+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OpenSSH keeps starting after reboot

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Firmware: 1.1.2 I have openSSH installed along with services. I always have ssh disabled unless I am using it. Recently I have noticed that I am getting **** for battery
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default OpenSSH keeps starting after reboot
    Firmware: 1.1.2

I have openSSH installed along with services. I always have ssh disabled unless I am using it.

Recently I have noticed that I am getting **** for battery life. Check out services and ssh is running, WTF. Ok I must of forgot to turn it off.

After awhile I know I never turned it on and did a test.

Turn off SSH
    exit services
    enter services again to make sure it is off.
    attempt to connect to ssh from pc

ok good its off.

Reboot.

Check services there it is
    attempt to login (no prob)

How can I prevent SSH from enabling when I boot.

Developer
    Thanks

Firmware: 1.1.2

I have openSSH installed along with services. I always have ssh disabled unless I am using it.

Recently I have noticed that I am getting **** for battery life. Check out services and ssh is running, WTF. Ok I must of forgot to turn it off.

After awhile I know I never turned it on and did a test.

Turn off SSH
    exit services
    enter services again to make sure it is off.
    attempt to connect to ssh from pc

ok good its off.

Reboot.

Check services there it is
    attempt to login (no prob)

How can I prevent SSH from enabling when I boot.
    I'm not sure which "services" you're running but if you install bossprefs then go to config and set "SSH after reboot" to "off", this will be solved. I fixed some bugs in the way services handled SSH for my offshoot of it. For one thing even when you disable SSH in services, the SSH daemon seems to still be running and your connection(s) aren't dropped. I solved this issue. Another thing, do you by chance have both OpenSSH and dropbear installed? (If you have dropbear.sh in /etc you should delete it and just go with OpenSSH).

However, I like the feature of SSH turning on after every reboot. The reason is that if you do something and your phone gets messed up and you cant load springboard on reboot (happens a lot when you mess around), the SSH is the only way to fix your phone without a total restore!

You can get bossprefs from my repository. I may move it to modmyi repository this weekend. But for now add this: sleepers.net/iphonerepo to your sources.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    I'm not sure which "services" you're running but if you install bossprefs then go to config and set "SSH after reboot" to "off", this will be solved. I fixed some bugs in the way services handled SSH for my offshoot of it. For one thing even when you disable SSH in services, the SSH daemon seems to still be running and your connection(s) aren't dropped. I solved this issue. Another thing, do you by chance have both OpenSSH and dropbear installed? (If you have dropbear.sh in /etc you should delete it and just go with OpenSSH).

However, I like the feature of SSH turning on after every reboot. The reason is that if you do something and your phone gets messed up and you cant load springboard on reboot (happens a lot when you mess around), the SSH is the only way to fix your phone without a total restore!

You can get bossprefs from my repository. I may move it to modmyi repository this weekend. But for now add this: sleepers.net/iphonerepo to your sources.
    Hmmm where'd I put the seconded button. I agree on all counts except to keep OpenSSH over the smaller ssh agent. I recommend just the opposite, ditch OpenSSH and keep the other... but hey these are my opinions and just like butt holes, we all have 'em

Being able to ssh into my phone after a SummerBoard / StackController crash has saved me lots of time and frustration.
    White 3G