+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove Installer Updates Notifications

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok So I'm having the issue where I've installed the current version of a program but on a different source for what ever reason tells me that an older version
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Remove Installer Updates Notifications
    Ok So I'm having the issue where I've installed the current version of a program but on a different source for what ever reason tells me that an older version of the program is an update. is there a file i can alter or a date stamp in an info file i can change so it shows the program i have as the newest version?

I have 9 program update waiting and none of them are the current version.

This might have been address but i can't find it.

Thanks

Usually they'll begin to disappear after a few days - as your sources update their repositories.
    You may want to check out the source of these "old" updates and decide if you really need them. Some of the foreign language sources don't update as fast as others.

Thanks

Well i do have one program that i don't want to update... I just like the old version better and ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    Well i do have one program that i don't want to update... I just like the old version better and ideas?
    Create your own source at iappcat.com, add only the applications you want on your device and the specific version you want to the source, add source to installer, remove all other sources except community sources. If you want an notifcaiton of some of the apps, be sure to add the applcation from its correct source onto the source you creaged in iappcat.

In other words, if theres an app called "X" that you want to be up to date, and "X" was created and placed on a specific source by Umbooboo, but you can find the app on like 30 diff sources, be sure to add app "X" only from the source Umbooboo placed it on, to your source you created in iappcat, and you should be good to go.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Thanks

One way I learned to stop this from happening in the first place was to limit the number of sources in Installer, which limits dupes from multiple repositories.

I have wanted keep versions as well, so I edited the LocalPackages.plist (in 1.1.4 it's in /var/mobile/Library/Installer/) with Property List Editor by changing the version number. It was a guess, it seemed simple enough, and it has worked to this point.

As to the wisdom of changing the version number manually, I don't know...

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Create your own source at iappcat.com, add only the applications you want on your device and the specific version you want to the source, add source to installer, remove all other sources except community sources. If you want an notifcaiton of some of the apps, be sure to add the applcation from its correct source onto the source you creaged in iappcat.
    The problem with this is I still like some of the other packages the source I'd have to delete uploads to their repo.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwashere View Post
    I have wanted keep versions as well, so I edited the LocalPackages.plist (in 1.1.4 it's in /var/mobile/Library/Installer/) with Property List Editor by changing the version number. It was a guess, it seemed simple enough, and it has worked to this point.

As to the wisdom of changing the version number manually, I don't know...
    I'm confused, didn't you just tell us how to change it manually?
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th