Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cybersaurus - A new native 3d game for the iPhone

Look...the game is great...i agree that it would work better landscape
    but..DO NOT charge for it..you will not get much revenue...rather get advertisements on ur intro screen that is the best solution...you will get paid no matter what...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Nobody donates. There's no way to sustain a living off donations.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Nobody donates. There's no way to sustain a living off donations.

I donate all the time, using my mom and dads credit card ,

I don't understand why people don't donate, I mean its only a couple of bucks, but come on 10 bucks is way to much!!, Like the other guy said up there i'll wait untill someone cracks it lol soooo jk

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow! That's another coold 3D game, Im gonna install this when get my iPhone 3G along with everything else

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

I'm on an iPod touch 1.1.4 and after installing the game, it showed the first screen and crashed.

Developer
    Thanks
    I think I solved the problem on the iPod.
    Can you try to download it again from my repo?
    3d games for the iPhone .
    Let me know if it works...

Working now on my Touch...
    Thanks for the 3 levels...

dude buttons on an iphone.... where's the touch? where's the accelerometer? porting the game isn't enough...

I like the concept and it could be a good game but the buttons don't work. You need to use the accelerometer to move the body, sliding of the finger to move the head, and it definitely needs landscape mode. I also agree that the price is to steep. I realize that you want to get paid for your work as I used to develop Palm OS software and know how much of a pain coding is, but your price is not competitive. As a consumer, I'm going to spend my $10 on a game from a well known company such as Sega (Super Monkey Ball). If I saw your game at a lower price though, there would be a chance of me paying for your game. It might also be a good idea to release your first few apps for free so people get to know you, then charge for later apps.

The game is cool, I know how long dev takes and that you need some back when u give so much. I think $10 is not the end of the world and personally I will register.

but what about shrink to $7 or add 3 more levels for $10, so you can have more and ppl commng to see your art?? . hey BTW. I want your pac m*n 3d for iphone
    In Costa Rica Beaches w/ my unix box.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

This game is great, I love it. Maybe for future releases add a feature that the accelerometer will controll look direction? up, down, left right. I find it a little hard to aim without taking too much time. Keep up the good work

Green Apple
    Thanks
    congrats on getting it featured on the front page

Great work and thanks for the demo. It runs smooth.

I think a multiplayer function will make more interest around the game.

Read about problems people have been having (including myself)--while results are not always the same for all people, worst case scenario you will need to completely restore your iPhone! It is NOT worth taking the chance on this--I lost pictures, phone contacts, etc... >.>

Developer
    Thanks
    Hi guys,
    About the controls,I'm planning to add the accelerometer or the touch to control aim in the future.
    Anyway I haven't added turning right-left with it because I personally find it unplayable
    if I control the game with the accelerometer.
    Also ,Cybersaurus was born controlled by buttons from the beginning.
    Even on PalmOS I wanted it controlled by buttons and not by pen.
    Maybe it would be nice to have camera right-left with accelerometer while still using
    the buttons to turn .
    Anyway the next step is OpenGL since at the moment the game is software rendered.

For Schweitzer,I'm sorry you are having problems with your phone
    but i doubt it is because of the game.
    I've installed and removed it a thousand times without any problem.
    Also ,the iphone has a unix-like structure.
    If an app crashes there is no way you can lose your data for that, as far as i know.
    The other people was complaining that the game was not working on iPod and that has been fixed, but nobody said that they lost data.

Quote Originally Posted by schweitzer View Post
    Read about problems people have been having (including myself)--while results are not always the same for all people, worst case scenario you will need to completely restore your iPhone! It is NOT worth taking the chance on this--I lost pictures, phone contacts, etc... >.>
    What...??? This game causes your phone to crash??

Anyway, excellent Game, controls are alright, but adding the accelerometer controls would be a nice touch, if your publishing this game on app store, I'll be one of your customers

(In reply to earlier comment that no-one donates...)

I donate.

Just a few comments..
    Downloaded it yesterday.

It wasn't very fun, I was bored after about 2 minutes. What it's lacking is intuitive controls, the ones that it has are annoying and it is slow and hard to navigate.
    Also, everything seems slow, and it seems as if you're in the mdidle of nowhere. The menu interfaces could be better, too. The only good thing this game really has going for it is decent graphics for the iPhone.

IMO, I regret buying it, and you should make it free, and put ads ingame etc, and you should make a few good iphone games before you start charging.
    But then again, it's your choice.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Developer
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    When you release a game there is always people that loves it and some other people that just don't.
    I take in account what you think ,your feedback is valuable to me.
    About the controls ,I am adding accelerometer support right now. I am also working on
    an experimental version with OpenGL since at the moment the game is software rendered.
    About making it free , it is not convenient at the moment since sales are going good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    Downloaded the game, its pretty cool, but you really need to work on the controls.
    This is an Iphone, not a game boy. Think touch.
    Maybe movement should be a slide of your finger on the side of the screen and it would increase or decrease the speed. To change direction, touch your finger any where on the screen and slide it left and right. sliding up and down will move the mechs head. (think of how you play this game with only a mouse) to fire double tap any where on the screen. Also it would be cool if it could run in landscape mode.
    I think this is an awesome idea!I think your pricing is 100% correct. It's on par with other mobile games of this caliber (as far as phones and PDAs go) I think too many people are new to the phone/pda game. They're used to paying $20 for a gameboy game or 2.99 for a java game on their phone. 3D games have been priced this way for years on Palm and PocketPC devices.

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast