Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: BossPrefsV1.0a is so awsome!is a discussion within the
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launchesforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
can someone tell me why summer board doesnt work through this for me i am on 1.0.2...
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM #21no summer board
can someone tell me why summer board doesnt work through this for me i am on 1.0.2
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM #22
12-08-2007, 05:52 AM #23
12-08-2007, 07:00 AM #24
netservices .15 is the best by copy coders. You can turn off any service including the safari file download plugin as well
12-08-2007, 12:04 PM #25
I still prefer iToggle. And it will be even better when he implements running scripts and command line apps, which he's told me is coming in the next version.
12-10-2007, 02:39 AM #26
I updated the tool and added some things / fixed some bugs. Remember I moved my installer repository to http://sleepers.net/~iphone/repo.xml (make sure autocorrect doesnt change iphone to iPhone when you enter it. Here is a changelog from my googlecode page (http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/):
* Added a config screen allowing to enable/disable various features.
* Added ability to have SSH come on or not after reboot (by request).
* Added enumeration of email accounts to enable/disable them.
* Reworked IP address on display to be inline on smaller font.
* Fixed problem on 1.0.2 summerboard launches. It was not launching on 1.0.2 phones but now it does.
* Fixed SMBPrefs launch for 1.0.2 iPhones with older summerboard.
1.0 - Initial version Changes from Services:
* Add icons to launch apps
* Add enumeration for email accounts
* GUI update
* Reworked SSH enable/disable to immediately kill SSH server (services leaves it running if you have a connection). Also SSH will reload on next reboot as a safety precaution. If you mess up your phone and SSH does not load you have no option but restore. With this change you can SSH in and "fix" the problem. You need to remember to disable SSH in the app after every reboot.
* Added display of IP address for WiFi? and EDGE.
12-10-2007, 02:51 AM #27
just the same of NetServices....
12-10-2007, 03:45 AM #28just the same of NetServices....
I admit that mine does not yet support as many services. But I plan to add those things in soon as time permits.
Last edited by BigBoss; 12-10-2007 at 04:21 AM.
12-10-2007, 05:11 AM #29
Updated to 1.25 and everything seems fine. But there are some graphic bug on the on/off switch for EDGE and Wi-Fi. Not showing properly.
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM #30Updated to 1.25 and everything seems fine. But there are some graphic bug on the on/off switch for EDGE and Wi-Fi. Not showing properly.
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM #31
Awesome update! I like the IP address next to the Edge and Wifi.
1. Do you plan to add more icons at the bottom? I'm on 1.1.2 firmware, I don't need SMBPrefs and would like to use other programs (example: Installer, etc.).
2. I would like to see the following in the future updates:
- Processes running
- Hardware information
- Reboot (or Respring)
Keep up the great work!
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM #32
Great app so far
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I understand the direction you are heading and I applaud your efforts. This app has allowed me to eliminate those three icons from my launch page. I second the motion to have installer listed as an additional link. Even better, have the "dock" customizeable to as many as 4 different apps. This would allow users to bring all the "preference" apps of their choice to the front page without having to have 3 or 4 placeholders. Keep up the good work. I am also eagerly awaiting the refined version of BossTool. We really need a one-click solution to relocate all these fine apps that take up so much space. Damn those day jobs and their attention sucking nature.
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM #33
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM #34
This is one of my fav programs
12-10-2007, 01:09 PM #35
what is teh source code for that NetServices can anyone tell me the source code or even teh source code for BossPrefsV1.0a please.
12-10-2007, 02:09 PM #36
12-10-2007, 09:00 PM #37
Hey guys. I opened up a google code page for this. If you want you can make feature requests and bug reports there. It's much easier for me to track the stuff at that location. I do intend to publish the source for it soon when it's more mature.