Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bossprefs

Hi Thanks for a nice app, it brings together all the setting under one icon which is a neat thing.

however I'm using 1.33 and still have a problem with Edge, basically each time I stop it and re start I have to type in my APN under other. I'm using o2 in the UK and the APN is mobile.o2.co.uk can you fix this so I dont have to type it in each time I restart the service.

I notice when I stop it it puts DISABLED in the APN but its not restoring it properly

help appreicated
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

That is Same problem I have.
    Markmon am on 1.1.2
    netservices did same too until I spoke to Greg and I guess he added in the configuratin files the rogers won as an option and then it was fine.
    I believe tmobile and Att settings are natively there so it works for you. For other providers however we have to add the son manually unless you do something in configuration. Greg hartsteins would be a valuable resource if you both could collaborate.

That is Same problem I have.
    Markmon am on 1.1.2
    netservices did same too until I spoke to Greg and I guess he added in the configuratin files the rogers won as an option and then it was fine.
    I believe tmobile and Att settings are natively there so it works for you. For other providers however we have to add the son manually unless you do something in configuration. Greg hartsteins would be a valuable resource if you both could collaborate.
    I will try to look into this some more but TMobile is definitely not built in. You have to configure it in the main settings GUI in Settings, General, Network, EDGE. Do you have a contact for Greg?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

I am not sure since I don't know how to code. However I remember looking at some plist and seeing tmobile in it with AT&T in the edge settings.
    As for greg Hartstein he has a repository for iPhone called copycoders and goes by Hartstein here on MMI.
    he is the one responsible for putting out netservices.app

i plan to add an edge configuration screen anyway because in some circumstances there is no way to enter the edge config APN data. This should solve it I would think. But try something else. On your phone if you configure edge then reboot the phone without loading services app, does edge come up properly configured after reboot?

Can you add Rogers phone settings fro EDGE as an option?
    There is alarge canadian contingent using the iphone unlocked. Your program is great, but for the moment netservices app crator actually added in the settings those for rogers. It saves me the trouble to have to maually type back in the apn settings.
    I have put out v 1.34 that should disable EDGE in the manner that netservices uses. It no longer puts DISABLED in the APN. I worked with netservices developer on it. (Turns out we hang out together and I didnt realize it).
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-23-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Hey 1.3.4 works great now. No more EDGE issues.
    I never had a reboot problem using EDGE settings in 1.1.2
    only in 1.1.1.

Hey 1.3.4 works great now. No more EDGE issues.
    I never had a reboot problem using EDGE settings in 1.1.2
    only in 1.1.1.
    Glad it works. There is a 1.1.1 EDGE Fix in my installer for the issue with EDGE and 1.1.1 if anyone needs it.
    -BigBoss

hi why the icon does not change with any of the themes ?
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrdjflood View Post
    hi why the icon does not change with any of the themes ?
    thanks
    Because there are no other icons made for it. Either create your own icon, or wait for the theme creators to include it
    To live, you have to lie

I just posted a new version of bossprefs that allows you to add your own apps to the dock. Hope you all like it.
    -BigBoss

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

Bones (01-02-2008)

@BigBoss

hi, by installing your tool how can I remove SummerBoard preference icon from desktop? I would like to test your tool, do you think it'd be better to remove Services.app to avoid interferences?
    THX so much.
    Last edited by asci; 01-02-2008 at 09:21 AM.

help! i dont know how to install !
    i added the source, but when i press install, it stops at around 90% and says

"package download failed!"

i tried freeing up space by uninstalling other programs, but no luck...
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello BigBoss:

I like very much this app but i want to know if you can help me with one thing. I know that BigBoss Pref is the name of your app, but I use it as the settings+SMB+Customize app and I will like to name it Settings instead of BigBoss Pref so that the sprinboard looks like factory. I rename it but then the Settings+SMB+Customize icons doesn't appear on the main of your app. Can I do this?

Default Request
    Dear BigBoss,

I've searched around for a certain function which none of the "Services" type applications seem to offer. Maybe you could include it in BossPrefs?

The iPhone is pretty data happy: it's really designed with an always-on internet connection, whether from wireless or GPRS/EDGE. However, there are plenty of iPhone users who have an unlocked iPhone, and happily use it on wireless, but balk at current data prices.

For myself, I am on T -Mobile in the UK, and I simply haven't put in any details for the T-Mobile APN, internet settings, etc.: I'm simply too scared that if I do, the iPhone will simply make regular use of the GPRS connection whenever it cannot find wireless, and I will get stuck with a huge bill.

However, there are cases where, in an emergency, I *would* actually want to use the GPRS!

I'm assuming the APN settings are stored in a preference file somewhere. So I'm thinking... maybe it's possible to write a little addition to BossPrefs which simply swaps the file with one you prepare earlier. I.e., one file has all the settings in, the other doesn't. The one with no settings in is used by the iPhone by default. When you want/need GPRS, you flick the switch, and it swaps the empty file for the one with the settings in and you can use GPRS. When you're done, yoou simply flick the switch, the process is reversed, and your iPhone is cut off from GPRS again, giving you peace of mind that you're not running up huge data charges...

What think you? Or has this already been thought of and implemented? I haven't found it if so...

Thanks

T-Mobile charge a max of 1 per day for GRPS

And if you have a contract you can get web n walk tariff from 22.50, which includes unlimited browsing
    To live, you have to lie

That's a non-sequitur: I didn't ask what was the cheapest web tariff around, I was asking for a very specific function.

I have wireless at home and at work, it doesn't make sense for me to have GPRS therefore switched on to let the iPhone happily rack up even a pound per day. Being able to ensure zero data use yet allowing phone calls would therefore be highly useful.

could you make an app that housed other apps? like here is what i want. I want an app like Bossprefs that opens and then displays other apps inside just like yours. But i want one for Games and one for some other various apps. so that i can clear up my springboard. Any ideas? Like i could tap A Games App and then it opens and there'd be iBlackjack and Dominos and Backgammon and Othello etc. I would like it to not have a limit. So is it only possible to put it in the Dock of the Bosspref-type app? or could you have and app that has its own springboard inside?

Hayesimus: It just so happens that he's already done just that:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23335

Works really well; I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kneeslasher View Post
    That's a non-sequitur: I didn't ask what was the cheapest web tariff around, I was asking for a very specific function.

I have wireless at home and at work, it doesn't make sense for me to have GPRS therefore switched on to let the iPhone happily rack up even a pound per day. Being able to ensure zero data use yet allowing phone calls would therefore be highly useful.
    Damn. Who knew iphone users were so cheap
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Damn. Who knew iphone users were so cheap
    Damn me, but it seems that if iPhone users were so happy forking over cash, there would have been little fuss over the AT&T contract or the iPhone price drop.

Many of us could easily afford the data charges but still see them as entirely unreasonable since the market is anything but mature.

Why this is under discussion is beyond me: the request was for a toggle for GPRS/no GPRS, not the viability of data plans or the thriftiness of iPhone owners.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast