+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bossprefs

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This native iPhone app is an offshoot of "Services" by Chris Hoffman. The app expands on services by adding some more options and focusing on being a complete preferences replacement.
    Developer
    Thanks

Default Bossprefs
    This native iPhone app is an offshoot of "Services" by Chris Hoffman. The app expands on services by adding some more options and focusing on being a complete preferences replacement. After installing BossPrefs? you should be able to remove Customize, SMBPrefs, and Settings icons from your desktop.

Install by adding my installer repository here: http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml

Here is the google code page for it:
    http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bossprefs-bossprefsscreen.jpg  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

HpNoTiQ (01-11-2008), jakecigar (12-07-2007), ramosortizal (02-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gastonm's Avatar
    Thanks

I just insalle it today. It seems to be working a little quirky with customize. Some options go to a blank screen?? I have FW 1.1.2
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Thanks

Are you Boss? I like this app, I'd like to be able to turn off afpd too!

running 1.1.2 (locked)
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I got the update on installer and now my BossPrefs has two SMB icons at the bottom instead of Settings and SMB. One of them actually is Settings, the icon is just wrong.

Developer
    Thanks

I got the update on installer and now my BossPrefs has two SMB icons at the bottom instead of Settings and SMB. One of them actually is Settings, the icon is just wrong.
    Yea sorry about that. Should be fixed now. I'll up the rev so it shows up as an update.

I just insalle it today. It seems to be working a little quirky with customize. Some options go to a blank screen?? I have FW 1.1.2
    It just runs whatever customize you have installed. Did you update it to 1.19?

Are you Boss? I like this app, I'd like to be able to turn off afpd too!
    Yes I am. I'll make a note of that as a future feature.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-08-2007 at 12:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I love it! its awesome :]
    I think, IMO, that it could be cooler and more formal if instead of the customize/ smb/ and settings icons, u could have tabs... thats could be cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is it good to put installer in this too?
    i just wanna free more icon space =)

soda

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Will download now Should we update this source:

markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist

to: http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml

and just delete the old one?
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

Thanks

cool
    Just press the thank you button! --->

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jelifer For This Useful Post:

SneakyBeans (01-13-2008)

Developer
    Thanks

Should we update this source:

markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist

to: http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml

and just delete the old one?
    I moved everything off of the markmon source (my home pc) and onto the sleeper's server. So you can add both without conflict, but the sleepers source is the primary source. I may occasionally put some temporary experimental stuff on the markmon source. There's also a chance I move my apps to STE's repository if mine doesnt become more wide spread.

Developer
    Thanks

Hi all,

I updated the tool and added some things / fixed some bugs. Remember I moved my repository to http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo (make sure autocorrect doesnt change iphone to iPhone when you enter it. Here is a changelog from my googlecode page (http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/):

1.25 -

* Added a config screen allowing to enable/disable various features.
    * Added ability to have SSH come on or not after reboot (by request).
    * Added enumeration of email accounts to enable/disable them.
    * Reworked IP address on display to be inline on smaller font.
    * Fixed problem on 1.0.2 summerboard launches. It was not launching on 1.0.2 phones but now it does.

1.1 -

* Fixed SMBPrefs launch for 1.0.2 iPhones with older summerboard.

1.0 - Initial version Changes from Services:

* Add icons to launch apps
    * Add enumeration for email accounts
    * GUI update
    * Reworked SSH enable/disable to immediately kill SSH server (services leaves it running if you have a connection). Also SSH will reload on next reboot as a safety precaution. If you mess up your phone and SSH does not load you have no option but restore. With this change you can SSH in and "fix" the problem. You need to remember to disable SSH in the app after every reboot.
    * Added display of IP address for WiFi? and EDGE.

BigBoss
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-19-2007 at 09:09 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

aaauustiinnn (12-20-2007)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not sure if this is a bug, but when you have SSH on reboot turned off you cannot turn SSH on.

My understanding would be that when you reboot it would do what ever you have set, but you should still be able to turn it on and off manually.

Thanks

do you think your add more choices to toggle so i can get rid of NETSERVICES.....I LIKE BOSS BETTER BUT IT DONT DO ALL I NEED

Thanks

Hi markmon,

How do I replace SMBPrefs with Installer. I'm on 1.1.2 firmware and don't have a use for it. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you add Rogers phone settings fro EDGE as an option?
    There is alarge canadian contingent using the iphone unlocked. Your program is great, but for the moment netservices app crator actually added in the settings those for rogers. It saves me the trouble to have to maually type back in the apn settings.

Any way you can add that to your app?

Thanks

Have v.1.27 installed and I have SSH off after reboot. If I try to put SSH on to connect Cyberduck it wont work. Works fine if I use NetServices. If I turn on SSH on after reboot I can then turn on SSH as normal and it will work with Cyberduck.

Is it just my phone, or is it a known bug?

