Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BossPrefsV1.0a is so awsome!

Default no summer board
    can someone tell me why summer board doesnt work through this for me i am on 1.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    It doesn't absorb them, no? It just provides launch buttons for them, or am I missing something?
    No, you aren't missing anything, it was how I expressed it which gave a wrong notion of the function.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    I've used services.app, itoggle and this. I like this because it absorbs three other apps (settings, summerboard and customize) and if you do use custo, you can hide the icons for those three things. If you don't then iToggle would be my choice.

Good heavens. Just realised this is my first post. g'day
    And that sentence tells me you haven't used NetServices - which beats all of them, hands down. Period.

netservices .15 is the best by copy coders. You can turn off any service including the safari file download plugin as well

I still prefer iToggle. And it will be even better when he implements running scripts and command line apps, which he's told me is coming in the next version.

Hi all,

I updated the tool and added some things / fixed some bugs. Remember I moved my installer repository to http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml (make sure autocorrect doesnt change iphone to iPhone when you enter it. Here is a changelog from my googlecode page (http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/):

1.25 -

* Added a config screen allowing to enable/disable various features.
    * Added ability to have SSH come on or not after reboot (by request).
    * Added enumeration of email accounts to enable/disable them.
    * Reworked IP address on display to be inline on smaller font.
    * Fixed problem on 1.0.2 summerboard launches. It was not launching on 1.0.2 phones but now it does.

1.1 -

* Fixed SMBPrefs launch for 1.0.2 iPhones with older summerboard.

1.0 - Initial version Changes from Services:

* Add icons to launch apps
    * Add enumeration for email accounts
    * GUI update
    * Reworked SSH enable/disable to immediately kill SSH server (services leaves it running if you have a connection). Also SSH will reload on next reboot as a safety precaution. If you mess up your phone and SSH does not load you have no option but restore. With this change you can SSH in and "fix" the problem. You need to remember to disable SSH in the app after every reboot.
    * Added display of IP address for WiFi? and EDGE.

BigBoss

just the same of NetServices....

just the same of NetServices....
    I definitely don't want to get into a "my version is better" argument, but this is not the same as netservices. From what I have seen, netservices doesnt allow you to toggle email or to remove settings, customize, and smbprefs icons from the desktop. These were the main goals of my project that made it differ from toggle, services, and netservices. Also I plan to use the GUI for config so no one has to edit text files.

I admit that mine does not yet support as many services. But I plan to add those things in soon as time permits.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-10-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Updated to 1.25 and everything seems fine. But there are some graphic bug on the on/off switch for EDGE and Wi-Fi. Not showing properly.

Updated to 1.25 and everything seems fine. But there are some graphic bug on the on/off switch for EDGE and Wi-Fi. Not showing properly.
    Digg
    Is this the left side of the switches looking "cut off"? I'll fix that right now. I didnt notice. Thats the IP address label going too far over.

Awesome update! I like the IP address next to the Edge and Wifi.

Questions:
    1. Do you plan to add more icons at the bottom? I'm on 1.1.2 firmware, I don't need SMBPrefs and would like to use other programs (example: Installer, etc.).

2. I would like to see the following in the future updates:
    - Processes running
    - Hardware information
    - Reboot (or Respring)

Keep up the great work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Great app so far
    I understand the direction you are heading and I applaud your efforts. This app has allowed me to eliminate those three icons from my launch page. I second the motion to have installer listed as an additional link. Even better, have the "dock" customizeable to as many as 4 different apps. This would allow users to bring all the "preference" apps of their choice to the front page without having to have 3 or 4 placeholders. Keep up the good work. I am also eagerly awaiting the refined version of BossTool. We really need a one-click solution to relocate all these fine apps that take up so much space. Damn those day jobs and their attention sucking nature.

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    Is this the left side of the switches looking "cut off"? I'll fix that right now. I didnt notice. Thats the IP address label going too far over.
    That's what I meant yes. Thanks for fixing this markmon. Great work.

This is one of my fav programs

what is teh source code for that NetServices can anyone tell me the source code or even teh source code for BossPrefsV1.0a please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soundboyz View Post
    what is teh source code for that NetServices can anyone tell me the source code or even teh source code for BossPrefsV1.0a please.
    AFAIK, source code for NetServices isn't publicly available from the author. Do you mean the installer repository? If so, NetServices has it's own thread in this forum, on the first page even. All you have to do it look for it.

Hey guys. I opened up a google code page for this. If you want you can make feature requests and bug reports there. It's much easier for me to track the stuff at that location. I do intend to publish the source for it soon when it's more mature.
    http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12