the option to turn on/off this feature is a must. Why?

Sometimes I have my iPhone in my back pocket and when I take it out when a call comes in, sometimes the orientation is facing down. I do not want to cut off the call accidentally

Just my 2 cents

As always keep up the good work Spektro

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

maybe its just me, but i think this feature is dumb.

maybe only good for those who had a phone in the past that had this feature that they got used to using. but whats wrong with hitting a button? might as well make a "shake to unlock" feature since u dont wanna hit any buttons. lazy *** people lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

20. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

stocis (07-02-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems like i'm the only one who has some smooth ground around to make a perfect landing, surrounded by papers all over my desk...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how about the feature to auto respond to sms messages!