Updated to v1.31 and still the same problem.
    Last edited by BrumBrum74; 12-19-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Update

Developer
    Thanks

Have v.1.27 installed and I have SSH off after reboot. If I try to put SSH on to connect Cyberduck it wont work. Works fine if I use NetServices. If I turn on SSH on after reboot I can then turn on SSH as normal and it will work with Cyberduck.

Is it just my phone, or is it a known bug?

Updated to v1.31 and still the same problem.
    I just learned of this today and fixed it today. Unfortunately the way it must work is that if you enable SSH, it stays on now even after reboot. If you disable SSH, it only comes back on after reboot if that switch for "ssh after reboot" is set to ON. You should get a push of 1.32 for this fix. Sorry about that!
    do you think your add more choices to toggle so i can get rid of NETSERVICES.....I LIKE BOSS BETTER BUT IT DONT DO ALL I NEED
    I have added a configuration screen. You can now add any service you want in the GUI. But you need to know some things about it. You need to know:
    1) Command to launch to start the service (if one doesnt exist, create an .sh script for it and use that)
    2) Command to launch to stop the service (can be something like /usr/bin/killall xxxx)
    3) process name to look for to determine if service is running (will use ps command for this)
    4) Icon if you want one then create a 20x20 icon with the same name as the service title and upload it to /Applications/BossPrefs.app dir.
    You can also create your own services by bypassing the GUI and creating a text file. The text file goes in /Applications/BossPrefss.app/services dir. The name of the text file is the name of the service that will be displayed in the GUI. I made one for enabling and disabling of samba. Here is what is inside of it:

/usr/bin/smb.sh start
    /usr/bin/smb.sh stop
    smbd
    /Applications/BossPrefs.app/samba.png

Settings in the text file explained:
    - My script to start samba is "/usr/bin/smb.sh start". I can run this from termvt100 for example. When I click the "ON" to enable the service, this will get run from the GUI.
    - My script to stop samba is: "/usr/bin/smb.sh stop". I can run this from termvt100 and samba shuts down. When I click the "OFF" in the GUI to disable the service, this runs.
    - smbd is what I look for to determine if samba is running or not. I use this command from the BossPrefs app for it: "ps x | grep smbd | grep -v grep". When samba is running you can type this into termvt100 and see the smbd process. When it's not running nothing will be returned.
    - Finally, /Applications/BossPrefs.app/samba.png is the icon I use for samba. You don't need an icon, but it looks cooler.

If anyone wants help creating his own service let me know or catch me on #iphone on efnet.

How do I replace SMBPrefs with Installer. I'm on 1.1.2 firmware and don't have a use for it. Thanks!
    I left installer icon out since I don't consider it a preferences icon like the other 3. However, you are about the 5th person that asked for it, so I will add it in as an option in a coming release. By the way, summerboard runs great on 1.1.2. I have never heard of someone that didnt run summerboard I'm a nut for themes. I couldnt live without it. Stock looking iPhone is so blah.

Can you add Rogers phone settings fro EDGE as an option?
    I think you are being plagued by the box each time you enable EDGE because your EDGE is either a) not configured in the system (settings, general, network, EDGE) and saved, or b) your EDGE settings are screwed up now by installing 1.1.1 EDGE fix or maybe iworld settings are wrong (or iworld needs to be run). I would be happy to help you troubleshoot this. Once the EDGE settings are entered correctly, this pop up should not bug you any longer. When you enable EDGE, the system EDGE settings are restored. When you disable it, they are overwritten with DISABLED. You only get that pop up when there are no system EDGE settings to restore.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-19-2007 at 09:29 PM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I gave detailed answer in pm. That said I can tell you I done have this problem when using netservices app. I don't keep both installed at same time for fear of interference.

p. S. I took a look at iworld and oddly enough Canada wasn't listed. Guess we aren't a country LOL.
    Last edited by canadoc; 12-19-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Developer
    Thanks

I gave detailed answer in pm. That said I can tell you I done have this problem when using netservices app. I don't keep both installed at same time for fear of interference.
    You can have both installed at the same time. There is no interference. What firmware are you running? Does netservices ask you to configure canadian preferences or does it just seem to know what to do? Just adding a canadian selection is putting a bandaid on the real problem. I don't see why your candian EDGE settings should be any different than my TMobile EDGE settings, for example, and I am not having any such issues. So I'd like to get to the bottom of it properly.

To everyone else: I updated the code today and have also put out several plugins in my installer that are preconfigured services. These are no different than what you could add yourself if you knew the right things to add in the configuration GUI. Anyhow, only install the ones you need because each additional plugin takes some time when bossprefs is loading to parse the text files and determine if the service is running.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't figure out how to add the Mobile Safari Download Plug-in .. I'm basically just trying to get BossPrefs to run the same script as NetServices run but can't really get it to. Also I'm not sure how it would remember on/off state since there is no process running.

Any help is appreciated.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast