Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cybersaurus - A new native 3d game for the iPhone

Developer
    Thanks
    Default Cybersaurus - A new native 3d game for the iPhone
    Hello,
    I just finished the porting of one of my 3d games: Cybersaurus.
    It is a 3d Mech-like Shooter with a bit of adventure game.
    I tested it on my iPhone with 1.1.4 software and 3.11 installer.
    The repo is iphone3dgames [dot] com .
    You will find the game under the Games category.
    Please let me know if you have any problem and what are your impressions.

Roberto Perego
    -Darxun Games-

please post video or screens

Developer
    Thanks
    Default Screenshots
    Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
    please post video or screens
    Go to 3d games for the iPhone

$15 to register???? Are you nuts???

For God's sakes, Super Monkey Ball is only $10 and that was developed by Sega!
    I'm not knocking your game, but I doubt you'll get many takers at that price.

Developer
    Thanks
    I'm still evaluating the price .
    Maybe I'll chang it to 9.99, but the euro-dollar change is killing me.

is the iPod Touch supported? Because it just shows the default screen then crashes. All the premissions are set too
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62805&dateline=120630  7206

Developer
    Thanks
    Well, you just told me is not
    I tested it on iPhone 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 only,so your feedback is welcome.

do you plan to support it? This app and CalcPaper are the only ones I know of that didn't work on the iPod, but CalcPaper fixed the issue
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62805&dateline=120630  7206

Developer
    Thanks
    If there is a minimum feedback regarding sales I will think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    $15 to register???? Are you nuts???

For God's sakes, Super Monkey Ball is only $10 and that was developed by Sega!
    I'm not knocking your game, but I doubt you'll get many takers at that price.
    As you requested . Launching price changed at 9,99
    Last edited by Darxun; 06-13-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You will get much more interest I bet if you made the game free and put adsense ads on your more info page on installer.app to recoup development costs

it looks like a good game though

$9.99 is even too much. Especially when you don't have a brand name, your best bet is to make it cheaper to get your name and product in the hands of many consumers. Since it's your first title, if you make it cheap ($2.99 or so), then more people will play it and if it's GOOD, then they will be willing to pay for your other games, down the road. At $9.99, I and many others won't touch this game, nor your other games to come.

In the long run, it's best for you and the consumer to price this much lower.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

charge what u want, people who want it will pay, and people who don't wont.

i like the concept of the game and the screen shots look cool. goodluck with ur game, i wont be paying for any games on my iphone
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Downloaded the game, its pretty cool, but you really need to work on the controls.
    This is an Iphone, not a game boy. Think touch.
    Maybe movement should be a slide of your finger on the side of the screen and it would increase or decrease the speed. To change direction, touch your finger any where on the screen and slide it left and right. sliding up and down will move the mechs head. (think of how you play this game with only a mouse) to fire double tap any where on the screen. Also it would be cool if it could run in landscape mode.

i hate to be the jerk, but this game isnt very fun at all, id pay maybe a dollar the most

When it free -> i will install )

To comment on price, I don't think you'll have a problem charging $9.99 if you become an official developer. I know the acceptance rate is about 14% right now, but over time I'm sure that will change.

Once people have bought the more mainstream games at $9.99, they'll want more, and while theres a lull in between launches, an app like this can sneak in and fetch some nice sales.

I so totally agree.
    a donation box would be great at your site rather then pricing your game.
    No wonder the open source community flourishing.

Developer
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    Thanks for taking the time to try it .
    Your suggestions help me a lot.
    By the way this is not my first title.It is my first title for the iphone but I've made many games for PalmOS ,PocketPC , Symbian S60 and UIQ,both for me and other companies.
    Keep in mind that to code a software 3d engine takes months of development
    so the price must be enough at least to repay a bit of the work.
    In the future I think I will implement it over OpenGL and maybe I will add multiplayer,that will give it a more professional look.

Cheers

Roberto Perego
    -Darxun Games-

it would be better in landscape mode. i think 9.99 for monkey ball is wayyy to much. games should be like 5 bucks. i mean u dont play games on ur iphone for hours at a time. its like something you do when ur bored waiting at the doctors office or something. i dunno, ill wait till someone hacks them and cracks them lol im sooooo jk. people should get paid, but not overly paid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast