Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Application Launch] Instinctiv Shuffle: The Shuffle Killer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default [Application Launch] Instinctiv Shuffle: The Shuffle Killer
    We've Finally Killed the Shuffle...Introducing the Instinctive Shuffle

Remember the last time you turned on iTunes shuffle? Remember how frustrating it was having to skip to a new song every couple of minutes? Yeah. We’ve been there, and we finally decided to do something about it.

Here at the Instinctiv lab, we applied our cool machine learning with the goal of transforming the shuffle. After months of work, we’re finally launching the fruits of our labor, the Instinctiv Shuffle. Instinctiv Shuffle is a “smart shuffle”. It uses your skip behavior to know exactly what you want to hear.

We think of the Instinctiv Shuffle as a new way to unleash the power of your music library. Instead of a random shuffle, our “smart shuffle” uses advanced AI to analyze what music you want to hear based on the songs you skip and the ones you don’t. Within just a few skips, we can play only the right songs that fit your current mood and activity.

Read more at our website: Instinctiv.com

How to Download

We are located in the ModMyIphone community source, go to MultiMedia >> Instinctiv Shuffle
    Warning: only Firmware 1.1.4 compatible

How does it really work?

1. When you turn on Instinctiv Shuffle, it replaces your regular Shuffle in iTunes.
    2. Just switch it on and it will begin playing YOUR music.
    3. Every time you skip a song, we determine based on the songs you skipped and the ones you didn't, EXACTLY the right song that you’re interested in hearing at that moment.

Whether you’re working out, walking in the park or on a roadtrip, our new Instinctiv Shuffle will be able to understand what you want to hear within just a few skips.

Features:

• Instinctiv Shuffle revolutionizes the Shuffle experience
    • Plugs directly into your current iTunes (by the way our uninstall process is completely painless. Not that you would ever uninstall)

Bottom line: FREE TO USERS. No it’s not a demo, and we don’t have Ads. The only thing we ask is that you tell everyone else about your experience, if you like it *Thank Us* on this forum and bump our thread so everyone else can enjoy too!

See our Youtube Video at:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDCdbxK758]Instinctiv Shuffle: The Shuffle Killer[/ame]

Best,
    The Instinctiv Team
    Last edited by InstinctivShuffle; 06-25-2008 at 11:14 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InstinctivShuffle For This Useful Post:

abishekm (07-10-2008), Adplaya (06-28-2008), ajustcircle (06-28-2008), Alperovich (06-26-2008), DanielM_86 (06-26-2008), msboy2011 (06-26-2008), redwolf (01-10-2009)

Sounds awesome. I have a collection of songs that I don't always listen to, but like having for some occasions, so this might be great. Going to try it out right now.

/edit: Main Script Execution Failed.

/edit2: Nevermind, restarted my phone and now it works fine.
    Last edited by Blax; 06-25-2008 at 11:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blax View Post
    Sounds awesome. I have a collection of songs that I don't always listen to, but like having for some occasions, so this might be great. Going to try it out right now.

/edit: Main Script Execution Failed.

/edit2: Nevermind, restarted my phone and now it works fine.
    Great! Tell us what you think about it after you've downloaded. We're getting alot of downloads right now so if you can't get it, please be patient and we'll definitely get there by the morning

Quick update everyone:

We've just 1000 downloads in about two hours! Thanks alot everyone and tell us how it's working out for you all
    Last edited by InstinctivShuffle; 06-26-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Seems to be working well. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow though while walking my dog, that'll be the real test!

/edit: Haha, Installer still says I haven't installed it, but it's showing up on Summerboard and seems to be working. I can't figure out how to get Installer to properly install it...
    Last edited by Blax; 06-26-2008 at 03:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    We've hit 2000 downloads in the first 4 hours! Thanks everyone.

One thing to note, if you add new music to your iPhone or Touch, make sure you are syncing up with the internet again while using Instinctiv Shuffle, while we don't need a persistent internet connection. We want to make sure new songs are equally indexed and weighted.

Just a quick thought. Thanks again everyone and keep the feedback/questions coming!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the raves! We're within an inch of getting to 4,000 downloads in the past 10 hours.

We've gotten some questions so just wan to keep everyone in the loop, here are our two biggest questions so far:

1) How does Instinctiv Shuffle actually determine the songs that we play?

Instinctiv Shuffle is the first product of Instinctiv, here at the lab we built an extremely powerful machine learning technology that can be applied to almost anything (movies, music, etc.) That's the core technology that we call Instinctive Technology, that's fueling the app. In the next few months we'll be turning Instinctiv into a full blown web application. If you want to learn more, come to our website at instinctiv.com

Also, come visit instinctiv.com/register to be added to our list for future updates and launches of our new products!

2) Have we fixed all of the installer errors?

We're in the process of fixing the "main script error" and the "uninstall" error. Give us a few more hours and those should have cleared up. Once I get the word that they are fixed, I'll send out another message on this forum.

This should not NO impact on the app working however, as long as you have internet connectivity, so no fear! keep downloading!

Quote Originally Posted by Blax View Post
    Seems to be working well. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow though while walking my dog, that'll be the real test!

/edit: Haha, Installer still says I haven't installed it, but it's showing up on Summerboard and seems to be working. I can't figure out how to get Installer to properly install it...
    Last edited by InstinctivShuffle; 06-26-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I've downloaded it, not had chance to use it yet, like the concept though
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

fricken AWESOME! tried it earlier this mornign, works like a charm. THANX!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Thanks to all of you guys, we’ve reached 5500 downloads already! If you liked our app, give us some feedback and tell your friends J
    We’ve just released a new update to the installer that will fix the major bugs that we’ve gotten reports of here’s the instructions to fix if you have errors:
    1) Please remove instinctiv.com/repo if you added it as a custom source.
    2) Go to installer, there should be an update available for Instinctiv Shuffle 1.0.5. Install it.
    3) If no update shows up, go to sources, then refresh in the top-left corner. You now should see the updated.
    If there’s any other tech related problems, please shoot us an email at [email protected] OR just post in this forum!

Neat App! So how does this really work?

Do you host a database of songs that you've assigned a "mood" to? Is the AI native or does it run on your instinctiv server? Does it sense bpm for my songs? I'm really just curious to know how you accomplish the instinctive shuffle...

Please release some details; you've got a good thing going on here. Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

question: is it gonna learn from manual song selections?

Congrats on the new funding love the app the latest on the installer works perfect
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Instinctiv is a technology that was developed at Cornell. How the shuffle works is that we have used our millions+ database of songs and anonymous user data to help "group" songs together (you can call mood if you want )

When you download the app, we automatically group all of your songs in your library along our groups. As you skip songs, its like your "narrowing the playing field" until we've pinned down exactly what group/mood your in right now. Of course this changes over time so very high level.

Your local version of the app on your iPhone also learns from your behavior to change groupings based on YOUR selections. So basically, the more you use the app and the longer you have it, the more powerful and personalized it becomes.

Really rather "instinctiv"

To answer Alperovich, no manual does not impact the app, only when you use the Instinctiv Shuffle.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Neat App! So how does this really work?

Do you host a database of songs that you've assigned a "mood" to? Is the AI native or does it run on your instinctiv server? Does it sense bpm for my songs? I'm really just curious to know how you accomplish the instinctive shuffle...

Please release some details; you've got a good thing going on here. Thanks!

Installer repo works now. Thanks a lot! I still haven't tested it fully, but it's forthcoming.

Sounds awesome! My installation gets stuck half way through. I have tried twice. I will keep trying!

ok. I have 1.1.4, I installed instinctiv, turned it on..went to itunes...no "instinctiv shuffle" option. still just regular shuffle...rebooted iphone...still no option. ???

I can't find it on installer :-(

Any other sources? I have refreshed on both the instinctive.com/repo and the community sources to no avail :-(

^ Ditto (downtownc) - No instinctive shuffle option, just the plain old shuffle...

Quote Originally Posted by DanielM_86 View Post
    I can't find it on installer :-(

Any other sources? I have refreshed on both the instinctive.com/repo and the community sources to no avail :-(
    do you have the modmyi source added? (modmyi.com/installer.xml)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to downtownc For This Useful Post:

DanielM_86 (06-26-2008)

Ahaha, excellant! Thanks downtownc!!

no prob. now if only i could get mine to work...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast