+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 1.19 released

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Clem-Clone well, that's what I'm asking. will 1.20 with it's multiple-dock icon mode allow me to remove 'CustomizeNM' for 1.1.1? I don't see why not.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    well, that's what I'm asking.
    will 1.20 with it's multiple-dock icon mode allow me to remove 'CustomizeNM' for 1.1.1?
    I don't see why not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    In the last release users were accidentally hiding icons. This helps prevent that.
    I agree, restricting hide/unhide to the eye seems more usable.

I am not quite giving up CustomizeNM, but I think 1.20 covers all the issues that caused me to patch it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    I'm having trouble changing sounds. The program will let me change every sound except for the SMS tone. It's a little annoying because the SMS tone is the only one that I want to change.

Anyone have this problem? The sounds that I am using were just sound sets I downloaded from installer.
    Can anyone help on this?? I have updated to the new 1.20 but still doesn't work...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I don't see why not.
    I deleted 'CustomizeNM' with no problems. thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same here. Don't need CustomizNM anymore.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    Can anyone help on this?? I have updated to the new 1.20 but still doesn't work...
    Agreed. Same here. Can change any and all sounds EXCEPT SMS. This has to be a widespread issue.

On 1.1.1

Thanks

I've updated to 1.20 and I notice when I go in to change the Loading Image and see Backup and Designer2 images it says "Loding" on the top of the screen.

Shouldn't it be Loading og Loading Image?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an ipod touch (1.1.2) and I hacked it to show the iPod icon (that is used in
    the iPhone) instead of the Music and Videos icons. I want to put the iPod
    icon in the dock but it is not showing up in Customize (1.20). I can manually insert
    it (using SSH), but every time i reopen customize and change something it moves the iPod icon into the last position on my springboard, any help would be appreciated.

CustomizeNM detected it fine with no problems, I have no problem using a Hex editor if it is just referencing the wrong .plist (but I don't think that will fix the problem, or at least without more info on the source code).

Sorry I forgot to add that I changed CustomizeNM (in a hex-editor) to reference the N45AP.plist instead of M68AP.plist (which the iphone uses) using a search & replace. Thats why I added the comment about the hex-edit in my previous post
    Last edited by itsajeepthing03; 12-11-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    Agreed. Same here. Can change any and all sounds EXCEPT SMS. This has to be a widespread issue.

On 1.1.1
    And if you used the search feature you'd have figured it out by now.

If you are using 1.1.1, which I suspect you are, Customize can not alter the SMS sounds. You see they are now named sms-received1-6 so it tries to replace a file that doesn't exist. You can replace these yourself using a file browser or SSH program.

Make yourself a caf file that you'd like to use then name it sms-received#.caf. Replace the pound symbol with a number corresponding to the list of stock SMS tones, 1-6.

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and drop the file there. It will ask you if you want to replace a file, click yes. I would recommend backing up the stock file just in case you ever decide to put it back in place for some reason.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastegate13 For This Useful Post:

ambo (12-12-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13 View Post

If you are using 1.1.1, which I suspect you are, Customize can not alter the SMS sounds. You see they are now named sms-received1-6 so it tries to replace a file that doesn't exist. You can replace these yourself using a file browser or SSH program.

Make yourself a caf file that you'd like to use then name it sms-received#.caf. Replace the pound symbol with a number corresponding to the list of stock SMS tones, 1-6.

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and drop the file there. It will ask you if you want to replace a file, click yes. I would recommend backing up the stock file just in case you ever decide to put it back in place for some reason.
    Thanks! Now where does the sound packs you download off installer get saved to?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hey everyone, how do you change the keyboard on 1.1.2 frimware and the customize program or another way, can anybody help here, thanks all great product!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey..im having the same prob as someone else on here..i put on the new 1.20 customize and when i go to open it nothing shows up just the logo of the chicken then it goes back to home screen..i uninstalled it then reinstalled it and same thing, ne ideas?? btw on JB 1.1.1 ....

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Punisher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13 View Post

i am on 1.1.2 and my sms sounds no show in customize either.. So this is not just a 1.1.1 problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

On version 1.18, I and many others had to rub the chicken to get it to work. Don't ask me why it worked. Give it a shot, you never know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    Thanks! Now where does the sound packs you download off installer get saved to?
    They are saved to

/private/var/root/Library/Customize/AudioFiles

Then in individual folders. You can use MobileFinder to rename and move these files to the proper location if you only get your sounds from Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    i am on 1.1.2 and my sms sounds no show in customize either.. So this is not just a 1.1.1 problem.
    1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are very much the same just as 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were. The sms structure is the same and the method posted above works on 1.1.2 phones as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

In case anyone else is having a problem with using the Ipod icon on the touch, I found a solution. Go to this page http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...customize+ipod and follow the
    instructions stated in the 1st post

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

customize vs customizeNM ? I now have both of these on my iphone (probably wasn't paying attention and thought i was in upgrade mode) what's the difference ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    customize vs customizeNM ? I now have both of these on my iphone (probably wasn't paying attention and thought i was in upgrade mode) what's the difference ?
    I patched Customize 1.13 to create CustomizeNM before the re-written version of Customize was ready to go.

CustomizeNM (apparently) doesn't work on the iTouch and uses the old separate categories method of hiding apps.

Customize should be all that is needed now.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (12-21-2007)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123