Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSd v0.7 - issues

Thank you so much for your continuous efforts to develop such a great application, considered one of the best!...But how about adding delivery reports such as the ones in Nokia phones. Thanks and good luck with your following releases (with reports hopefully )

Default still problems persist
    i have installed 0.08 version ....

It recognizes the names that are stored with +country code ( i mean that it diplays the "name" of the contact ) BUT still sending or forarding fails consistently ... it fails even if i type the number manually without the coutnry code ..

Please help me ... v.0.6 used to work most of the times (not always)...
    Last edited by indsha008; 12-09-2007 at 12:34 PM.

you should clearly uninstall the 0.6 version from installer
    and then restart ur iphone
    after that install manually through WInSCP and then again restart it and your smsd will work perfectly and i have checked 0.08v is running smoothly i send to 16 contacts at a time and send successfully.
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by indsha008 View Post
    i have installed 0.08 version ....

It recognizes the names that are stored with +country code ( i mean that it diplays the "name" of the contact ) BUT still sending or forarding fails consistently ... it fails even if i type the number manually without the coutnry code ..

Please help me ... v.0.6 used to work most of the times (not always)...
    having the same problem... cant send OR forward messages

DL the latest version v.08, will install manually via iphone browser...

hey guys, its already available on installer v.08....
    Last edited by smokepsp32; 12-09-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

.08 isnt working for me... fails to send text messages to more than 1 person.

Default No luck ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mashom View Post
    you should clearly uninstall the 0.6 version from installer
    and then restart ur iphone
    after that install manually through WInSCP and then again restart it and your smsd will work perfectly and i have checked 0.08v is running smoothly i send to 16 contacts at a time and send successfully.
    i tried doing this ... still the same problem ...
    and the funny thing is that the "please wait" progressbar stops at different places everytime i try to send or forward msg ... each time it stops at some place anad then after some time gives the msg that "could not send to 'recipient' ".

it works perfect here... i dont know what is problem with ur iphone i also facing this problem some days but i reset my iphone and my all iphone settings set to default (reset do not remove any applications or any contacts) and after that i send sms to anyone works good.

in 0.08 i can now send with and without country code prefix.

and it send too fast because i send to 15 contacts and send in 7 secs. fastest than nokia mobiles.

donation appreciated.
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Small Bug
    First of all : GREAT APP! Nice features!!! Let them coming!!

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    1. INBOX, SENT list

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

If you used "middle names" for your contacts then you only see first and
    last name instead of : First name-middle name( if exists)-lastname
    In The netherlands we use many middle names so for example:
    First name: James
    Middle name(= extra field on contact page): van der
    Last name: Meer

Your app shows : "James Meer" instead of : "James van der Meer"

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?

Please provide any additional information below.

Great APP!! The new feature "Templates" Rocks!!!

Amrut,

FABULOUS APPLICATOIN, just love it, its super and clean and very functional. I had installed the 0.8 version and works well. The number forwarding is great. Just a couple of suggestions if I may.

Character Count ( you did say its done and will be in the next release)
    Can you incorporate CallD into this application? Will make a full fledged app then.

Rest all seems to have been taken care of wonderfully.

Thanks. Cheers, Vikas.

hi Amrut

SMSD v0.8 looks great! it most definitely can replace apple's default (and also incredibly default feature-lacking) SMS app. v0.8 has beautiful UI as well.

but unfortunately i am still not able to both send new sms and forward existing ones on 2 of our units running FW 1.0.2. the app always hanged while in the middle of the progress bar and simply will not continue to send the sms no matter how long you wait. did several tries with no luck at all. would really love to somehow make this app work and use it as the default sms app.

pl...............
    who 2 Installed manually smsd in my phone?????????

Default Its Working Now >>> Yipee
    hi all...

SMSD v0.08 wasnt working for me since ysterday ... but today i was just fidgiting with my phone and iinstalled couple of other applications (not realted to SMSD) and also rebooted phone many a times ..

and viola ... SMSD works like a rocket now !! forwarding and everything ... too good..

THANKS AMRUT ...

u have created a wonder ful peace of app..

Suggestions : 1) character counter
    2) in the main inbox, it shud display just like the main SMS application but there shud be right arrow on each sms clicking on which would give options like .. resend, forward and delete ..

I've tried to manually install v.0.8 and via installer, but I cannot send any sms with the program. Just get an error saying that I cannot send sms.

Have restarted the phone as well and the normal sms program on the phone works fine and same with wetools when sending sms.

Resetting all my settings to factory fixed my sending problem. Go to general/reset/ reset all settings.

Worked like a charm!

bbplayer5: what things on the phone will be reset if I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    bbplayer5: what things on the phone will be reset if I do this?
    I'm not sure if this will fix your sending problems but this fixed my forwarding problems. Go to Settings>Sounds>Keyboard Clicks

If its off, toggle it to on and restart your phone. If its already on, toggle it to off then on again and restart your phone. I'm not sure why this worked but all my messages started forwarding without a problem. here is where I saw the original suggestion

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=123863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12