+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard update (3.0b1-1) fails to install

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Reako AFAIK the Dim Wallpaper conflict was fixed with an earlier version. Reako Nope. I had multiple random lockups and reboots. After installing this update, I re-enabled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    AFAIK the Dim Wallpaper conflict was fixed with an earlier version.

Reako
    Nope. I had multiple random lockups and reboots. After installing this update, I re-enabled that option; on the drive to work this morning, the iPhone locked up and rebooted TWICE while iTunes was running. Turned off the dim wallaper option, no lock-ups or reboots.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smokepsp32's Avatar
    Thanks

installing this update you need also higher version of ipone which is v1.1.1...

it will not install on v1.0.2, already tested...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been having the same problems with random lock-ups/reboots, i'll try taking th dim wallpaper off and see if that works...

EDIT: after turning the dim wallpaper off, the random lockups and reboots stopped...
    Last edited by rugbrn; 12-06-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: redundancy

Banned
    Thanks

Hello Everyone, I jailbroke my 1.1.1 iphone using touchfree with extras that installed summerboard already. So if i try to update summerboard through installer i get an error to uninstall summerboard, but if i uninstall it then reboot my iphone it stays stuck on the apple logo. luckily it still allowed read/write access so i put summerboard back on and it vibrated twice then booted up. My question is does anybody have the new version to manually install? i can't find a download for it anywhere.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Nope. I had multiple random lockups and reboots. After installing this update, I re-enabled that option; on the drive to work this morning, the iPhone locked up and rebooted TWICE while iTunes was running. Turned off the dim wallaper option, no lock-ups or reboots.
    Yup, same here, this POS release is crashing 3rd party apps AND native apps, I tried to enter iPod twice and I would get kicked back to SMB. I tried uninstalling and I get the "Error: Main script execution failed!". To make matters worse, it deleted my SMB PREF icon so I can't even mod SMB, though at least everything is running. I am pissed about this as my i has been rock solid up until this update. I hope they fix this soon.
    Last edited by iFreak; 12-05-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Redundancy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^^crap my icon is gone too...i wanted to uninstall and then reinstall because it was crashing my SB so much

but i get that same main script error and it deleted my icon..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFreak View Post
    Yup, same here, this POS release is crashing 3rd party apps AND native apps, I tried to enter iPod twice and I would get kicked back to SMB. I tried uninstalling and I get the "Error: Main script execution failed!". To make matters worse, it deleted my SMB PREF icon so I can't even mod SMB, though at least everything is running. I am pissed about this as my i has been rock solid up until this update. I hope they fix this soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by datboililp View Post
    ^^^crap my icon is gone too...i wanted to uninstall and then reinstall because it was crashing my SB so much

but i get that same main script error and it deleted my icon..
    I was able to install the update without any problems but today I wanted to unistall and it listed the "Error: Main script execution failed!" too. I foolishly clicked the SMBPrefs icon (yup, dumb move) and the app launched and empty app that locked my phone. SummerBoard has foobared my phone so many times (8 at last count) that I know how to remove it manually, which I did before I rebooted my phone.

I really can't wait for the SDK in February....
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I installed and I have not had any issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I had major problems with Summerboard as well and ended up having to do a restore last week. I also had hoped the update was to fix the Dim Wallpaper issue, but alas, it still crashes my apps, so I turned it back off.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12